KEAM 2018 Medical – Medical Test which is popularly known as Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Entrance Exam.
It is a state level examination for the undergraduate courses organized by Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala Government. Institutes considering the KEAM exam government as well as private self-funded colleges.
There are a total of 56,407 seats reserved for the individuals to take over through KEAM. The list of courses and colleges are available on the website.
A complete list of examination centres and addresses are made available on the website. The exam is divided into 2 sets physics and chemistry in one and mathematics in other.
The duration of each set is 150 hours. Total numbers of question are 120 with 4 marks allotted to each.
KEAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Those of you willing to appear for the exam must fulfil the following KEAM 2018 eligibility criteria:
- You need to have cleared class 12th from a recognized board having physics, chemistry and mathematics as mandatory subjects.
- In addition to the above-mentioned details those of you who wish to sit for the exam need to have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or if not you should definitely turn 17years on or before the date of 31st December of the year of your admission
- You need to have gained a minimum of 50% marks in mathematics and a total of 50% in physics, chemistry and biology.
KEAM 2018 Medical Application Form
If you’re eligible you can apply for the exam online by visiting the official website. You are given complete and step by step instructions to fill the form. You can forward your query in case you need any additional assistance.
- You need to enter the information required and complete details of the qualification on the KEAM 2018 application form. The information mentioned needs to be authentic and correct. Any information entered wrongly can lead to your dismissal even after clearing the exam. In addition to this, you need to upload the file including the scanned signature, photograph, name and thumbed impression in a file.
- The signature and photographs should be clearly scanned before sending. The amount can be paid through net banking or credit card as per your convenience for the online transaction and through the Demand draft for an offline transaction. In case of payment through the Post offices, you need to collect the Security card containing the Unique Key No. needed to fill in the Application Form. You need to take a printout of the application form along with enclosures and other conditions need to be sent to the CEE office.
- In order to fill the offline form, you can download the application form from the website and after filling the form you can send the form to the official address available on the website as well as branches. The application form fee is Rs 1000 and Rs. 500 for the reserves classes.
KEAM 2018 Preparation tips
An essential aspect of getting success is to work as hard as you can during your preparations. Make a timetable, assigning adequate time to all the subjects and especially to your problem areas. Give mock tests and go through last year question paper every day.
KEAM 2018 Syllabus
KEAM 2018 Physics Syllabus
Unit 1: Introduction and Measurement
Unit 2: Description of Motion In One Dimension
Unit 3: Description of Motion In Two and Three Dimensions
Unit 4: Laws of Motion
Unit 5: Work, Energy and Power
Unit 6: Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation
Unit 7: Gravitation
Unit 8: Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
Unit 9: Heat and Thermodynamics
Unit 10: Oscillations
Unit 11: Waves
Unit 12: Electrostatics
Unit 13: Current Electricity
Unit 14: Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
Unit 15: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
Unit 16: Electromagnetic Waves
Unit 17: Optics
Unit 18: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations
Unit 19: Atomic Nucleus
Unit 20: Solids and Semiconductor Devices
Unit 21: Principles of Communications
KEAM 2018 Chemistry Syllabus
Unit 1: Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure
Unit 2: Bonding and Molecular Structure
Unit 3: States of Matter
Unit 4: Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen
Unit 5: S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy
Unit 6: P-Block Elements
Unit 7: D-Block and F-Block Elements
Unit 8: Thermodynamics
Unit 9: Chemical Equilibrium
Unit 10: Solutions
Unit 11: Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
Unit 12: Chemical Kinetics
Unit 13: Surface Chemistry
Unit 14: Coordination Compounds and Organometallics
Unit 15: Basic Principles, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
Unit 16: Hydrocarbons
Unit 17: Organic Reaction Mechanism
Unit 18: Stereochemistry
Unit 19: Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Halogens
Unit 20: Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Oxygen
Unit 21: Organic Compounds With Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen
Unit 22: Polymers and Biomolecules
Unit 23: Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry In everyday Life
KEAM 2018 Biology Syllabus
Unit 1: Diversity In The Living World
Unit 2: Plant Kingdom
Unit 3: Cell and Cell Division
Unit 4: Physiology of Plants
Unit 5: Reproduction, Growth and Development
Unit 6: Ecology and Environment
Unit 7: Biotechnology
Unit 8: Origin and Evolution of Life
Unit 9: Animal Kingdom
Unit 10: Structural Organisation of The Body
Unit 11: Genetics
Unit 12: Physiology of Animals
Unit 13: Reproduction and Development In Animals
Unit 14: Biodiversity and Conservation
Unit 15: Biology In Human Welfare
KEAM Medical 2018 Important Dates:
|Starting off selling security card along with prospectus||1st week of January 2018|
|application form release||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of January 2018|
|Admit card announced||Last week of March 2018|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2018|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2018|