SBI SO 2019: State Bank of India is the main authority that is accountable for organizing SBI SO 2019 exam for the aspirants who wish to join SBI as SO or Specialist Officers. SBI announces the schedule of the events pertaining to SBI SO every year and takes the onus of selecting the candidates on the basis of their performance in written test and interview. The authority evaluates the overall score of the applicants and then releases the result. SBI SO 2019 will be held in the second week of January 2019. The interested candidates need to first read about the eligibility criteria and then proceed to fill the application form that will be available online from the first week of October 2018. The admit card will be issued to the applicants and it will be considered as the hall ticket to get the entry in the examination hall. The mode f the written exam will be online and the candidates who qualify this round will get the chance to appear in the interview where various skills of the candidates will be measured. It will be an honor for the aspirants to achieve the post of SO in a reputable banking unit like SBI, therefore the candidates need to sincerely prepare for the SBI SO 2019 exam and beat it with flying colors.
This article discusses the information related to SBI SO 2019 like events and dates, eligibility requirements, application process, exam pattern, hall ticket issuance, result announcement and certain important tips and books that are necessary for the preparation of this exam.
SBI SO Notification 2019
SBI or State Bank of India is the exam conducting body that is responsible for issuing the notification for SBI SO exam every year on its official website with a motive to pick the competent candidates for SO or Specialist Officers post and recruit them in various branches of SBI. It will publish the SBI SO 2019 notification in the month of September 2018. The candidates need to go to the web portal to access the same.
The recruitment procedure for SBI SO exam contains two stages in which the candidates need to clear the steps of written exam and personal interview in order to achieve the post of SBI SO. The final result will be based on the overall score in both the rounds. The final result will be announced once the written test and the interview will be over.
SBI SO Important Dates 2019 (Tentative)
The candidates who are willing to apply for SBI SO 2019 exam need to check the schedule of the events like application form submission date, fee payment date, admit card availability, examination date and much more. The details of the SBI SO 2019 important dates are mentioned below:
|Release of Notification||September or October 2018|
|Application Form availability online||First week of October 2018|
|End date to submit the application form||October End 2018|
|Deadline for application fee payment||November 2018|
|Issuance of admit card||January 2019|
|SBI SO 2019 examination||Second week of January 2019|
|Announcement of Results||February 2019|
SBI SO Application Form 2019
- The authority will publish the application for SBI SO 2019 exam in the first week of October 2018 and the applicants are supposed to complete the online registration before the end of October 2018.
- In order to get enrolled for SBI SO 2019 exam, the applicants need to go to the website of SBI and access the application form online.
- The applicants need to fill the mandatory fields in the form like personal details, contact information, educational qualification etc and check whether the information is correct or not.
- The application form for SBI SO 2019 will only be available via online mode. The candidates should not expect any other mode of getting the application form.
- After filling the details in the form, the applicants need to upload the signature and the photograph online as per the given format and size.
- Lastly, the applicants need to make the payment of the application fee and submit the form online.
- Note that the changes cannot be made in the form once it is submitted.
Details of Application Fee
- The candidates need to make the payment of the application fee through online mode like internet banking or credit card or debit card.
- If there will be the transaction charges, the candidates will have to bear the same.
|General & OBC NCL||Rs 600/-|
|SC, PwD & ST||Rs 100/-|
SBI SO Eligibility Criteria 2019
It is always suggestible to learn about the SBO SO eligibility criteria before applying for this exam. The details of the eligibility requirements are as under:
- The candidates need to be the Citizen of India.
- The applicants who are NRI and OCI will not be able to apply for SBI SO 2019.
- The minimum age of the candidates needs to be 21 years and the maximum age needs to be 30 years according to the post.
- For reserved category aspirants, the relaxation of 10 years will be given in upper age limit, that is, the applicants can have the maximum age of 40 years.
The educational requirements of the candidates are mentioned below for different posts:
Post of Developer, Test Lead and Tester
- Degree of Graduation in the stream of engineering from the college or university that is recognized by the government
- The candidates need to possess relevant experience in IT field.
Post of Manager and Assistant Manager (Technician)
- Post Graduation Degree in the field of Statistics, Econometrics or Applied Statistics.
- The minimum experience of 4/1 years is needed for this job role.
