BLAT 2019 – BLAT is a university level entrance test which is conducted every year by the conducted body i.e. Banaras Hindu University for the candidates willing to pursue BA LLB program of 5-year after the completion of intermediate (10+2). Now, those candidates intended to make their career in the legal sector must apply for the BLAT 2019 exam since the application form has been released on 10th February 2019 and the last date for filling the application form till 9th March 2019. Further, the entrance test of BLAT 2019 will be conducted on 16th May 2019 which was earlier about to be conducted on 12th May 2019 in both online and offline mode. Thus the candidates must go through criteria to make sure that they meet the requirements set by the examination conducting authority and fill the form on a priority basis. Also, start preparing for the exam from now onwards but before that go through the exam pattern and syllabus to have a comprehensive understanding of the test pattern and the no. of sections, topics etc. At last, read the article properly and keep yourself tuned with the latest updates.
Latest Update*- the date for the entrance test of BLAT 2019 has been extended from 12th May 2019 and now, the examination will be held on 16th May 2019 in online as well as the offline mode in various cities across the county.
BLAT Important Dates 2019
The aspirants going to appear for BLAT 2019 can check the timetable of events to know the important dates for the event and booked scheduled BLAT events. The underneath table specifies all the exam details and events of BLAT.
|BLAT Events 2019||Important Dates (Announced)|
|The date of notification of BLAT 2019||January’19|
|The date of online registration for BLAT 2019 begins||10th February 2019(Released)|
|The date of BLAT online application 2019 begins||10th February 2019|
|The last date of BLAT online application 2019||Fourth week of February 2019|
|The issue of BLAT admit card 2019||The first week of April 2019|
|Date of BLAT 2019||16th May 2019|
|Date of announcement of BLAT Result 2019||The second week of June 2019|
|Date of publication of Merit List of BLAT 2019||The first week of July 2019|
BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
BHU will announce the BLAT eligibility criteria 2019 for admissions to BA LLB program of the university. The eligibility criteria of BLAT 2019 will be announced in the third week of January 2019 along with the release of the official brochure of BLAT. In this section, the student may check the BLAT 2019 eligibility criteria which include age and academic qualification needed to appear in the law admission test.
Academic Qualification –
- The student will have to pass 10+2 level qualifying examination from any recognized state or national board of India
- The student will have to secure at least 50% marks in all subjects aggregate (qualifying examination)
- Students belong to the category of OBC will have to score at least 45% marks in all subjects aggregate (qualifying examination)
- In case of SC/ST students, they will have to secure minimum 40% marks in all subjects aggregate (qualifying examination)
- A student whose result is awaited of 10+2 qualifying examination is also eligible to apply for BLAT 2019
- The age limit criteria have been removed for admissions for 5 years Integrated LLB program by the University through the official Earlier Bar Council of India (BCI) had given the guidelines that students who are seeking admissions to 5 year LLB program should not be more than 20 years of age (general category) and, in 22 years of age in case of reserved category.
BLAT 2019 Application Form
To appear in the BLAT 2019 exam, candidates have to apply for it where they have to fill the application form in online mode. Thus, check out the procedure which needs to be followed for completing the whole process of registration:
- Registration Process
- Filling up the BLAT Application Form 2019
- Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- Remittance of the Application Fee
Step 1: Registration Process
- First of all, candidates have to make a visit on the official website of BHU
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option which will be available on the home page of the BHU
- On clicking the link, a new page will open where the candidates have to register as a new user
- Further, candidates have to enter their basic details such as name, email ID, gender, valid mobile number, and email address
- Post providing the requisite details, the login credentials will be generated which the candidates must use for filling up the application form
Step 2: Filling up the Application Form
- After completion of the registration process, candidates can log in to their account using the login credentials for filling up the application form
- All the applicants have to give their own name, parent’s name, birth date, gender, category, nationality, blood group, permanent, and correspondence address
- Also, the candidates will be given the opportunity to choose the BLAT exam centres 2019
Step 3: Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- Application have to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format
- The size for both photograph and signature must be less than 100 KB and the format of the image must in JPEG
Step 4: Remittance of the Application Fee
- The application form can be paid through both online and offline mode. To fill the form in online mode, use the credit card, debit card or net banking whereas, for offline mode payment, purchase the challan and pay at any HDFC branch.
