KVPY Notification 2018 – After being bought into effect in the year 1999 by the Government of India, the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) has gained momentum among other scholarship schemes in the country for the aspiring candidates. It is a popular National Level Fellowship program designed by the Department of Science and technology. The selection for the test is completely inclined upon the aptitude test as well as the interview that is both organized and conducted by the IISC’s. The scholarship scheme that is provided by the KVPY is granted up to pre-PhD level to the candidates who qualify in the examination that is conducted. All the candidates who aim to prepare as well as appear for the KVPY examination are expected to go through this article which consists of KVPY Notification 2018.
KVPY Notification 2018: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility refers to the basic qualities or qualifications that an individual should possess so as to get selected for appearing in the examination he/she aspires to. The eligibility criteria for appearing in the KVPY are given below.
- The candidate appearing for the KVPY examination must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates are only able to apply for the SA if they have qualified 11th standard whereas; candidates can apply for the SX if they have already qualified for the 12th
- The minimal marks required for the SA stream is 80% (reserved categories) in 10th standard and that for 12th standard it is 60% (50% for reserved categories).
- The minimal marks required for the SX stream is 80% (reserved categories) in 10th standard and that for 12th standard it is 60% (50% for reserved categories).
- The marks required for SB stream is 60% (50% for reserved categories) in science subjects in 12th
- Candidates also ought to secure 60% marks in the 1st year of education program.
KVPY Notification 2018: Examination Information Analysis
The KVPY examination is organized and conducted for a duration of 90 minutes ( 3 hours). It comprises of two parts with a total weightage of 100 marks. The paper is conducted and regulated in two languages, namely Hindi and English. Gather complete information about the KVPY examination here!
|Examination Name||KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)|
|Examination Conducting Authority||IISc, Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)|
|Streams Included in the Examination||SA, SB and SX|
|Examination Centers||54 Cities across|
|Examination Date||November 05, 2018|
|Mode of Appearing in the Examination||Online|
|Medium for Appearing in the Examination||English|
|Number of Qualified candidates||SA- 75|
KVPY Notification 2018: Events and their Dates
Without the dates known to you, you will never be able to commence with your valuable preparation for the scholarship exams. Below are the events that get conducted for the KVPY and the dates of the same are displayed accordingly.
|KVPY Events||Dates (Expected)|
|Online Application Form Issued||2nd week of July 2018|
|Last Date of Form Filling||2nd week of August 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of October 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of November 2018|
|Provisional Answer Key Release||4th week of November 2018|
|Objection Against Answer Key||till the last week of November 2018|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of December 2018|
|Interview Round||3rd week of January 2019|
|Final Result Declare||April 2019|
KVPY Notification 2018: Paper Design/ Pattern
For SA Stream:
- There are two parts comprising of 4 sections – Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- The first part comprises of 15 questions and second part comprises of 5 questions, in each of the sections of both.
For SB/SX Stream:
- Even in this there are two parts comprising of 4 sections – Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- The first part comprises of 20 questions and second part comprises of 10 questions, in each of the sections of both.
The paper pattern will expectedly receive no fluctuations and be the same as the last year. There are two stages to qualify through, one is the Aptitude Test and the other is the Interview.
- The exam is conducted for duration of 3 hours (90minutes).
- There is a positive marking for each correct answer and a negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The KVPY is an online examination and has nothing to do with the offline paper based mode of exam.
- The admit cards are available online and so are other details like the dates, results as well as the cut-offs of the same.
- The questions are objective with the totality of 100 marks weightage of the paper.
- There is a totality of 60 questions in this examination and moreover it is a scholarship based exam.
KVPY Notification 2018: Preparation Tips
- All the candidates who are going to appear in the KVPY exam are expected to collect their admit cards online and thus, are expected to go through the whole syllabus.
- The candidates can follow the previous year’s sample question papers which can fetch you a good knowledge about the type of questions and the examination pattern.
- The students are suggested to follow certain books namely, Fundamentals of Physics by David Hally, Concepts of Physics by DC Pandey for Physics, Modern ABC of Chemistry by Modern Publishers, NCERT Physical and Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon for Chemistry, Mathematics for Class 11 by RD Sharma, NCERT Class 11 and Class 12 for Mathematics and Elementary Biology by Trueman, NCERT Books class 11 and Class 12 for Biology.
- Cracking the KVPY exam is a tough game. This requires real focus on the part of the individuals appearing with a great sense of time management in their work functions.
- Making sure to reach the exam hall before time is very essential on the part of the ones appearing for the KVPY exam. If any of the students gets late then the commencement of the exam hour, then he/she will not be further allowed to enter and appear for the examination.
KVPY Notification 2018: Essential Paper Progressive Rounds
- Aptitude test
- The aptitude test, being one part of the selection process is organized and conducted in the online mode.
- The candidates in this test are analysed and judged on the basis of the reasoning and analytical abilities.
- The candidates are at least expected to score 75% out of the total weightage to qualify through the aptitude test.
- All the questions are mandatory to be accomplished by the candidates, thus everyone should focus in answering to the best of their abilities.
- The candidates are asked to attempt any three sections in the first part and two sections of the second part in for the SX/SB stream.
- Interview process
- Only those candidates who qualify through the process of aptitude test are called for in the interview process.
- Various centers are allotted to all the candidates where they are ought to reach on time and appear for the interview.
- The purpose of the interview process is to evaluate the candidates according to their knowledge in analytics, reasoning, calculations, abilities, aptitude and so on.
Apart from the introductory part there are questions that are posed forward to the candidates regarding the subjects namely, biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics.