UGC NET Application Form 2019 – If lecturership is your passion and you want to make it as your career, then you can take one step closer to your dream just by filling UGC NET Application Form 2019. And this step will help you in achieving your dreams but you have worked really harder to fulfill it because there are lakhs of people who are preparing for this exam. If you are new to this field, then do not worry, here the full information about this exam is provided, so stay here with us. University Grants Commission’s National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is an online national level exam which is conducted once every year since 1989-90 in both Hindi and English Language by National Testing Agency on behalf of University Grants Commission for testing the eligibility of candidates for the post of Assistant Professor, Junior Research Fellowship for Indian colleges and universities. Earlier UGC NET exam was also conducted by CBSE in an Offline mode but from now onwards as per the press release by the Indian government, it is concluded that this exam is only going to be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) only in Online mode. This article will help you in knowing about from where to and how to fill the application form, documents needed, eligibility criteria, application fee, etc.
Important Dates (Tentative) Regarding UGC NET Application Form 2019
|Official Notification To Be Released||In The Month Of September 2019|
|Online Application Will Be Available||1st Week Of September 2019|
|Closing Date Of UGC NET Application Form 2019||Last Week Of September 2019|
Process of Filling UGC NET Application Form 2019
After Indian government has made their press release out, there is only one way of filling the application form and that is Online Mode.
- Firstly, you have to check whether basic things i.e. valid and working email id, working mobile number, scanned copies of applicant’s signature and photograph etc are present with you or not, if not then arrange all of these as it is important while filling the form.
- Then visit their official website and you can see UGC NET 2019 application form will be available there.
- After opening the application form, you have to fill all of your personal details i.e. Name, Permanent Address, Mobile Number etc, and educational details i.e. Graduation Subject, University, Year, Marks etc.
- After completion of this step, you have to insert scanned copies of photograph and signature in a required format (i.e. mentioned below).
- The final step of this process is that you have to pay the application fee online through any of the modes i.e. Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking/ Mobile Wallets etc, now submit this form and take out one print out of this form and keep it with yourself.
Documents to have While Filling Application Form
There are only 2 documents that you should have with yourself while filling UGC NET Application Form 2019 are:-
- Scanned Photograph (clicked with a white or clear background).
- Scanned Signature (done in small letters with black ink pen).
Format and Size of Documents To Be Used
|Photograph||JPG||3.5cm (width) × 4.5cm (height)||4 KB-40 KB|
|Signature||JPG||3.5cm (width) × 1.5cm (height)||4 KB-30 KB|
Application Fee of UGC NET Application Form 2019
You can pay the application fee online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking/ Mobile Wallets etc. Brief differentiation of application fee for the different category is mentioned in the table below:
|Category||Application Form Fee|
Is It Possible To Do Correction In Application Form After Final Submission?
No, it is not possible to do correction in UGC NET Application Form 2019 after submitting it, you have to fill and submit a new application along with the full application fee of your respective category because there is no clause of any Refund policy.
Eligibility Criteria of Appearing In NET Exam
Before submitting UGC NET Application Form 2019, an applicant should be aware that whether he/she is eligible for this exam or not. And you can know it by going through the important points mentioned below:-
- An applicant must be maximum of 30 years of age on 1st January 2020, if they want to apply for the junior research fellowship post as well as there is 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC/ Transgender category applicants.
- There is one good news for applicants that who wants to apply for Assistant Professor post there is no maximum age applicable, they can apply for this post irrespective of their age.
- An applicant must have done masters or post graduation in Commerce/ Science/ Arts from any recognized university with a minimum 55% of marks for general category and there is a relaxation of 5% i.e. 50% of total marks for OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender category.
- If an applicant has completed their Ph.D. degree before September 19th, 1992 then they will be eligible for 5% relaxation in minimum marks required for qualifying the exam.
Stay tuned to this page to remain updated about the latest information.