- At last, candidates have to make the payment of the application fee which varies category-wise, thus to know the detailed information, let’s go through the below-given table:
Note*– If a candidate wants to apply for more than 1 course, their application for each subsequent course will be as follows:
BLAT Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates who will be appearing in the entrance test of BLAT for the year 2019 must check out the exam pattern to have detailed information about the test paper including the mode, medium, time duration, marking scheme etc. Thus to acquire good marks and for the ideal preparation check the following information:
- Exam Mode: The BLAT 2019 exam mode will be based on Pen and paper. The student will have to attempt objective type questions.
- Exam Duration: The student will be given 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours for attempting the whole paper and section of BLAT 2019.
- Type and number of Questions: In the BLAT 2019 students will be asked question related to Current Affairs & General Awareness, Mental Ability, Legal Aptitude, and English Comprehension. Total questions will be 150 in the paper.
- Total Marks: The BLAT 2019 exam paper will be of 450 marks comprises four sections.
- Marking Scheme: Student should keep in mind that there is negative marking for each wrong answer whereas 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer given. No mark will be given for any non-attempted answer.
|S.No.||Exam Sections 2019|
|3||General Awareness and Current Affairs|
|Paper Pattern BLAT 2019||Description|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-Paper based (OMR sheet)|
|Medium of exam||Hindi and English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Questions Pattern||Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Questions||150 questions|
|Maximum Marks||450 marks|
GK and Current Affairs
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
BLAT 2019 Syllabus
Below-mentioned is the name of the sections from which the questions will be asked in the BLAT 2019 exam. Also, the topics which are covered under each section are mentioned for the ease of the candidates to not get confused and do the smart preparation for obtaining the good marks in BLAT 2019:
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||
The process of BLAT Exam 2019
- There will be different question booklet and a separate answer sheet as an OMR sheet to mark the answers.
- The invigilator will ask the students after issuing the BLAT 2019 question booklet that they all will need to check the pages and instructions given in it.
- Aspirants will write their Question Booklet No., Roll Number, and Question paper Set No., at the space given on the answer sheet by ball pen only.
- Students will have to choose the correct answer from the multiple options provided below each question (MCQs), and mark the answer in the OMR sheet. The student will have to darken the appropriate oval in the OMR sheet with a pen (blue/black) only.
- The student will have to note that if any answer which is darkened wrongly will be considered as an incorrect answer. Students have to darken the ovals in the proper way, as defined in the brochure, and any other method of marking the answers i.e. cross, tick mark or lined etc., will be considered void/incorrect.
- Students will have to submit the completed OMR answer sheet as well as question booklet to the Invigilator after completion.
BLAT Admit Card 2019
The Banaras Hindu University will upload the admit card in the first week of April 2019 for the candidates to download it for appearing in the exam. The admit card will be made available in the online mode only. Therefore, candidates who have applied for the BLAT 2019 must generate it on a priority after it releases. Now, all the applicants need to know the procedure to download the admit card which is mentioned below in details:
- Visit the official website of the BHU
- Click on the link to download the BLAT 2019 admit card (for 5-year)
- A new tab will open with a dialog box wherein candidates have to enter the email ID or registration ID
- Once the admit card is downloaded, take the print out of the same and keep it safe for the further usage
Note- Post downloading the admit card, candidates must check if all the details mentioned on it are correct as in case of discrepancy, get it rectified before the commencement of the exam. Also, do not forget to carry the admit card while going to appear for BLAT 2019 exam.
BLAT Sample Papers 2019
Students appearing for BLAT 2019 must ensure that they will solve as many as BLAT Sample Papers 2019 for practicing, therefore, they will get a fair idea of the way questions will be asked in BLAT 2019. Students will have to search for good books and internet study material and practice regularly to gain good marks in the final exam.
