AP LAWCET 2019 – AP LAWCET, a miniature form of Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance test which is conducted every year to offer 3-year and 5-year integrated law courses. The entrance test of AP LAWCET 2019 is conducted by the official authorities of Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur on the behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. Therefore, those candidates intended to appear in the entrance test of AP LAWCET 2019 to be conducted on 6th May 2019 must start their preparation from now onwards to qualify the exam in a single attempt. Also, fill the application form on a priority basis to avoid last minute rush. Through the entrance test of AP LAWCET, the candidates can get into top law colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh for above-mentioned programs. However, it is also mandatory for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form to make sure that the applicants fulfill the criteria set by the examination conducting authority. Thus, to have comprehensive information about the AP LAWCET 2019 exam, candidates must read the article thoroughly and to fetch the latest updates related to important dates, application form, admit card, exam date, result, selection procedure, etc., stay tuned to our website.
Latest Updates*- The Application form of AP LAWCET 2019 has been released from 16 March 2019 and will be available till 24 April 2019. The examination date for AP LAWCET 2019 has been released by the examination conducting authority according to which the entrance test will be conducted on 6th May 2019
AP LAWCET 2019 Important Dates
It is necessary for the students to know every minute date and event so that they will not miss any important event. In the below table student may check the AP LAWCET important dates 2019:
|AP LAWCET 2019 Particulars||Important Dates|
|Date of availability of application form||16 March 2019(Available)|
|Last date to submit an application form||24 April 2019|
|Date of Application form correction||27th April 2019-28th April 2019|
|Releasing of AP LAWCET admit card 2019||1 May 2019|
|Date of final examination AP LAWCET 2019||6th May 19(Announced)|
|Date of releasing of answer key 2019||Notify Soon|
|Date of declaration of AP LAWCET result 2019||Notify Soon|
|Date of downloading of rank/merit card||Notify Soon|
|Date of counselling||In the month of October’19|
AP LAWCET 2019 Application Form
Following are the important points of AP LAWCET application form 2019 which students must keep in mind while filling it online:
- It is highly advisable to the students that before filling the AP LAWCET application form 2019. Kindly read the information brochure carefully.
- Students will be to fill the application form through online mode only on the official website of AP LAWCET.
- The student is able to fill the AP LAWCET online application form 2019 from 16 March 2019.
- One must note that the AP LAWCET filled-in application form will have to be submitted before the last date, i.e., 24 April 2019. In case of non-submission, the candidature will not be accepted in any other way.
- Students will have to fill the basic information and qualification details in AP LAWCET online application form 2019. Students will also have to upload the passport size photograph and signature on the official website of AP LAWCET.
Application Fee: AP LAWCET 2019
From the aspirants’ point of view, it is necessary to know the exact exam fee so that they may arrange the required fee on time. Here are details of AP LAWCET Application Fee 2019:
- The student will have to remit the application fee of rupees 700/- to fulfill the application process.
- The student will be able to remit the required fee through credit or debit card/net banking or through AP online centres.
Eligibility Criteria AP LAWCET 2019
To appear in any exam in India it is necessary for the aspirants to know the exact eligibility criteria of that particular exam. Similarly, in the case of AP LAWCET 2019, students must know the minimum eligibility criteria to fill the AP LAWCET online application form 2019 to apply for 3 years and 5 years LL.B courses. Let’s discuss it in bullet points.
- Nationality: The student must be an Indian National (Born and brought up in India)
- Domicile: Student will have to proof of his/her local/non-local status of AP state.
- Age Criteria: Below chart highlights the age limit for appearing the AP LAWCET exam
|Courses||Age Limit Student Category wise|
|5 years BL/LLB||20 yrs.||22 yrs.|
|3 years BL/LLB||30 yrs.||35 yrs.|
- Qualification: In case of qualification, course wise segregation will be present in AP CETLAW exam 2019.
For 3-year LL.B Course: Student will have to pass the graduate degree (10+5) or equivalent from a recognized university of India with 45% overall marks.
For 5-year LL.B Course: Student will have to pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam from the recognized education board or AP board with a minimum of 45% marks.
Note: There will be a 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST students and 3% 5% relaxation of marks for OBC students in the qualifying exam.
AP LAWCET 2019 Exam Pattern
Same like eligibility criteria, the student must also be known of the AP CETLAW exam pattern 2019. Below are the details of the exam details:
- Mode of Exam: The students will have to give exam through the online mode on the official website of AP CETLAW
- The medium of Exam: The final exam of AP LAWCET will be conducted in Telugu and English languages.
- of Questions: Total number of questions that will be asked in the AP CETLAW exam would be around 120 questions.
- Types of Questions: MCQs and Objective type questions will be asked to the aspirants in the exam paper.
- Total Duration: The exam paper of AP LAWCET will be of 90 minutes (1 and half hour). The student will have to ensure that they will complete their exam within the stipulated time.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, one mark will be given to the student in the question paper.
- Negative Marking: It is good news that there will no negative marking in the AP CETLAW exam.
