Following are the KEAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria:-
- Candidates, who wish to apply for KEAM 2018 Entrance examination, must be an Indian citizen.
- Person of Indian Origin (POI)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will be treated as Indian citizens for the purpose of admission only. POI/ OCI candidates will not be given the benefit of any other reservations.
Applicants will be categorized as Keralites and Non-Keralites as follows:
- Candidates having Kerala as their origin will be considered Keralites for the purpose of admission only.
- Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) posted under Kerala cadre fall in this category. As a token of proof, these children are required to produce a certificate from the competent authority, showing the proof of their parents’ service in Kerala Cadre.
Non-Keralites Category l (NK l):
- Applicants, who are not of Kerala origin but fulfils any of the below-mentioned conditions, will be considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
- A candidate who has been residing in Kerala for minimum 5 years within the period of 12 years of study and is a non-Keralite
- A non-Keralite applicant who has studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII
- Students having studied in XII in Kerala with non-Keralite parents and are Government of India/Defence Services employees, posted to Kerala
- Applicants who have studied 10+2 in the state of Kerala with non-Keralite parents serving/served Government of Kerala for at least 2 years, including the period of study of the qualifying exam
(C) Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II):
- If a candidate doesn’t belong to ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non- Keralite Category-1’, then he/she will come in the category of ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’.
- Candidates falling in this category are eligible for admission to Management quota seats in engineering courses in Government Controlled Self-financing Colleges.
KEAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses:
For B.Tech (Ag. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg.) and B.Tech (Dairy Science. & Technology):
- Applicants are required to have passed the HSC Exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognized board.
- They are required to have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry together.
- Applicants have passed Higher Secondary Examination in the state of Kerala or Examinations considered equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics separately and 45% as an aggregate of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together, will be considered eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
KEAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech. (D.Sc. & Tech):
- Candidates are required to have passed the HSC exam of Kerala, or equivalent exam with 50% marks in Mathematics or Biology.
- They are required to have obtained a 50% aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together or Biology.
- They are required to pursue a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.