SBI PO 2019: SBI PO 2019: SBI 9State Bank of India conducts SBI PO Exam 2019 to recruit candidates for the position of PO (Probationary Officer and management officer). State bank of India is the government authorized bank. This exam can be a rewarding opportunity for candidates to get an entry in the banking sector. The exam is conducted at National Level. Many candidates wait for this exam and many want to join it eagerly because of the brand value of state bank of India, prestige, and reputation of a PO in SBI. Candidate should satisfy the eligibility criteria set up by the official Authority before applying for the exam. The exam will be conducted online only. There will be three rounds:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personal Interview
All applying candidates will get SBI PO Admit card for preliminary Exam, those who will clear preliminary exam will get Admit card for the Mains examination. Those who will clear the mains examination will face the interview round. Then a merit list will be prepared to shortlist the candidates. Candidates will be selected by Official authority only. Candidates will get full information and process of selection here in this article.
Notification: SBI PO 2019
The conducting body of SBI PO Exam i.e. State Bank of India will release the official notification of SBI PO 2019. All the candidates need to visit the official website to download the notification of exam in PDF format. It is expected to be released in the 3rd week of April 2019. This exam is conducted to recruit the Probationary Officers in different branches of SBI and all its associate banks.
SBI PO is a 3-tier recruitment process wherein a candidate needs to qualify Preliminary and Main Exams (both online), followed by a personal interview by a panel. It is must for an aspirant to qualify all 3 stages to become eligible for the position of SBI PO. The final merit list is prepared according to the performance of examinees in all stages.
Important Dates: SBI PO 2019
The below-mentioned table contains the necessary events related to this exam of SBI PO and their tentative schedule. The applicants are suggested to first read the same and then proceed to apply. This will save them from the last minute hurry. Let’s have a glance on the table given below:
|Release date for online application||Third week of April 2019|
|Last date to apply for SBI PO 2019||Second week of May 2019|
|Admit card issuance for preliminary exam||Third week of June 2019|
|SBI PO preliminary exam 2019||First week of July 2019|
|Announcement of result (prelims)||Second week of July 2019|
|Admit card issuance for main exam||Third week of July 2019|
|SBI PO Main exam 2019||First week of August 2019|
|Result announcement for mains||Third week of August 2019|
|Admit card availability for Interview||First week of September 2019|
|Announcement of final result||First week of November 2019|
SBI PO Application Form 2019
The candidates can get the access of the Application form for SBI PO 2019 exam on its official website once the authority will publish the notification of the important related events and their schedule. In the application form, the candidates need to mention the accurate information like personal details, contact information, educational qualification, experience and other details. Once, the necessary information will be provided, the applicants need to upload the images of signature and photograph online. The candidates must sincerely fill the information in the application form and review the same before submitting the form online. No changes can be made once the application will be saved and submitted by the candidates.
SBI PO Application Fee 2019
After filling the SBI PO 2019 application form, the next step for the candidates will be to deposit the required fee amount. The details for the same are mentioned below:
- All the aspirants who will apply for SBI PO 2019 need to make the payment of the application fee via online mode. There is no other way to submit the fee.
- The candidates can make use of their internet banking facility, credit or debit card to do the payment of the fee.
- Note that the amount of the application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The category wise structure of the application fee is mentioned below:
|SC or ST or XS or PWD||100/- (Only intimation Charges)|
|General & OBC||600/- (Application Fee plus intimation charges)|
Category-wise Details of the Attempts to Appear for SBI PO 2019
|General category||Four attempts|
|General (PWD)||Seven attempts|
|OBC category||Seven attempts|
|OBC (PWD)||Seven attempts|
|SC & ST (PWD)||No restriction|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates are recommended to first go through the eligibility requirements for SBI PO 2019 and then proceed ahead to fill the application form and deposit the fee.
- The age of the candidates should fall between 21 years to 30 years till the date of 1st April 2019.
- The candidates must possess the Graduation degree in any field from some recognized college or university.
- The candidates who will appear in the final year of the Graduation are also allowed to apply for SBI PO 2019.
- For the categories that come under reservation, there will be the age relaxation clause.
SBI PO Selection Criteria 2019
The candidates will have to clear the three rounds of assessment in order to get selected for this exam. These are given below:
- The applicants need to attain qualifying score in the preliminary exam for SBI PO 2019
- The candidates who will be capable enough to beat the prelims of this exam will have to give the main exam.
- Those who will clear both the prelims and the mains will be called by the authority for the round of GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern is mandatory to learn before preparing for SBI PO 2019 exam. This will give the applicants the clear picture of the layout of the paper and the number and types of questions. Also, the duration of the exam and the marking scheme will be known. The candidates are advised to go through the same thoroughly and make a note of it.