BLAT Answer Key 2019
BLAT will release BLAT 2019 answer key in the 1st week of May 2019. The BHU will release answer key of BLAT 2019 for all groups/set of question paper. The BLAT 2019 answer key will be published in two stages– provisional answer key and final answer key. The BLAT 2019 provisional answer key will be publicized a week later after the final exam and the final answer key of BLAT will be published again after the alteration will be made against the discrepancies in answers.
Exam Centres for BLAT 2019
While filling up the application form, candidates are given the opportunity to select their choice of exam centres for appearing in the entrance test of BA LLB. For online mode examination, total number of 115 exam centres are approved and that for offline mode, 45 exam centres are set by the authority Therefore, candidates prior to filling the application form must go through the table wherein the exam centres are listed:
For Paper-Based Test
|Kerala||Kochi (Ernakulum)||Himachal Pradesh||Shimla|
|Tripura||Agartala||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
For Computer-Based Test
|Uttar Pradesh||Meerut||Madhya Pradesh||Sagar|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Naharlagun||Delhi||New Delhi|
|Chattisgarh||Bilaspur||Bokaro Steel City|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||Vishakhapatnam|
BLAT Result 2019
The BLAT 2019 result will be declared by BHU in the last week of May 2019. The university will publish the result of BLAT 2019 just after releasing the final answer key of BLAT. The BLAT result will be declared on the official website of BHU. After checking the result of BLAT 2019 students will be able to know their qualifying status in BLAT. Students will be allowed to download their BLAT scorecard 2019 along with BLAT result 2019. Students can access their results of BLAT 2019 by logging into their student portal at BHU website.
BLAT Cutoff 2019
The BHU will determine and announce the BLAT cut-off list soon after the declaration of BLAT 2019 results. Students here have to note that BLAT 2019 cut off marks will the minimum cut-off marks needed to secure a seat in the BA LLB program of BHU. The BHU also consider the last cut-off marks in BLAT merit list to secure a seat in the 5-year integrated law program of the university. Students will also have to note that BLAT cut off 2019 will be different for each student category (Gen/OBC/SC/ST). Students can check the below table of previous year cutoff marks and closing ranks for each category to get a better idea-
BLAT cut off 2019
|Category Wise||Cut off marks||Last closing rank|
BLAT Merit List 2019
The BHU will broadcast the BLAT 2019 merit list just after the declaration of result by the last week of May 2019. The student who will attain higher marks will get high rank in the BLAT merit list 2019. Students will be able to check the merit list of BLAT 2019 in pdf format only. The student must note that the BLAT merit list will include details regarding Candidate’s Name, Qualifying Status, Roll Number, AIR (All India Rank) and Category wise Ranking. Check the process of BLAT counselling 2019 below.
BLAT Counselling 2019
Just after the declaration of Merit list BHU will announce and organize BLAT counselling 2019 in the first week of June 2019. Students who will meet the cut off the line of BLAT 2019 will register for the law admission counselling of BLAT 2019. The BHU will announce a complete schedule of BLAT counselling 2019. Students will also receive a call letter to attend the counselling process from the university which will include the time of counselling, counselling venue, instructions and, terms of eligibility and all this will be printed on it. Students will have to attend the BLAT counselling 2019 physically along with the mandatory documents which will be checked by the officials at the BLAT counselling venue. Candidates can check the BLAT counselling 2019 process and schedule on the official website of BHU.
FAQs about BLAT 2019
Question: What is the release date for BLAT application form 2019?
Answer: It will be available on the official website with proper notification in the month of January 2019.
Question: What are the other documents necessary to be uploaded online with the application form BLAT 2019?
Answer: You have to upload scanned images of signature, photograph.
Question: Is there any way to submit CET Law application form via offline mode?
Answer: No, form submission will be done through online mode only, no offline mode is available.
Question: If someone has the class 12th result is awaited can he/she apply?
Answer: Yes, you are eligible to apply.
Question: What is the maximum age to apply for 5 years BA LLB course?
Answer: There is no maximum age to apply for a 5 year BA LLB course.