SBI PO 2019 – State Bank of India has released the prelims SBI PO 2019 admit card on 18 May 2019. The candidates who have filled the application form can download their admit card on the official website. As per the SBI or SBI Notification 2019, now the countdown for SBI PO Exam 2019 (Preliminary) has started, which is going to take place on 8, 9, 15, and 16 June 2019. The application forms of SBI PO Exam 2019 were available from 2nd April to 22nd April 2019. It is a golden opportunity for all those candidates who wish to nurture their career with government bank like SBI. All interested candidates were required to fill the online SBI PO Application form 2019 from the official website. All those candidates will be able to fill the application form successfully that will fulfill the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019. SBI offers their employees attractive pay scale, medical facilities, bonus facilities and most importantly SBI employees get high brand value. SBI PO 2019 is conducted at National level to recruit candidates across the world. SBI PO 2019 exam will be conducted via online and in three stages:
- Preliminary Examination (8, 9, 15, & 16 June 2019)
- Mains Examination (20 July 2019)
- Personal Interview (September 2019)
Candidates are required to qualify all the three rounds in order to get selected. This article will discuss SBI PO 2019, application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, result and cut off. Check the full article carefully.
Total No of Vacancy
PO (Probationary Officer)
· Gen: 810
· OBC: 540
· SC: 300
· ST: 150
· EWS : 200
To Apply Online
SBI PO Admit Card 2019: Download Here
SBI PO Official Notification 2019: Download Here
Solve Previous year question paper: Click here
Overview of SBI PO 2019
Overview of SBI PO 2019 is given below:
|Name of the Recruitment||SBI PO(State bank of India Probationary officer)|
|Organizing Body||SBI(State bank of India)|
|Position Offered||Probationary officer|
|Level of Examination||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
SBI PO 2019 Bottom of Form: Notification
The conducting body of SBI PO Exam i.e. State Bank of India has released the official notification of SBI PO 2019 on the official website on 2nd April 2019. All the candidates need to visit the official website to download the notification of exam in PDF format or they can find the link in this article to download the same. SBI PO Notification comprises of all the dates of the entire SBI PO 2019 recruitment process. This exam is conducted to recruit the Probationary Officers in different branches of SBI and all its associate banks.
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria completely will be able to submit the application form successfully and can successfully appear in SBI PO 2019. Candidates can check their eligibility in the notification released by the official authority. Notification will carry the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria and steps to apply.
SBI PO is a 3-tier recruitment process wherein a candidate needs to qualify Preliminary and Main Exams (both online), followed by a personal interview by a panel. It is must for an aspirant to qualify all three stages to become eligible for the position of SBI PO. The final merit list is prepared according to the performance of examinees in all stages.
SBI PO 2019 Important Dates
The below-mentioned table contains the necessary events related to this exam of SBI PO and their tentative schedule. The official authority hasn’t announced any official schedule yet, once the official authority will announce the official schedule we will update the same here only. The applicants are suggested to first read the same and then proceed to apply. This will save them from the last minute hurry. Let’s have a glance at the table given below:
Important Dates (tentative)
Release date for online application
2nd April 2019
Last date to apply for SBI PO 2019
22nd April 2019
Admit card issuance for preliminary exam
18 May 2019 onwards
SBI PO preliminary exam 2019
8, 9, 15, & 16 June 2019
Announcement of result (prelims)
1st week of July 2019
Admit card issuance for main exam
2nd week of July 2019
SBI PO Main exam 2019
20th July 2019
Result announcement for mains
Third week of August 2019
Admit card availability for Group Exercises & Interview
Fourth week of August 2019
Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview
Announcement of final result
2nd week of October 2019
Schedule of Pre-exam Traning for SC/ST, Minority Candidates
Download of Call letters for Pre exam training
From 2nd week of May 2019
Pre-exam training conduct
4th Week of May 2019
SBI PO 2019: Number of Vacancies
Candidates can check the number of vacancies offered by the official authority here. We are informing all the candidates that below mentioned vacancies are mentioned in the official notification from the official authority.
|Category||Number of Vacancies (Declared)|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates are recommended to first go through the eligibility requirements for SBI PO 2019 and then proceed ahead to fill the application form and deposit the fee. Only those candidates will be able to fill the application form successfully that will fulfill the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019 completely.
