UGC NET 2019 – NTA has released UGC Admit card 2019 for the June Session on 27 May 2019. The admit card for UGC NET 2019 is released on the official website of UGC NET. The registered candidates can download their hall ticket from the official website directly or by clicking a link given on this page. Candidates who wish to appear in UGC NET 2019 had to submit the application form before 30 March 2019. National Testing Agency (NTA) has released UGC NET Application form 2019 on their official website. The authority has released an official notification which carries all the information about the examination. NTA is the main body that takes account of conducting UGC NET 2019 exam twice a year. The application for UGC NET 2019 can be accessed on the official website NTA from 1 March 2019. The authority will entertain correction in the application form 7 April 2019 to 14 April 2019. The application fee will be accepted till 1 April 2019. UGC NET Examination will commence on 20 June, 21 June, 24 June, 25 June, 26 June, 27 June, 28 June 2019. Interested candidates can download the Notification which has been released on the official website and can check their eligibility. This exam is organized for Indian citizens to pursue the programs of the Junior Research Fellowship or Assistant Professor. The score obtained by the applicants in this exam can be used for research by the Junior Research Fellowship honourees from various reputed institutes of the country like IITs etc. Through this exam, the applicants will be able to apply for the post of Assistant professor in various institutes and universities across India.
Go through the content of this article to learn everything about UGC NET 2019.
Latest Update: National Testing Agency has released the UGC NET Admit Card 2019 on 27 May 2019, download the same through the link given below:
UGC NET 2019: Notification (Released)
NTA or National testing Agency is the exam conducting body of UGC NET that takes the onus of publishing the official notification of UGC NET 2019. The interested applicants will have to go to the NTA website and get the access of the UGC NET notification in PDF format. The authority has released the official notification on the official website. UGC NET exam is organized for the programs of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship. After the release of notification, the official authority has released the application form from 1 March 2019 which will be available till 30 March 2019.
UGC NET 2019 exam contains two papers and the candidates need to score as per the cut off in order to qualify for this exam successfully. To enjoy the JRF and research programs, the candidates need to be selected in the written test. NTA will release the final list of the selected candidates on 15 July 2019 and examination will be conducted on 20 June, 21 June, 24 June, 25 June, 26 June, 27 June, 28 June 2019.
UGC NET 2019: Important Dates (Released)
The candidates should know about the significant events pertaining to UGC NET 2019 and their schedule in order to get the idea of when the events will happen. The table given below contains the events and important dates:
|Announcement of official notification||4 February 2019|
|Release of UGC NET 2019 application form online||1 March 2019|
|Deadline for UGC NET 2019 application submission||30 March 2019|
|Correction in UGC NET Application form||7 April 2019- 14 April 2019|
|Admit card issuance||27 May 2019|
|UGC NET 2019 examination||20 June, 21 June, 24 June, 25 June, 26 June, 27 June, 28 June 2019 (daily two shifts on Saturdays and Sundays)|
|Result announcement||15 July 2019|
UGC NET Application Form 2019
The applicants who are eligible to apply for UGC NET 2019 exam need to go to the website of NTA to access the application form online. Read the below-given instructions about the application form for UGC NET exam:
- The candidates need to go to the official portal of NTA to fill the Application Form via online mode.
- The availability of the form has been made available online from 1st March 2019 and the candidates will have to submit the online application for UGC NET exam 2019 before 30 March 2019.
- The details in the application form should be filled completely and accurately without any error.
- The candidates need to upload the images of signature and photograph as per the specifications are given by NTA.
- The fee payment will be the last step after which the applicants can submit the application form online and take the hard copy of the confirmation page.
- Note that after the online submission of the form, if the candidate has done any mistake then he/she will be able to edit the information till the authority opens up the correction window for a week’s time i.e. from 7 April 2019 to 14 April 2019.
- No need to send the hard copy of the confirmation page to the authority.
UGC NET Application Fee 2019: Details
- The candidates can make the payment of the UGC NET application fee via debit card or credit card or e-challan.
- Application fee can be submitted by the candidate till 1 April 2019.
- The candidates need to remember the fact that the amount of application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable in all circumstances.
|OBC (NCL)||Rs. 500/-|
|SC, ST or PWD||Rs. 250/-|
Note– The fee may vary. Stay tuned to this page to know exact fee details once the notification is published.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019 for the programs of JRF and Assistant professor are mentioned below:
- In the case of Junior Research Fellowship, the maximum age of the candidates should be 30 years as on January 1, 2020.
- There will be no restriction on age for Assistant Professor.
- There will be a relaxation of 5 years in the maximum age of the candidates who fall under the category of SC, PWD, OBC-NCL, ST, and females.
- The relaxation of 3 years will be granted to the candidates who possess LLM degree and have research experience.
