Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering which is also popularly known as the Karnataka Common Entrance Test thats conducted by the Karnataka Examination authority for the admission of candidates like you into various Medical and Dental Colleges of the Karnataka State. You will be able to apply for the exam once the official notification is released. We have provided all the details below regarding the notification that are released till the counseling process to make the process easier for you.
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria will help you to understand if you can give the exam. KCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria are the terms and conditions defined by the Karnataka Examination Authority for those candidates like you who want to apply for the exam. For successfully applying for the exam, you are advised to follow the eligibility criteria of the exam carefully. You can check the detailed eligibility criteria of the exam in the below section.
Nationality Eligibility Criteria:
Those of you from the Karnataka as well as Jammu Kashmir and NRI candidates can apply for the exam and the NRI Candidates require the permission of Medical/Dental Council of India.
You have to be 17 years till December 31 of the academic year and special category candidates would get age relaxation of 3 to 4 years.
You must have qualified the Class XII Exam or any other equivalent exam from the recognized Board with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Medical) or Math (Engineering).
The eligibility criteria for the exam of KCET 2017 requires the candidates of General Category to have secured at least 50%, for the SC/ST/OBC the minimum qualifying marks are 40% and if you are currently in the final year then too you can apply for the exam.
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted for admissions in various undergraduate engineering programs in the State colleges of the Karnataka.
The Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Exam Paper Pattern will contain the MCQs and will be multiple objective type questions carrying equal marks and the exam will be conducted in offline mode. So you would have to carry a Black Ball Point Pen to answer the questions in the exam.
Pattern of KCET 2017 is as below:
- No Negative Marking will be there. Each RIGHT answer will fetch ONE mark. There will be NO negative marking.
- The exam will be conducted in the Offline mode only at various exam centers across the nation.
- The exam total duration will be of 80 minutes.
- The sections in the KCET 2017: Physics, Chemistry, Math and Biology.
- There will be total 180 questions.
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Application Form
Post finding out that you are eligible the next step is to fill out the Karnataka CET 2017 Application form.The Application Form of the KCET Exam 2017 will be available in Online Mode. In the Online Mode, the application form will be available on the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority. You should keep the scanned photograph and scanned signature for uploading. Steps to fill the exam application form are as below:
Step 1 : You have to Go on the official website and select the link on the official website of KEA i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
Step 2 : You then have to click on the New user registration on the official website and provide all the required information as mentioned below:
Date of Birth
Email ID etc
Step 3 : The Application Number and User id will be sent on your registered e-mail id or on the registered contact numbers .
Step 4 : You can then login with the help of your application number and password generated.
Step 5 : You will then have to fill in your Information as per the fields provided.
Step 6 : You then have to click on the Save and Next after filling all the required information.
Step 7 : Then you would have to upload the scanned images of your Photograph, signature, parents’ signature and your Left Hand Thumb Impression. Press the ‘save and next’ button to proceed.
Step 1 : You have to pay the application form fee in any of the branches of Central or Axis or Indian or State Bank of Mysore or Syndicate Bank.
Step 2 : You have to get the form signed by the Head of Institution or the Principal of the school or college you have studied 2nd PSU or 12th Standard or equivalent.
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Admit Card
- The exam Admit Card will be available in the 2nd week of the month of May, 2017 before the commencement of the exam.
- The Admit Card will be available of the Official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- You will be able to download the admit card when it will be available on the official website.
- If you are not able to download the admit card from the official website then you can get the admit card before the exam by reaching at the examination center before the time of the exam.
- We will also host the link to download the admit card of KCET 2017 that you can easily access.
The Important dates regarding the Exam of KCET 2017 are available in the table below:
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Exam Dates
|KCET 2017 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Karnataka CET 2017 online form submission||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last Date for online form submission||February 13, 2017|
|Last Date to Karnataka CET 2017 Application Fee in Specified Banks||2nd week of February 2017|
|Downloading of Karnataka CET 2017 Hall Ticket||3rd week of April 2017|
|Karnataka CET 2017 Exam Date||Biology & Mathematics – 2nd May 2017
Physics & Chemistry – 3rd May 2017
Kannada Language Test (only in Bangalore) – 4th May 2017
|Publication of provisional answer key||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Karnataka CET 2017 Result Declaration||1st week of June, 2017|
|Download and Printout of Applications||1st week of June, 2017|
|Karnataka CET 2017 Counselling||1st week of June, 2017 onwards|
The Notification of the final exam will be available soon. You should follow the important dates and exam schedule to be on the track and it is very much important for the candidates who will apply for the exam.
Note: As the official notification regarding the exam has not been released yet so the important dates provided here are tentative.
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Result
- The Exam Results will be declared after the commencement of the examination as soon as the official notification has been released.
- The result of the Entrance Exam of KCET 2017 will be available on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority.
- You will be able to check your result by entering your application number and date of birth as the required information.
- The link to check the result will also be available here when the result of the exam will be available.
Karnataka CET 2017 Engineering Preparation Tips
- You should choose the study material carefully because right study material helps you to make the efforts in the right direction.
- As the exam pattern and syllabus of this common entrance test is based upon the 12th standard then you can refer the books for your preparation.
- The previous year paper and sample papers help you to understand the pattern of the KCET Exam 2017.
- You can get to know your weaker sections by continuous practicing on the sample papers and practice sets.
- The Sample Papers and Practice sets provide the ability of the Time Management to candidates preparing for the exam.
- You can refer the previous year papers of KCET 2017 provided by us which are prepared by Experts and completely analyzed.
Other UG State Level Engineering Entrance Exams
|Assam CEE 2017||GCET 2017|
|Bihar CET 2017||GUJCET 2017|
|CG PET 2017||Haryana Admission 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017||JCECE 2017|
|EAMCET 2017||KCET 2017|