|S. No.||Parameters||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Nationality||Candidates with Indian Nationality are eligible to apply for SBI PO 2019.|
|Candidate can be subject of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet but should satisfy the rules and regulation made by the government of India.|
|Candidate who migrated from Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Vietnam, East American countries of Kenya to India, Burma, Pakistan, United Republic of Tanzania With intension of permanently settling in India.|
|2||Age Limit||Candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years of age.|
|Relaxation will be provided to the candidates belonging to reserved candidates. · SC/ST: 05 years · OBC (NCL): 03 years · PWD: 10 years (general), 15 years (SC/ST), 13 years (OBC) · Ex-Serviceman: 05 years · Candidates with domicile of J&K: 05 years|
|3||Educational Qualification||The candidates must possess a Graduation degree in any field from some recognized college or university.|
|The candidates who will appear in the final year of the Graduation are also allowed to apply for SBI PO 2019.|
SBI PO Application Form 2019
The candidates can get the access of the Application form for SBI PO 2019 exam on its official website since the authority has published the notification of the important related events and their schedule. In the application form, the candidates need to mention accurate information like personal details, contact information, educational qualification, experience, and other details. Once, the necessary information will be provided, the applicants need to upload the images of signature and photograph online. The candidates must sincerely fill the information in the application form and review the same before submitting the form online. No changes can be made once the application will be saved and submitted by the candidates.
How to fill SBI PO Application form 2019?
|Step 1||Visit the official website of State Bank of India as an application form will be available there only: sbi.co.in|
|Step 2||New page will get open up on your computer screens, click on the link “Join.”|
|Step 3||Now, Click on “Click here to apply online for SBI PO” to open the online application form of SBI PO 2019.|
|Step 4||Now look for “Click here for new registration” and click on it.|
|Step 5||A registration page will get open up on your computer screens. Enter the necessary details, like Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Gender, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc. for successful registration. A Registration Number and Password will be generated by the official authority. candidate is required to preserve the generated password.|
|Step 6||Now, use the given credential and login. Enter your Personal, Educational qualification and other details.|
|Step 7||Now, a candidate is required to upload scanned images of your Photograph, Signature and a Hand-written declaration.|
|Step 8||Now, a candidate is required to pay the application fee. Click on “Payment” option and proceed to pay the application fee as per the category.|
|Step 9||Click on “Submit” after completion.|
|Step 10||Take a print out of the SBI PO application form 2019 for future reference.|
SBI PO Application Fee 2019
After filling the SBI PO 2019 application form, the next step for the candidates will be to deposit the required fee amount. The details for the same are mentioned below:
- All the aspirants who will apply for SBI PO 2019 need to make the payment of the application fee via online mode. There is no other way to submit the fee.
- The candidates can make use of their internet banking facility, credit or debit card to do the payment of the fee.
- Note that the amount of the application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The category wise structure of the application fee is mentioned below:
|SC/ST/XS/PWD||125/- (Only intimation Charges)|
|General /OBC/EWS||750/- (Application Fee plus intimation charges)|
Category-wise Details of the Attempts to Appear for SBI PO 2019
|General category||Four attempts|
|General (PWD)||Seven attempts|
|OBC category||Seven attempts|
|OBC (PWD)||Seven attempts|
|SC & ST (PWD)||No restriction|
SBI PO Selection Criteria 2019
The candidates will have to clear the three rounds of assessment in order to get selected for this exam. These are given below:
- The applicants need to attain a qualifying score in the preliminary exam for SBI PO 2019
- The candidates who will be capable enough to beat the prelims of this exam will have to give the main exam.
- Those who will clear both the prelims and the mains will be called by the authority for the round of GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern is mandatory to learn before preparing for SBI PO 2019 exam. This will give the applicants a clear picture of the layout of the paper and the number and types of questions. Also, the duration of the exam and the marking scheme will be known. The candidates are advised to go through the same thoroughly and make a note of it.
- There will be total 100 questions and all will be MCQ type.
- The mode of the preliminary exam will be online.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 60 minutes or 1 hour.
- For every incorrect response, there will be negative marking clause and 0.25 marks will be cut.
|Name of sections||Number of Questions in the sections||Total marks in the section||Time Duration|
|English||30||30||60 minutes for the exam(There will not be any time restriction for every section)|
- There will be a total of 250 questions in the mains and the type will be both objective and descriptive.
- The mode of this exam will be online.
- The candidates will be given a total of 3 hours to complete the main exam paper.
- In case of any incorrect answer, the applicants will have to face the negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General, Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
- This paper will be of the descriptive type where 30 minutes will be given to complete the paper and the marks will be 50.
- The paper will be of the English Language that contains Letter Writing and Essay.
- The applicants are supposed to obtain the qualifying marks in this paper and that will be specified by the bank.