- The applicants need to carry the Master’s degree or other equivalent degrees from the college or university that is recognized by UGC. Those who have done Ph.D. are also eligible for UGC NET 2019. Exam.
- The candidates should have obtained the minimum aggregate score of 55% in PG course. This is for the general category candidates. For SC, ST, PWD and other reserved categories, the minimum marks should be 50%.
- Those who are in the final year or semester of the PG course are also eligible to appear in UGC NET exam.
- As far as the relaxation of marks is concerned, the candidates who possess Ph.D. degree ill get the relaxation of 5 years in aggregate score. These applicants need to have completed the PG degree exam by September 19, 1992.
- In the case of Assistant Professors, the criteria for eligibility will be NET, SLET or SET.
- The applicants who have cleared the UGC or CSIR JRF exam before 1990 will be exempted from appearing in this exam.
- In case of SET, the candidates who have passed the SET before 1st June 2003 will be exempted from UGC NET exam. These applicants are allowed to apply for Assistant Professor post anywhere across the country.
- The applicants who have passed the SET after 1st June 2003 will be able to apply for Assistant Professor post only in the colleges and universities that are located in the same region from where they have qualified SET.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019
It is highly recommended by the authority to learn about the UGC NET 2019 exam pattern before starting the preparation for the same. This will help them to better understand the types of questions, time limit, marking scheme, the layout of the papers and much more. UGC NET exam pattern 2019 is given below:
- Mode of exam: The mode of UGC NET exam will be online where the applicants will have to solve the papers on the computer.
- Type of Questions: All the questions in the exam will be Objective or Multiple Choice types.
- Medium of exam: The language of the exam will be Hindi or English and the applicants need to choose the same.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers in the UGC NET 2019 exam.
- Marking Scheme: For every right answer, the candidates will be awarded 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will not be any negative marking for incorrect answers. Thus, the candidates can tick those answers also which they think are a little doubtful.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Time duration|
|Paper I||100||50||1 hour|
|Paper II||200||100||2 hour|
UGC NET Syllabus 2019 (Updated)
The latest syllabus for UGC NET 2019 has been released by the official authority. Below we are furnishing the syllabus of UGC NET 2019. Candidates click on “click here” to download the syllabus as per the subject:
- The questions in Paper I of UGC NET 2019 exam will be general in nature and are asked to evaluate the research or teaching skills of the applicants.
- It is actually designed to assess various skills of the applicants related to reasoning, divergent thinking, comprehension, and general awareness.
Detailed syllabus and PDF are available below:
|Subject code||Subjects||Download here|
|02||Political Science||Click here|
|10||Social Work||Click here|
|11||Defence & Strategic Studies||Click here|
|12||Home Science||Click here|
|14||Public Administration||Click here|
|15||Population Studies||Click here|
|46||Adult Education||Click here|
|47||Physical Education||Click here|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Click here|
|50||Indian Culture||Click here|
|55||Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/ Human Resource Management||Click here|
|59||Library and Information Services||Click here|
|60||Buddhist, Gandhian & Peace Studies||Click here|
|61||Comparative Studies of Religions||Click here|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Click here|
|65||Performing Arts||Click here|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Click here|
|70||Tribal & Regional Language/Literature||Click here|
|71||Folk Literature||Click here|
|72||Comparative Literature||Click here|
|73||Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Nyaya/Sankhya Jyotisha/Navya Jyotisha/Sidhanta Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsana/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Puranotihasa/Agama Madhav Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/||Click here|
|74||Women Studies||Click here|
|79||Visual Arts||Click here|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Click here|
|82||Forensic Science||Click here|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Click here|
|88||Electronic Sciences||Click here|
|89||Environmental Sciences||Click here|
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Click here|
|93||Tourism Administration & Management||Click here|
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
- The authority or UGC will be responsible for issuing the UGC NET 2019 admit card to the candidates on its official website.
- UGC NET 2019 Admit card is published on 27 May 2019.
- To download the admit card, the candidates will have to visit the NTA web portal and access the same through login credentials.
- After downloading, the applicants should check the details carefully and then take the print of the same.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the photo id proof also with the hard copy of the admit card on the examination date.
- The authority will not send the admit card to the communication address of the applicants. They need to get the same from the web portal of UGC only.
- It is mandatory to retain a few copies of the admit card for further use.
- Note that if the candidates fail to provide the above given two documents, the authority will not allow the applicants to enter the examination room and appear for the UGC NET 2019 exam in any case.
