Table of Content
Those of you who are Kerala students and are willing to make a career in medical field and keen to take admission in Kerala Medical collages, can participate in Kerala PG Medical 2017 Entrance Exam. Through the exam you would get a chance to enter in most prominent and high ranking colleges. Kerala Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam is held for those of you who desire to take admission in Post graduate Medical degree/ diploma courses. Those of you who are interested need to serve 3 years in order to get PG degree because it is similar to other degree programs running in India and the diploma courses duration is of 2 years. Those of you who have already done PG courses, they can get 1 year relaxation. PG Diploma Pass certificate is very imperative for those of you appearing in Kerala Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam. The deserving individuals can go on the way for counseling after clearing the entrance examination. The exam would be conducted according the condition of Government of India and Medical council of India. There is no such condition and reductions for the individuals; they have to just clear the all eligibility criteria in order to show ability for a seat in the Medical colleges across Kerala. All those of you who are appearing should know about the quotas and reservations that exist in the examination.
|Kerala PG Medical Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Kerala Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam|
|Commonly known as||Kerala PG Medical Exam|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Government of Kerala|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
Kerala PG Medical 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for the exam is most considerable for the individuals because this is base for seating in the entrance exam. They need to consider their academic qualification and other Kerala PG Medical 2017 eligibility criteria before participating in the actual examination. Following are the points that state the eligibility of the individuals.
- For attempting in the exam, you should not worry about the age limit because they just need to fulfill the mandatory condition listed in eligibility criteria for the Kerala Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam. There is no particular age limit for this examination.
- Nativity condition for the individuals: you need to belong to Kerala region and should be Indian citizen. Those of you whose parents are not resident of Kerala Region would be eligible so you can participate in the exam but they will never get the benefit of Communal and PD reservation facility.
- You would also have to clear the academic qualification. You must have MBBS Degree or temporary MBBS Passed certificate. These Degrees and certificates are to be validated by MCI (Medical council of India). Qualification Criteria for taking admission in Medical colleges in Kerala the individuals need to gain at least 50% in this entrance exam which is decided by the examination board.
- The unreserved category should secure 50% marks in the examination while SC, ST, OBC and services Quota individuals should secure 40% marks, and for Handicap individuals the passing percentage is 45%.
Kerala PG Medical 2017 Application Form
Applying for PG medical courses/diploma, you need to follow all conditions and criteria. The selection process of the courses is not too hard. You only need to make clear their all documents because without perfect documents you would not be allowed to book a slot in the examination. Following are the other details.
- All those of you who are interested for Medical courses, need to clear the Kerala Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam that is organized by Commissioner for entrance examination. They can purchase the forms from the offices of different medical colleges.
- General category individuals need to pay Rs 1000/- and ST/ SC individuals have to pay Rs 500/-. You can get the prospectus from the Medical Colleges. They can get more details about the exam from any medical colleges. The fees structure varies for general category individuals while it is different for other casts individuals.
- The Kerala Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam would take place in 3 different locations of Kerala, Triuvanthpuram, Ernakulam and Kozhikode. These are major cities of Kerala where individuals can appear for the exam. The date would be notified for the exam by Commissioner for entrance examination. You would have to clear two papers, and the duration for the papers is 2 hours. They have to face 150 Objective type’s question. First paper is pre clinical and Para and second one is consisted on clinical subjects.
Kerala PG Medical 2017 Important Dates:
|Kerala PG 2017 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start date for Online Application Form (OAF)||December 2016|
|Last date for Filling up the Kerala PG 2017 Online Application Form (OAF)||December 2016|
|Last date for receipt of Kerala PG 2017 Application Form||December 2016|
|Uploading of Online Admit Card||January 2017|
|Kerala PG – 2017 Test Day||January 2017|
|Result of Kerala PG 2017||In the month of February 2017|