The eligibility criteria of the KCET 2018 for all the aspiring candidates is regulated and determined by the Karnataka Examination Authority. The key elements that are included in the KCET 2018 eligibility are namely, qualifying the examination, domicile, category, subject combination, citizenship requirements and so on. The aspirants who ought to step into KCET need to ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria altogether. The ineligible candidates are not at all allowed to either apply or fill the application form. It is the responsibility on the part of all the applicants to go through the KCET eligibility criteria before landing up on any kind of decision, as there is a wide difference between appearing in the test and passing from the eligibility criteria. The article below is of immense help to the candidates thus, elaborating the required information about the KCET eligibility criteria 2018 that you want to count on. Students can refer to the below table to gain information about the KCET eligibility criteria 2018 and other information related to the same.
|S.No.||Informative Table About KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)|
|1||Examination name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|3||Examination Type||State level|
|4||Examination Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|5||Examination conducting authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|6||Participating Institutes||220 Government colleges/ private aided/ private un-aided/ Universities of Karnataka|
|7||Purpose||Admission to B.Tech programmes|
|8||Frequency of the exam||Once in a year (Annual)
KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2018: Key Points (Every Applicant Must Encounter)
- An applicant should be the citizen of India.
- She/he should have passed from a reputed and popular institution situated in Karnataka.
- The candidate should have appeared in / passed from either SSLC (10th standard) or 2nd PUC (12th standard) exams from Karnataka itself.
KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria – The Criteria of Eligibility for KCET 2018 is the set of conditions that the candidates must fulfil in order to apply for the exam.
The Eligibility Criteria for the exam will be available soon and it will be declared by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
Candidates who want to apply must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
We are providing the detailed terms of the KCET Eligibility Criteria 2018 of the upcoming exam.
Candidates who will not satisfy the terms and conditions mentioned in the eligibility criteria will not be considered in the exam and their application fee will not be refunded. Check the detailed terms of Eligibility Criteria in the below section:
KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria in terms of Nationality:
- Candidates who belong to Karnataka State and others like migrants of Jammu & Kashmir as well as NRI candidates can apply for this exam.
- The Candidates who do not have the citizenship of Karnataka must have to take the permission and registration number from the Medical/Dental Council of India.
Eligibility Criteria in terms of AGE:
- Candidates should be of 17 years until the December 31 of the academic year of the admission as per the norms of the KCET Eligibility Criteria 2018.
- The age relaxation of 3 to 4 years will be provided to the reserved category candidates.
Eligibility Criteria in terms of Qualification:
- To be eligible under the KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, the candidates must have the secondary class certificate from any of the recognized school of Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the required subjects. Further, the minimum percentile required is 50% for the General Category candidates.
- The candidates of OBC/SC/ST will get the relaxation in terms of minimum percentile in terms of marks of the secondary class i.e. requires only 40% marks for applying for the exam.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their higher secondary examination can also apply for this exam and they should submit all the required documents until the date specified by the KEA.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the required subjects in order to be eligible under the Criteria of Eligibility for KCET 2018.
The Eligibility Criteria provided here is completely verified and candidates should follow it carefully in order to apply for the exam.
The rejection of the application of the candidate can be possible if any discrepancy will be found in the eligibility of the candidate.
The Eligibility Criteria that is available here is based on the previous year information as the notification for the year of 2018 has not been released yet.
When the notification will be released, all the necessary updates will be available here so candidates are advised to keep in touch.
The Important Dates for KCET 2018
Some of the important dates regarding the KCET have been declared by the KEA for all the aspiring candidates who wish to appear in the exam in 2018. The dates include the date of the application form, admit card, counseling, seat allotment procedure and many others. Candidates can refer the below mentioned table so that they get a good idea for the same.
|S.No.||Event Names||Dates of the Events|
|1||Notifications for KCET’2018||November 8, 2017|
|2||Availability of online KCET application form||February 1, 2018|
|3||Extended dates of KCET 2018 application form||March 15 to 22, 2018 (Till 5. 30 pm)|
|4||Extended dates of KCET 2018 application fee remittance (At the bank) and online||March 15 to 22, 2018 (Till 5.30 pm)
|5||KCET 2018 application correction||March 27-31, 2018|
|6||Availability of KCET 2018 admit card||From April 6 to 15, 2018 (Released)|
|7||KCET 2018 exam- Mathematics|| April 18, 2018 (Biology – 10:30 am to 11:50 am)
(Mathematics- 2:30 p.m to 3:50 p.m)
|8||KCET 2018 exam- Physics & Chemistry||April 19, 2018 (Physics- 10:30 a.m to 11:50 a.m)
(Chemistry-2:30 p.m to 3:50 p.m)
|9||Kannada Language Test in Bangalore (only for Horanadu, Gadinadu and Kannadiga candidates)||April 20, 2018|
|10||KCET 2018 provisional answer key availability||April 24, 2018|
|11||Announcement of KCET 2018 result||June 1, 2018|
|12||Counselling & verification of documents for KCET 2018||June 5, 2018|
|13||Seat Allotment of KCET 2018||July 2018|