UGC NET Exam Time Schedule For (June Session 2019)
|Date | Day||Exam Shift 1||Exam Shift 2|
|20th June Thursday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
|21st June Friday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
|24th June Monday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
|25th June Tuesday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
|26th June Wednesday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
|27th Thursday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
|28th June Friday||9:30 am – 1:00 pm||2:30pm – 6:00pm|
UGC NET Exam Dates And Exam Shift Schedule 2019
|Examination Date||Started From 20 June to 28 June 2019|
|Examination Timing||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Exam Duration||Paper 1 and Paper II 3 Hours|
|Entry in the Exam Hall||7:30 – 8:30|
|Admit cards Checking By Invigilator||9:00 – 9:15|
|Exam Hall Sitting Timing||9:15 am|
|Invigilator Instruction Time||9:15 am – 9:25 am|
|Exam Commencement||9:30 am|
|Paper 1 + Paper II ( 1- 150)||(-)|
UGC NET Answer Key 2019
- Once the candidates will complete the UGC NET 2019 exam, the authority is liable to release the answer key.
- UGC will publish the answer key for all the sections separately.
- In case the applicants feel that the answer key is not appropriate as some of the answers are not correct, they have the right to challenge the OMR Sheet.
- In order to initiate the challenge, the applicants are supposed to make the payment of Rs. 1000/- for every question. The authority will recheck the same at their end and if the applicants win the challenge, the amount of Rs 1000/- will be refunded.
- The authority will then release the rectified answer key for UGC NET 2019.
UGC NET Result 2019
- The authority will announce the result of UGC NET 2019 by 15 July 2019.
- The applicants need to visit the official web portal of UGC and access the result.
- They need to simply mention their application number, date of birth and roll number to get the link.
- The result will contain the roll number of the applicants who will be qualified in the UGC NET 2019 written exam.
- The marks or score of the applicants will be announced after one week of the result.
UGC NET Cut-Off 2019
- In order to qualify the UGC NET 2019 exam, the applicants must obtain the cut-off score as prescribed by the NTA.
- The candidates who will be able to attain the cut off score are eligible for the fellowship.
- NTA is the leading authority to prepare the merit list of the candidates. This merit list will be according to the category of the candidates and the subjects
- Once the result will be announced, the applicants can receive the e-certificates from UGC NET bureau.
|Category||Minimum Marks to be secured or Cut off score|
|SC, PWD, ST or OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||35%||35%||60%|
Points to Remember: UGC NET 2019
- Once the application for UGC NET 2019 will be submitted online, NTA will release the schedule of the correction or rectification and the candidates can avail this facility in making changes to certain fields in the form. Note that the applicants will have to edit the form only when the correction window will be opened online. Once it is closed, the authority will not provide any further correction facility.
- In the case of Junior Research Fellowship, the upper limit of age will be 28 years as on January 1, 2020, and in case of assistant professor; there will be no age bar.
- As per the eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2019, the applicants need to possess the degree of Post Graduation in any stream from some reputed university or institute.
- The candidates can submit the UGC NET application fee via debit or credit card or e-challan.
- It is the mandate to provide the photo id proof and the admit card on the day of UGC NET exam.
- There will be a relaxation of 5 years in age for the applicants who possess the experience in research of the related subject in PG.
- The candidates with LLM degree enjoy the age relaxation of 3 years.
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ’s
- Question: For how much time period the certificate of UGC NET is valid?
- Answer: There will be no time limit for the validity of UGC NET certificate in case of for Assistant Professor or Lectureship. It will be valid forever.
- Question: Is NTA has set any provision of correction facility for the applicants to edit the UGC NET 2019 application form?
- Answer: Yes, there is the clause of the same. The authority will allow the candidates to make changes in the application form of UGC NET online. The window for the same will be opened for seven days only. The applicants will have to make the correction within this time period only. Any candidate who misses this time will not be able to do it later.
- Question: Do the applicants with PGDM degree apply for UGC NET 2019 exam?
- Answer: Yes, the applicants who possess the Post Graduate Diploma from a reputed institute are eligible for UGC Net exam. However, this diploma course needs to be equivalent to the degree of PG from the university or college that is acclaimed by AIU or Association of Indian Universities.
- Question: I have done the course of MA from Political Science. Am I eligible to apply for NET in Public Administration?
- Answer: You will have to appear in UGC NET exam from the subject that you have opted in your PG course. If the list of the subjects in UGC NET will not include the PG subject, the candidates will have to apply with the related subject.
- Question: Is there any mandate to attempt both Papers I and paper II?
- Answer: Yes, the candidates will have to attempt both the papers in UGC NET exam.
- Question: How to access the answer key for UGC NET 2019 written exam?
- Answer: The candidates will have to visit the official website of NTA to get access of the OMR sheet or answer key.
- Question: How do I come to know that I have been selected in UGC NET 2019 exam?
- Answer: The authority of NTA will release the list of qualified candidates on its website. You can see your roll number there to get the qualification status.
This is all about the details related to UGC NET 2019 exam. Hope the aspirants have gained ample information from this article. In case of any doubt, connect with us.