SBI Clerk 2019 – SBI that stands for State Bank of India is the apex body which is responsible for organizing the recruitment process for the position of clerk. SBI organizes this recruitment drive to recruit eligible candidates for the position of clerk. SBI has the largest bank network in India, under the regulation of authorized government body. Every youth wants to nurture their respective career as an employee of SBI and the reason behind this is the brand value, prestige, pay scale and promotion opportunities offered by the authority. Interested candidates who want to appear in SBI Clerk 2019 are required to fill the SBI Application form 2019. The application form will be available on the official website only. Before filling the application form, candidates are advised to check their eligibility under the framed SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019 by the official authority. Those candidates, who will not fulfill the eligibility criteria, will not be able to fill the application form successfully. If any candidate is found ineligible during the process of selection, his/her candidature will be immediately cancelled by the authority. SBI Clerk Application Form 2019 will be released from April 2019 and can be accepted till last week of April 2019. SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 or hall ticket, which will be carrying important information like Date of examination, time and exam centre, will available on the official website before 2-3 weeks of the commencement of the examination.
SBI Clerk 2019 accomplish in three stages that are preliminary, mains and interview round. A candidate needs to complete successfully all three stages in order to get hired. Admit card for all three stages will be released consecutively before the commencement of each examination. Candidates are required to follow the SBI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2019 in order to prepare in right direction.
This article is motivated to make all the pursuing candidates aware of the Notification for SBI Clerk 2019, important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, result, and most importantly the preparation tips.
Notification: SBI Clerk Exam 2019
SBI is the apex body to announce the official notification of SBI Clerk 2019 on its official website. The candidates can simply go to the web portal and download the notification for SBI Clerk 2019 in PDF form. The release date for the same will fall in the month of April 2019.
The purpose of this SBI Clerk 2019 exam is to recruit the Clerks for various branches of SBI and its associates. SBI Clerk exam consists of three stages and these are Prelims, Mains and Interview. The preliminary and Main exam will be online and the Personal Interview will be taken by the panel. The candidates need to clear all the three stages if they wish to be recruited as SBI Clerk.
Important Dates: SBI Clerk 2019
The aspirants must be aware of the events and dates pertaining to the exam of SBI Clerk 2019. The details for the same are mentioned below in tabular form:
|Release of online application for SBI Clerk 2019||April 2019|
|Last date for application submission of SBI Clerk 2019||April 2019|
|Admit card for preliminary exam||May 2019|
|SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam 2019||May 2019|
|Publish of Prelims result||June 2019|
|Admit card availability for Main Exam||June 2019|
|SBI Clerk Main Exam 2019||July 2019|
|Result declaration for main exam||July 2019|
|Admit card for Interview||August 2019|
|SBI Clerk Interview 2019||August 2019|
|Release of Final Result||September 2019|
SBI Clerk Application Form 2019
The SBI Clerk Application Form 2019 will be uploaded by the authority on its official web portal that is the website of State Bank of India. The candidates who wish to apply in this exam need to go to the website and click on the given link for the application form to access the same online. The details on the form should be accurately filled by the candidates and any mistake or error cannot be rectified once the form is submitted. The applicants then have to upload the documents like the scanned image of signature and photograph. The candidates need to review the form once the personal and educational details will be filled and the documents will be uploaded. Any error post submission in the form will not be entertained.
SBI Clerk Application Fee 2019
- For General and OBC candidates, the application fee will be Rs.600/-.
- For SC, ST and PWD applicants, the amount of application fee will be Rs.100/-.
- All the candidates need to pay the application fee for SBI Clerk exam 2019 through online channel and for this, they need to make use of their credit card or debit card or net banking.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
The foremost thing that the aspirants need to do is to verify whether they are eligible to appear for SBI Clerk 2019 exam or not. The below-given details are the requirements that come under the SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019:
- As far as the age restriction is concerned, the applicants who fall under the age of 20 to 28 years will be eligible for this exam.
- The candidates need to possess the degree of Graduation in any field or stream from the reputed college or university.
- The applicants who are in the final year of Bachelor’s degree can also appear in this exam.
- The candidates who belong to the reserved category will get relaxation in the age.
SBO Clerk Exam Pattern 2019
SBI notifies the candidates about the exam pattern of SBI Clerk 2019 through online mode and suggests them to go through it before starting the preparation for the exam. The paper pattern consists of the details like mode of exam, type and number of questions, the time duration for the test, marking scheme and much more. It is mandatory for the candidates to know about such things in advance to stay away from any last minute surprises. The exam pattern for prelims, mains and interview is mentioned below:
Preliminary Exam 2019
- The mode of SBI Clerk Prelims will be online.