SBI PO Syllabus 2019 (for Objective Type)
|1||English Language||Vocabulary, Deriving Conclusions, Spotting Errors, Grammar Correction, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, Paragraph Completion, Antonyms, Cloze Test, Synonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks.|
|2||Reasoning Ability||Coding-Decoding, Diagram, Blood Relation, Statements & Assumptions, Direction and Distance, Input & Output, Order and Ranking, Inference, Sitting Arrangement, Puzzle, Machine Input, Data Sufficiency, Inequality, Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series, Syllogism, Statement & Course of Action.|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation/Data Analysis||S4implification, Quadratic Equations, Number series, Area and Volume, Percentage, Probability, Profit and Loss, Permutation and Combination, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Inequality, Average Ratio and Proportion, Mixture and Allegation, Ages, Time and distance, Partnership, Speed, Time and Work, Problems on Trains, Boats and Streams, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Pipes and Cisterns, Data Analysis & Data Interpretation (Pie Chart, Language DI, Mix DI, Probability, Table Graph, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Permutation & Combination).|
|4||Computer Knowledge||History of computers, Shorty Keys, Input and Output devices, Security and Viruses, Hardware and software, Hacking, Logic gates, Windows operating system, Database Management system, Internet terms and services, Networking and communication, Basic Functionalities of MS-Office, MS-Excel, MS-word, MS-PowerPoint, Modern Day Technology, Computer Abbreviations.|
|5||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||Major Financial & Economic News, Current Affairs ( related National and International events), Banking & Financial Awareness, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who’s Who, Books and Authors, Sports, Important Days, Awards and Honors, Abbreviations, Science (Inventions and Discoveries).|
SBI PO Cut-off 2019
The cut-off will be published once the result of the SBI PO 2019 is out. The cut-off is basically the minimum and maximum score that is needed to qualify for this exam. The official authority will release SBI PO Cut Off 2019 on the official website via online mode only. Cut Off will be released in PDF format only. Cut off result will carry the qualifying marks required by the candidates to complete the examination successfully. SBI PO cut off will be depending on many factors like number of vacancies, applications received and many more. Candidates are required to tally their marks from the cut off list and identify that they scored the marks required or not. Cut off list will directly depend on the difficulty level of the examination.
SBI PO Cut off 2019 will be released consecutively for each stage of SBI PO 2019. Firstly the official authority will release the cut off list of the preliminary examination. After that depending on the number of candidates successfully qualified prelims and difficulty level of mains examination, the cutoff list of mains examination will be released. Afterward, cut off list for the interview round will be released by the official authority. After the completion of the process of recruitment, a merit list will be prepared by the official authority which will show the successfully selected candidates for the designation of PO.
The table below contains the previous years’ sectional and overall cut off:
Sectional Cut Off (Previous Year)
|Cut Off Score (for General candidates )||10.25||8.75||6.50|
|Cut Off Score (for OBC or SC or PwD or
Overall Cut Off (SBI PO 2017 – Prelims)
Expected Cut off (SBI PO 2019 – Mains)
|Sections||Marks||Cut Off Score|
|Reasoning and Computer
(Economy & Banking)
SBI PO Admit Card 2019
- SBI is the leading authority to manage the events related to SBI PO 2019. The admit card for the prelims, mains and interview will be made available for the applicants online. Only those candidates who will apply successfully for this exam will get the admit card.
- There will be the provision of admit card for every exam like preliminary, main and PI.
- This document is the most important one to carry in the examination hall or place without which the entry of the applicants will be restricted.
- The candidates also need to follow the SBI mandate of carrying one valid photo Id proof with the admit card.
SBI PO Result 2019
- Once the SBI PO 2019 exam will be completed, the authority will declare the result on its official web portal.
- All the candidates need to login to the website of SBI to access the result for SBI PO 2019 exam.
- The candidates will be selected in the rounds of the exam on the grounds of the merit list.
- The criteria for preparing the merit list will depend upon the overall score obtained by the candidates in all the rounds of SBI PO exam 2019.
Tips to prepare for SBI PO 2019
- Read about the syllabus of objective and descriptive papers.
- Know the exam pattern of the papers and also try to solve the sample papers.
- Make the pragmatic schedule of studies and follow the same on a regular basis.
- Gather the study material from genuine sources.
- Solve the speed tests to gain accuracy as well as the speed.
Important books for preparation of SBI PO 2019
The applicants must be focused while preparing for the exam of SBI PO 2019 as the paper is not that simple and includes various subjects and topics. Arranging for the study material is the foremost step and the aspirants need to gather the same through the authentic source. The below-mentioned books of some acclaimed authors will be recommended:
- Objective General English by R. S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N. K. Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
For Reasoning Ability
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non- Verbal by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwal
Here complete details about SBI PO 2019. In case of any further query, write to us