Post of Technology Relationship Manager (Tech RMs)
- Degree of Graduation in the stream of Engineering from the reputable University or Institution
- The minimum experience of 8 years is needed in the field of IT Industry or Business.
- The candidates with MBA degree will be given the preference.
Post of Assistant Manager (System)
- The candidates need to possess the degree of B. Tech or B.E in the field of Information Technology or Computer Application or Computer Science or Electronics or Electronics & Instrumentation or Electronics & Telecommunications or Electronics & Communications.
- The applicants need to carry the experience in the field of computer programming from some acclaimed unit or organization.
SBI SO Exam Pattern 2019
- There will be total of 170 questions in the written exam of SBI SO 2019.
- The total number of sections will be four: Reasoning, Professional Knowledge, English language and Quantitative Aptitude.
- In each of the sections of Professional Knowledge and Reasoning, there will be 50 questions
- For the other two sections of Quantitative Aptitude and English Language, there will be 35 questions in each one.
|Sections||Number of questions||Marks||Time|
|Test of Reasoning||50||50||90 minutes|
|Professional Language||50||100||45 minutes|
For the post of Deputy Manager
- The exam paper will contain total 3 sections: English language, Reasoning and Professional Knowledge.
- Total 70 questions will come in the section of Reasoning and 50 questions will come in the sections of Professional Knowledge and English (each).
- The total marks of the paper will be 220.
|Post||Total number of sections||Total number of questions||Time duration|
|Deputy Manager||3||170||135 minutes|
SBI SO Admit Card 2019
- SBI will issue the admit card for SBI SO 2019 exam and the candidates need to bring it in the examination hall.
- The candidates also need to carry the photo identity proof in the examination hall.
- The applicants can easily download and print the admit card from the official web portal of SBI.
- Check the details in the admit card properly and then take the hard copy of the same.
- Retain the same for further use.
SBI SO Result 2019
- The authority will publish the SBI SO result 2019 in the month of February 2019, one month later the conduct of the written exam.
- The candidates need to login on the website of SBI to access the link for SBO SO 2019 result.
- The selected applicants will see their names in the rank list that will also be available online.
- Those who find their names in the merit list will be considered as eligible for the round of Interview.
SBI SO Cut Off 2019
- SBI will decide the cut off marks for SBI SO 2019 exam.
- The applicants who will attain the qualifying marks or the cut off score will have to participate in the process of interview.
- SBI will specify the cut off core for the interview and then prepare the rank list of the candidates.
- The section and category wise cut off (previous year) for the written exam is given below:
|Category||Professional Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English||Reasoning|
SBI SO Selection Process 2019
There will be two stages of selection in SBI SO 2019 exam, one will be the written exam and the other will be the interview. The important details related to the selection procedure are given below:
- The applicants who will qualify the SBI SO 2019 written exam will have to attend the round of interview.
- Once the interview will be conducted, the merit list will be prepared and the selected candidates will be able to join SBI for the post of SO.
- The authority will shortlist the applicants as per their knowledge and skills and the performance in the written exam and interview.
- SBI will decide the qualifying marks for the round of Personal Interview.
Important books pertaining to the preparation of SBI SO 2019
- The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition by R. S. Aggarwal
- Objective General English 22nd Edition by R. S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths 3 Edition by M Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N. K. Singh
- Objective English 4 Edition by Edgar Thorpe
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations 17th Edition by R. S. Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal 1st Edition by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwal
Preparation Tips for SBI SO 2019
- Read about the syllabus and the exam pattern of SBI SO 2019 before preparing for the exam.
- Cover every single topic that is in the syllabus and prepares it well.
- Do not skip the revision as this will help you to remember the things well.
- Practice for the exam with the help of previous year papers and the mock tests that will be available online.
- The speed can be gained if you sincerely do the sample papers and mock tests at home.
- A proper timetable is must to study in an organized manner.
- Make notes of the topics that you think are hard to learn and refer to them at the time of examination.
- Making timetable is not enough if you do not stick to the same.
- Learn time management through mock tests.
- Make your learning interesting by relating your studies with the events and activities.
- Learn the tricks of solving the questions of Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning within the given time.
- Be concerned about your diet and health and do not take much stress of the examination.
Here end the discussion about SBI SO 2019 exam. Hope you get the clarity on it. For any further issue, write to us.