AILET Seat Allotment 2019 – After the merit list is being published by the AILET, the process of counseling begins where the candidates, who qualify for the AILET Seat allotment 2019 reservation criteria and meet the eligibility standards, are required to meet a minimum of performance in AILET and also in the following selection rounds for final admission. Upon the verification of the guidelines of AILET Seat allotment, the qualified candidates will be organized in the order of Merit under each category. A waiting list will be created for each category so that candidates in the waiting list can be included in the order of Merit in the event of an unavailability of a selected candidate. Below is the table which shows the AILET Seat allotment 2019 for various reservation categories.
|Category||Seat Reservation for BA LLB||Seat reservation for LLM|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%||7.5%|
|Persons with disability||3%||2.5%|
Below is the list of tentative AILET Seat allotment 2019 for the various law programs offered at NLU, Delhi.
|Category||BA.LL.B. (Hons.) Seats||LL.M. Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||11||6|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5||3|
|Persons with disability||2||1|
|Overseas Students who are also foreign Nationals||10||5|
AILET Seat Allotment 2019: Reservation of Seats
- The selection is based solely on the merits of the entrance test, bound to reservation of 15% (11 seats) for SC applicants, 7.5% (5 seats) for scheduled tribal applicants, 3% (2 seats) for disabled persons, and a seat for Kashmiri migrants and 2 seats from the 71 seats, which are occupied by the entrance exam.
- The total number of seats for five years combined BA LLB program is 81. Of the 81 seats, ten places are reserved for foreigners. In the event that an opening arises below this quota, the same is occupied for the general category in the order of Merit.
- If there are no eligible candidates in the scheduled caste category, then the seats may be allotted to the scheduled tribe applicants and vice versa. Still, if there are vacant seats with respect to the SC/ST category those seats may be allocated to the general category students if eligible.
- The un-filled seats from AILET Seat allotment 2019 of the foreign nationals’ category will automatically go to general category applicants on the basis of the merit list
- A flat reservation of 30% of the total seats is occupied by qualified women candidates, comprising those chosen in reserved and overseas national categories.
AILET Seat Allotment 2019: Important Instructions
- Admission for foreigners apart from the regular 5 seats for foreign nationals, applicants who own the citizenship of any other country apart from India will only be considered under this category. The foreigners are excused from the entrance examination.
- The number of places available for the doctoral program is communicated by the university every year beforehand the start of the admission procedure, with the availability of teachers for doctoral students in mind. But, the number of seats can be increased by up to 25% by taking into account the availability of regular faculty members of NLU Delhi for doctoral students who otherwise meet the required eligibility criteria.
- The university reserves the right to hold un-filled seats and may move it to the subsequent academic years in case of unavailability of candidates under a particular category.
- An additional seat for Kashmiri migrants. Two surplus seats for students from Jammu & Kashmir subject to the endorsement of the Governing Council. Candidates must appear in the AILET 2019 and meet the eligibility criteria as appropriate.
- A total of 50 seats are offered for admission to candidates who are applying for LLM one year course at NLU Delhi based on merits in AILET 2019.
- Under the NLUD-IICA Joint LLM course, there is an overall of 25 seats for Indian citizens who fall under various categories. In addition, five seats are offered for the admission of foreigners who own a country’s citizenship
- The open seats are strictly filled based on the order of the rank secured by the candidate in the merit list only.
- If the rank remains the same for two or more candidates, the scores of the 10th standard are taken into account. If there is still no alteration in rank, then the candidate of older age will be given preference.
This is all about the seat allotment process of AILET 2019. Feel free to post your queries or doubts in the comment section below.