Karnataka Common Entrance Test popularly called as KCET 2018 Medical is a state level exam. It is organized to offer admission into undergraduate Medical and Dental programs in as many as 42 medical colleges and 38 Dental Institutes of Karnataka.
You can fill the application form until February 2018. KCET Medical Exam is organized by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
You would be provided with the rank, based on the ranking of yours in the KCET, counselling would be conducted and admission would be given to the respective colleges. KCET 2018 Medical Exam would be held in the month of April 2018.
KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
You would be eligible for the examination only if you satisfy the following KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- You need to clear Higher Secondary Certificate examination or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually can apply for the examination.
- You need to have secured a minimum total of 50% in Higher Secondary Examination in English, Physics, Chemistry or Biology subjects taken together to apply for the examination (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category)
KCET 2018 Application Form
Those of you who are interested can fill and submit the KCET Medical 2018 application form.
Steps for applying for KCET Medical form are mentioned below:
For Karnataka Students
- You can get the application forms from the participating schools/colleges situated within Karnataka.
- You need to first download the bank challan from KEA website by entering your name, date of birth, category and the name of the bank.
- You need to pay the application fee in any of the respective bank branches.
- The bank would keep a copy of the challan and handover the remaining two copies of the challan to you.
- You have to hand over the challan to the concerned school/college principal to attain the brochure.
For Non-Karnataka Students
- Individuals of Karnataka source residing outside the state of Karnataka including Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadigas and wards of Jammu & Kashmir migrants can obtain the Karnataka CET 2018 application form through speed post.
- You need to send a self-addressed cloth-lined envelope of size 25cm x 30cm along with a demand draft (DD) of Rs 750/- drawn in favour of “The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore.” payable at Bangalore.
- The Karnataka applicants residing outside India can get the brochure cum application form by sending a DD of Rs 5,000/- to KEA.
- You need to write the contents of the envelope in English or Kannada language only.
- You have to send the DD and envelope in a cover and should be boldly super scribed with the words “REQUEST FOR CET-2018 BROCHURE” and should be sent to the address of Executive Director by speed post only.
KCET 2018 Medical Exam Pattern
Below we have listed the KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- The test comprises of 180 multiple choice questions (60 from each section of Biology, Physics and Chemistry)
- Your 1 mark would be added for each correct answer and no marks would be deducted for any wrong answer.
- Duration of each paper is 80 minutes.
- The distribution of subject and question for the exam is as follows.
|Subject||No to question||Marks|
Qualifying Marks: The qualifying mark in the entrance exam for general category individual is 50%, while 40% is for SC, ST and OBC categories. The rank list would be based on the individual’s marks secured in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects in Karnataka Common Entrance Test of Medical 2016.
KCET Medical 2018 Important Dates:
|Official notification will be available on||4th week of December 2017|
|Release of application form||2nd week of January 2018|
|Deadline to submit the application form||3rd week of February 2018|
|Admit card will be available from||3rd week of March 2018|
|KCET 2018 will be held on:
Paper-1 (Physics and Chemistry)
Paper-2 (Mathematics / Biology)
|18th April 2018
19th April 2018
|Date for Kannada Language Test||20th Apr il2018|
|Schedule for Special Category Certificate will be issued on||April 2018|
|Document verification of Agriculturist will be done on||May 2018|
|Practical exam for Agriculturist Quota will be done on||May 2018|
|Answer key will release in||1st week of May 2018|
|Deadline to challenge the answer key||2nd week of May 2018|
|Announcement of result||4th week of May 2018|