UGC NET Eligibility criteria 2019 – UGC NET acronym of University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the position of Assistant professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Universities and Colleges of India. UGC NET 2019 is conducted twice a year by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) through online mode only. Only those candidates can successfully fill the UGC NET Application form 2019 that will fulfill the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019. If any candidate found ineligible during the process his/her candidature will be canceled by the official authority itself. The official notification for the January 2019 session will be released by September 2018. The highlights of the examination are as follows:
|Name of the Examination||UGC NET (University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test)|
|Exam Conducting Body||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (Paper 1- 1 hour, Paper 2- 2 hours)|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Educational qualification||Master’s Degree with a minimum score of 55%|
|Mode of UGC NET Application form 2019||Online|
|Helpdesk||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +91 7042399520|
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019: Age Limit
- For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), maximum age limit is 30 years of age as on 1st January 2019.
- No age limit is set for the assistant professor.
- Relaxation to reserved categories (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PWD and women category) is provided up to 5 years of age.
- Relaxation will be provided to research experience and 2 years LLM Degree holders.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019: Educational Qualification
- Applying candidate should hold the Master’s degree or equivalent degree from a recognized university by UGC with aggregate 55% for general categories and 50% for the reserved categories.
- D candidates can also apply for the same.
- Candidates who are in final year of Master degree can also apply.
- Relaxation of 5% will be provided to Ph.D. degree holders. Candidates of Ph.D. degree should have completed their Master degree by 19 September 1991.
Exemption for Assistant Professor Eligibility
There are certain exemptions in eligibility of Assistant Professor.
For the position of Assistant professor, NET/SET/SLET will be the qualifying examination.
Those candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR JRF exam prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the examination.
For SET Candidates: Those candidates who have qualified the SET held prior to 1st June 2002 are exempted to appear in NET. These candidates can apply for Assistant professor from across India. Those who have cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) can apply for Assistant Professor only in the Universities or Colleges situated in a state from where they have cleared the SET.
UGC NET Application form 2019
UGC NET Application form 2019 will be released by the official authority through online mode only on the official website from the first week of March 2019. The last date to fill the application form will be second week of April 2019. Candidates have to fill the application form successfully in order to pursue the UGC NET 2019. In order to fill the application form candidates are required to insert their personal information like name, fathers name, mothers name, date of birth etc. and have to upload the scanned photograph and signature.
The UGC NET Application fee 2019 will be different for different categories. For general category, the application fee will be Rs. 1000/-. For OBC NCL the application fee will be Rs.500/- and for the scheduled tribes, scheduled caste and personal with disability will be Rs.250/-.
After having the full information about the UGC NET Eligibility criteria 2019 and UGC NET application form 2019 candidate is all set to start preparing for the exam. We wish you all a great luck.