- The type of questions in the preliminary exam of SBI Clerk 2019 will be objective or multiple choices.
- There will be total 100 questions in this exam.
- The bank specifies the total scores out of which the marking will be granted and for this exam, the total marks will be 100.
- For each right response, the applicants will be awarded one mark.
- There will be the deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
|Section name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total (60 minutes)||100||100|
Mains Exam 2019
- The main exam of SBI Clerk 2019 will contain total 190 questions.
- All the questions will be of multiple choice type.
- The applicants will be given total time of 2 hours 40 minutes to complete the paper. No extra time will be granted to any of the candidates in any case.
- The question paper will be in the languages of Hindi (except the section of English) and English.
- The main exam paper will be of 200 marks
- If the applicant will give the right answer, he or she will be granted one mark.
- In case the applicants give the wrong answer, they will have to bear the penalty of 0.25 marks as the negative marking.
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General & Financial Awareness||50||50|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||60||60|
- The applicants who will qualify the rounds of Prelims and Mains of SBI Clerk exam can participate in the process of the interview as per the approval from the Government of India.
- In order to appear in the round of interview, it is mandatory for the aspirants to attain the marks that will come under the minimum criteria of qualification
- After the completion of the interview, the final result will be released by SBI and the selected candidates will get the golden chance to join the bank for the post of SBI Clerk.
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019
- SBI will release the SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 for all the rounds of the exam that is prelims, mains, and interview.
- The candidates need to go to the official portal of SBI or State Bank of India to get the access of the admit card link from where they can download the same.
- The applicants are suggested to take the hard copy of SBI Clerk admit card and keep it safe for further use.
SBI Clerk Result 2019
- The candidates need to visit the website of SBI to see the final result for SBI Clerk 2019 exam.
- The candidates need to enter the login details on the login page of SBI and get the access of the link from where the result can be downloaded.
- The candidates who will qualify the Mains of SBI Clerk exam 2019 will have to then appear in the round of Interview.
- Those who will be selected finally after the Interview process will get the opportunity to be recruited as SBI Clerk.
Important books for the preparation of SBI Clerk 2019
Quantitative Aptitude or Mathematics
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma (from Arihant Publications)
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M Tyra (BSC Publications)
- Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey from BSC Publications)
- A Modern Approach To Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- A Mirror Of Common Errors (English & Hindi) by A K Singh
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (from Arihant Publications)
General Awareness & Banking & Marketing
- Banking and Financial Awareness of Kiran Publications
- General Knowledge of Lucent Publication
- Manorama Yearbook 2019
- Objective Marketing Knowledge and Aptitude 2050 + Objective Questions of Kiran publications
- Objective Computer Awareness (Arihant Publications)
- Objective Computer Knowledge and Literacy 3250 + Objective Question (Kiran Publications)
Books that are specific for this exam (Practice Papers)
- Ultimate Guide for SBI & Associates Bank Clerk Prelim and Main Exam (Disha Publishers)
- SBI Clerk Grade Junior Associates (CSS) Preliminary Exam Superfast Practice Mock Test
- State Bank of India (SBI) & Associates Banks Clerical Cadre: Previous Papers & Practice Papers (Solved) (RPH Editorial Board)
Preparation tips for SBI Clerk 2019
- The applicants who aspire to clear the SBI Clerk 2019 exam need to possess the best reading skills in order to gain General knowledge. For this, they need to read magazines and newspapers.
- As practice is the tool that is capable of making you the master of anything, the applicants must practice what they learn and prepare. The revision is required after the preparation of every topic and subject.
- Learn about the complete syllabus of the exam and know what re the subjects and topics that will be included in the paper of prelims and mains. Do not leave even a single topic as given in the syllabus.
- Invest more time on the subjects that you think are a bit tougher and never leave them unread as you never know about the difficulty level of the exam.
- Gather the study material for SBI Clerk exam and always prefer the authentic and genuine sources.
- Try to solve the sample papers and the last year question papers to gain speed and accuracy.
- Instill the sense of confidence while learning and at the time of giving the exam.
- Practice more and more for the accuracy and speed. The candidates can appear for the mock tests that will be available online.
- Read the questions sincerely before jumping into the solution of the same. As there is the scheme of negative marking, never try to solve the doubtful questions.
- Time management is very crucial at the time of examination and the applicants need to learn the same.
- Say no to tension and stress during the examination period as this will lessen your confidence.
- Save the time for the tough questions in the exam and attempt the easiest ones in the beginning. Do not waste or invest time on the difficult part of the paper in the beginning.
- No need to spend the sleepless nights in preparations as this will be quite stressful on the day of the exam.
- Take the best care of your diet and health during the examination time.
This is the complete guide of SBI Clerk 2019. In case of any issue or doubt, write to us.