Table of Content
The Karnataka State Police has declared numerous job vacancies for the post ACP/DSP. The candidates can apply online and the selection process includes Karnataka police Endurance Test, Written Test, Viva and Physical Ability Test. So it’s time for eligible applicants to grab the excellent opportunity in Karnataka police recruitment 2016.
Karnataka Police recruitment 2016
The Karnataka state founded on 1st November 1956 located in south- west region of India. Earlier this state was recognized as State of Mysore and in 1973 its name changed to Karnataka. Considering its inhabitants, Karnataka comes at 8th position. The Karnataka Police force is guided by Director General of Police. The management of District Police lies in the hands of Superintendent of Police and Commissioner of Police leads the Police Administration in Bangalore city. The IGP (Inspector General of Police) controls the groups of districts under one range. There are 3 to 6 districts which come under one range and Superintendent of Police guides each district. There are 6 Ranges as follows:
- Bangalore as central range
- Mangalore as western range
- Mysore as southern range
- Davangere as eastern range
- Gulbarga as north eastern range
- Belgaum as northern range
Karnataka Police ACP/DSP recruitment 2016
The recruitments of State Police Services are in control of State Government. The applicants chosen for State Police Services are given ranks of ACP or DSP and many more. The Karnataka Government organizes exam under State Public Service Commission. This examination pattern is based on the same pattern of IPS (Indian Police Service). The State Police Officer is separated into 2 categories: * Gazette Officers & Non- Gazette Officers. These 2 posts come under Gazette Officers. KPSC (Karnataka Public Service Commission) recruitment declared 440 posts of Gazette Officers having vacancies of 55 posts for ACP and 38 posts of DSP.
Karnataka Police ACP/DSP recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- For male Candidate/female candidate age limit is between 21 years to 35 years(age relaxation norms as per government rules)
- Candidates are to mentally, physically and medically sound.
- Applicants must have done PG Degree from documented University/Board.
Karnataka Police ACP/DSP recruitment 2016 Selection Process
The Karnataka Police selection process of these posts includes of written test, personal interview in different stages. This involves:
- Mains Examination
- Preliminary Examination
- Personal Interview
Number of Attempts:
- For GEN: There would be 4 attempts
- For Other Backward Class: There would be 7 attempts
- For Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe: There would be no limit.