A below chart highlights the number of sections and allotted marks to each section. The student should see this table carefully
|Parts||Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||GK and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Part B||Current Affairs and News||30||30|
|Part C||Law Aptitude Test||60||60|
AP LAWCET 2019 Syllabus
The questions will be asked to the undergraduates who are going to apply for integrated 5 year Law course, from the Intermediate level and in case of those undergraduates who are going to apply for 3 year Law course, the standard of questions will be up to the degree Level. The students who are going to apply for 3 year LLB courses, they will have study the topics related to General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Mental Ability, and Law Aptitude. Now, to know the detailed information about the same, let’s go through the following:
AP LAWCET 2019 Syllabus for General Knowledge and Mental Ability
The total no. of 30 questions will be asked from this section to check the static general knowledge of the candidates. Thus, to know the details, let’s go through the below-given topic:
- Indian History
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture & Heritage
Best Book for the Preparation of General Knowledge and Mental Ability
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||Upkar Prakashan|
|The Mega Yearbook 2019 – Current Affairs and General Knowledge for the Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|General Knowledge 2019||G.K. Pub|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Lucent|
|General Knowledge 2019 Capsule with Current Affairs Update||Disha Publication|
Topics Covered Under Mental Ability
- Blood Relationships
- Analytical Reasoning
- Coding & Decoding
- Complex Arrangements
- Direction and Distances
- Linear Arrangements
- Symbols and Notations
- Routes & Networks
- Ordering & Sequencing
- Data Sufficiency Test
- Data Interpretation Test
- Ordering & Sequencing
- Alphabet Test
- Problem Based on Visual Ability
|Books for Preparation||Author/Publisher|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning||Prentice Hall India Learning|
|A New Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal||S. Chand|
|Quantitative Aptitude By R S Aggarwal||S Chand|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Arihant|
AP LAWCET 2019 Syllabus for Aptitude for the Study of Law
From this section, the total no. of 60 questions will be interrogated which will check legal knowledge of the candidates. Therefore, let’s have a glimpse of the topics covered under the section of AP LAWCET 2019:
- Public International Law
- State Jurisdiction
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea, and Outer Space
- International Law and Municipal Law
- United Nations
- Nationality and Statelessness
- Labour Law
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- Trade Union Act
- Crimes and Torts
- Joint Liability
- Indian Penal Code – General Principles & General Exceptions
- State Liability for Torts, Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- TORTS: General Principles of Tort
- Mercantile Law
- General Principles of Contract
- Indian Contract Act – 1872
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) & Other Law:
- Environmental Protection Law, 1986
- Salient Features of Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Right to Information Act 2005
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Right Act 1993
- Copyright Act, 1957, Patent Act, 1970
|Name of the Books||Author/Publisher|
|LAWCET Study Material||Vikram Publishers|
|National University Law, B.A. LLB (Hons) All India Entrance Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Universal’s General Knowledge of Law – Legal GK for Competitive Examinations||Manish Arora|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other law entrance examinations: A workbook||Bhardwaj|
AP LAWCET 2019 Syllabus for Current Affairs
This section comprises of 30 questions that aim at checking the awareness of the candidates to the latest updates. Hence, to get comprehensive information about the same, let’s have a glimpse of the below-cited information
- Scientific Discoveries and Inventions
- Awards and Achievements
- And further topics of relevance
Note* – To remain updated with the latest happenings, keep reading a newspaper, magazines, journals, etc on a regular basis.
AP LAWCET 2019 Exam Centers
Following are the AP LAWCET exam centres 2019 which the student may prefer while filing the application form of AP LAWCET 2019.
AP LAWCET 2019 Hall Ticket
The student will be able to download they their admit cards right from 1 May 2019. These admit cards will be available to the students from the official website through their login credentials (username and password). One thing important to note here only those students will be able to download the admit cards who have successfully submitted their AP LAWCET application form 2019. Similarly, admit cards will not be issued to the ineligible students also.
AP LAWCET 2019 Result
Soon after a month of AP LAWCET exam 2019 get over the University will declare and announce the final results and these results will come out in the second week of June 2019. The qualifying /passing percentage in the AP LAWCET 2019 exam will be 35% that means the student will have to score at least 42 marks out of the total 120 marks. In case of SC and ST students, there will be no minimum qualifying marks to secure a rank in the merit list. On the basis of marks secured by the student in the written test, the university will prepare a merit list and will allot a rank in that. The student will be issued a rank card (which can be downloaded from the official website through login credentials) after the declaration of final results.
AP LAWCET 2019 Counselling
- A centralized counselling process will be organized by the university soon after the declaration of merit list and rank card.
- Only the shortlisted and merit holder students will be called for the AP LAWCET counselling 2019 process.
- The counselling process will start in the first week of October 2019. Students
- Successful Students will have to submit the counselling fee for locking their option/choices and seat.
- At the counselling centre, the student will be asked to verify all their original documents for final seat allotment in front of officials.
- The final seats will be allotted to the student on the basis of filled choices and availability of seats.
FAQs about AP LAWCET 2019
Question: Which documents I have to send physically along with the application form at the AP LAWCET wing?
Answer: Please note that Student need not send any hard copy or documents to the university. However, the student is advised to take a hard copy of application form for future use (counselling and admission process)
Question: I have realized that I have made a mistake in AP LAWCET application form 2019. Can I change now?
Answer: No. Till the time of final submission, you can make changes in the online form but once it is finally submitted you are allowed to make any changes.
Question: Is there any provision to fill the AP LAWCET application form 2019 through offline mode?
Answer: No. It is available only online. You have to visit the official website of AP LAW CET and fill the form.
Question: Is there any maximum age limit to appear in AP LAWCET 2019?
Answer: Yes there is, you may check the eligibility criteria section in this above blog and read the details carefully.
Please write a comment in the below-mentioned box. We welcome your valuable comments and related queries.