- There will be total 100 questions and all will be MCQ type.
- The mode of the preliminary exam will be online.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 60 minutes or 1 hour.
- For every incorrect response, there will be negative marking clause and 0.25 marks will be cut.
|Name of sections||Number of Questions in the sections||Total marks in the section||Time Duration|
|English||30||30||60 minutes for the exam(There will not be any time restriction for every section)|
- There will be a total of 250 questions in the mains and the type will be both objective and descriptive.
- The mode of this exam will be online.
- The candidates will be given a total of 3 hours to complete the main exam paper.
- In case of any incorrect answer, the applicants will have to face the negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General, Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
- This paper will be of the descriptive type where 30 minutes will be given to complete the paper and the marks will be 50.
- The paper will be of English Language that contains the Letter Writing and Essay.
- The applicants are supposed to obtain the qualifying marks in this paper and that will be specified by the bank.
SBI PO Syllabus 2019 (for Objective Type)
Vocabulary, Deriving Conclusions, Spotting Errors, Grammar Correction, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, Paragraph Completion, Antonyms, Cloze Test, Synonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks.
Coding-Decoding, Diagram, Blood Relation, Statements & Assumptions, Direction and Distance, Input & Output, Order and Ranking, Inference, Sitting Arrangement, Puzzle, Machine Input, Data Sufficiency, Inequality, Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series, Syllogism, Statement & Course of Action.
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation/Data Analysis
Simplification, Quadratic Equations, Number series, Area and Volume, Percentage, Probability, Profit and Loss, Permutation and Combination, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Inequality, Average Ratio and Proportion, Mixture and Allegation, Ages, Time and distance, Partnership, Speed, Time and Work, Problems on trains, Boats and Streams, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Pipes and Cisterns, Data Analysis & Data Interpretation (Pie Chart, Language DI, Mix DI, Probability, Table Graph, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Permutation & Combination).
History of computers, Shorty Keys, Input and Output devices, Security and Viruses, Hardware and software, Hacking, Logic gates, Windows operating system, Database Management system, Internet terms and services, Networking and communication, Basic Functionalities of MS-Office, MS-Excel, MS-word, MS-PowerPoint, Modern Day Technology, Computer Abbreviations.
Major Financial & Economic News, Current Affairs ( related National and International events), Banking & Financial Awareness, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who’s Who, Books and Authors, Sports, Important Days, Awards and Honors, Abbreviations, Science (Inventions and Discoveries).
SBI PO 2019 Cut-off
The cut-off will be published once the result of the SBI PO 2019 is out. The cut-off is basically the minimum and maximum score that is needed to qualify for this exam. The table below contains the previous years’ sectional and overall cut off:
Sectional Cut Off (Previous Year)
|Cut Off Score (for General candidates )||10.25||8.75||6.50|
|Cut Off Score (for OBC or SC or PwD or
Overall Cut Off (SBI PO 2017 – Prelims)
Expected Cut off (SBI PO 2019 – Mains)
|Sections||Marks||Cut Off Score|
|Reasoning and Computer
(Economy & Banking)
SBI PO Admit Card 2019
- SBI is the leading authority to manage the events related to SBI PO 2019. The admit card for the prelims, mains and interview will be made available for the applicants online. Only those candidates who will apply successfully for this exam will get the admit card.
- There will be the provision of admit card for every exam like preliminary, main and PI.
- This document is the most important one to carry in the examination hall or place without which the entry of the applicants will be restricted.
- The candidates also need to follow the SBI mandate of carrying one valid photo Id proof with the admit card.
SBI PO Result 2019
- Once the SBI PO 2019 exam will be completed, the authority will declare the result on its official web portal.
- All the candidates need to login to the website of SBI to access the result for SBI PO 2019 exam.
- The candidates will be selected in the rounds of the exam on the grounds of the merit list.
- The criteria for preparing the merit list will depend upon the overall score obtained by the candidates in all the rounds of SBI PO exam 2019.
Tips to prepare for SBI PO 2019
- Read about the syllabus of the objective and descriptive papers.
- Know the exam pattern of the papers and also try to solve the sample papers.
- Make the pragmatic schedule of studies and follow the same on regular basis.
- Gather the study material from the genuine sources.
- Solve the speed tests to gain the accuracy as well as the speed.
Important books for preparation of SBI PO 2019
The applicants must be focused while preparing for the exam of SBI PO 2019 as the paper is not that simple and includes various subjects and topics. Arranging for the study material is the foremost step and the aspirants need to gather the same through the authentic source. The below-mentioned books of some acclaimed authors will be recommended:
- Objective General English by R. S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N. K. Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
For Reasoning Ability
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non- Verbal by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwal
Here end the complete details about SBI PO 2019. In case of any further query, write to us.