RBI Officer Grade B 2019- Reserve Bank of India or RBI is the apex bank in the country and acts as the highest authority for banking units and financial institutions. It conducts the exam for RBI Officer Grade B every year depending upon the vacancies. RBI is the leading authority that is responsible for all monetary operations. It takes the onus of handling a wide range of functions like management of currency, controlling the inflation, foreign exchange services and much more. The candidates who wish to apply for RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam can read this article and fetch the necessary details for the same.
Notification: RBI Officer Grade B 2019
RBI is the apex body to organize the RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam. It will publish the notification for the same in the month of May 2019. The candidates can download the notification in PDF form by visiting the website of RBI. This exam is organized with a purpose to recruit the RBI Grade B Officers.
The recruitment process of RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam will consist of two phases of the written test and one round of interview. The applicants need to qualify the rounds to get selected for the post of RBI Officer Grade B.
Important Dates: RBI Officer Grade B 2019
The candidates must be aware of the events related to RBI Officer Grade B 2019 and their schedule as this will help them to avoid any last moment inconvenience. The tentative dates of the events are given below in the table. The candidates are recommended to keep the note of it for further reference.
|Declaration of Official notification||May 2019|
|Availability of application for RBI Officer Grade B 2019||May 2019|
|End date to submit the form||May 2019|
|Submission of the Application fee||May 2019|
|Issuance of admit card (phase -1)||May 2019|
|RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam (Phase I)||June 2019|
|Result declaration for Phase I exam||June 2019|
|Admit card availability for Phase II exam||June 2019|
|RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam (phase II)||July 2019|
|Result declaration for Phase II Exam||July 2019|
|Interview for RBI Officer Grade B 2019||August 2019|
|Declaration of the final result||August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Officer Grade B 2019
Before proceeding to apply for RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam, the aspirants should clear their doubts about the eligibility requirements as set by RBI for this exam. Right from the nationality and age limitations to the educational qualifications, the eligibility criteria mention everything. Let’s discourse about the same in detail:
- The candidates need to be Indian Citizen or of Nepal or Bhutan or PIO (Person of Indian Origin).
- They can be the migrants of the countries like Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan or various East African regions who have permanently settled in India.
- The applicants need to have the degree of Graduation in any stream from the reputed university or college.
- The applicants who are from the General category need to have the minimum aggregate marks of 60% in Graduation and the candidates who come under the reserved category of SC or PWD or ST need to possess the minimum marks of 50%.
- The applicants who are in the category of General need to carry the minimum marks of 60% in class X and XII.
- For the applicants who belong to SC or PWD or ST, categories need to possess the minimum marks of 50% in class X and XII.
- The age of the candidates should fall between 21 years to 30 years
- The applicants who are undergoing Ph.D. & M.Phil should have the minimum age of 32 years and the maximum age of 34 years.
- For the candidates who carry the experience in financial institutions and commercial banks, there will be the relaxation in the upper limit of age. The relaxation in age will be granted as per the experience of the candidates. For these candidates, the upper limit of age will be 33 years.
- The relaxation in age will depend upon the of the candidates to which they belong like:
- The banks’ ex-employees will enjoy the 5 years of age relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen will get the age relaxation of 5 years.
- The candidates with the category of SC and ST get the relaxation of 5 years
- For the applicants of OBC category, relaxation will be 3 years and for the category of Physically Handicapped, it will be of 10 years
- For the Defense Personnel that were disabled on duty, the age relaxation will be 3 years
Note that the candidates can attempt for RBI Officer Grade B 2019 for up to 6 times.
RBI Officer Grade B Registration 2019
For the registration process of RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam, the applicants need to visit the website of RBI and tap on the online registration tab to access the application form. They will have to fill the details like name, date of birth, email address, contact information and much more. Once the registration will be completed online, the system will generate the registration number and the password automatically. The applicants are advised to retain the credentials for any kind of further use. Once the details will be completed, the candidates need to follow the below given steps:
- They will have to proceed with uploading the documents like scanned images of signature and the photograph according to the given specifications.
- The educational qualification details also need to be filled carefully.
- Once the complete information will be provided, the candidates should check the information sincerely and the hit the submit button.
- The candidates will have to make the payment of the application fee.
Application Fee Details
- The application fee for the applicants who come under the general category will be Rs 850/-
- Those who fall under the category of SC or PWD or ST or Ex-Service will have to pay the fee of Rs 1/-.
- There will not be any application fee for RBI staff.
- The candidates can use any of the online channels like debit card, net banking or credit card to deposit the amount of application fee for RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam.
Specifications of Signature and Photograph
- The format of the photograph needs to be in JPEG with the dimensions of 200 x 230 and the Size of 20-50 KB.
- The candidates are advised to upload the signature in the JPEG format and the dimensions of the file should be 140 X 60 and size should be 10-20 KB.
Responsibilities of RBI Grade B Officer
- The candidates must be aware of what they will be going to do after getting the post of RBI Officer Grade B.
- The applicants who will pass the exam of RBI Officer Grade B 2019 need to undergo the period of probation for 2 to 4 years before the confirmed joining.
- The candidates after posting as the RBI Grade B Officer will be accountable for various operations likes keeping inflation in check, managing accounts of central government, issuance of currency and its circulation and much more.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2019
All the aspirants who have applied for RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam should know about the syllabus which includes the subjects and topics that will come in the exam. These are finance and management, General awareness, quantitative aptitude, financial system, financial market, economic and social issues, English etc.
The applicants must go through the topics thoroughly and refer to the books of best authors for preparation. They are advised to make a proper timetable and give the study time for all the topics. They can solve the sample papers to better apprehend the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
There will be two phases of RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam that is Phase I & Phase II. After that, the selected candidates will be called for the round of interview. Phase 1 will be multiple choice type paper and the Phase 2 will be both objective and subjective.
Medium of Exam
RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam will be in the languages of Hindi and English. In the case of Phase II, only the paper of English and two others will be held in both Hindi and English languages.
Mode of Exam
The mode of RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam will be online that is computer-based where the system will be given to the applicants to sole the paper online. There will be two phases of the paper that are mentioned below in detail.
- In Phase I all the questions will be objective or Multiple Choice Type.
- Total 200 questions will be there and each one will be of 1 mark.
- The clause of negative marking will be there. For every wrong answer, there will be the penalty of 0.25 marks.
- The candidates need to finish the paper within 2 hours.
- The applicants will have to attain the sectional minimum marks as set by the authority to qualify this phase of the exam.
Details of the Sections in Phase I
- General Awareness: Total 80 questions will be there of total 80 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: Total 30 questions will be there of total 30 marks
- English Language: Total 30 questions will be there of 30 marks
- Reasoning: Total 60 questions will be there of total 60 marks
- In this phase, the questions will be objective as well as subjective type.
- There will be total of three papers in it and the marks will be 100.
- Total 1.5 hour time will be given to the candidates to complete the paper.
- The third paper consists of three subjects that will be optional and the applicants need to pick any one of them.
- For the paper of Economic and Social Issues, the questions will be objective type and the duration of time will be 90 minutes. Total marks will be 100.
- The English Language paper will be of the Subjective type of total 100 marks and the total time given will be 90 minutes.
- The paper of Finance and Management/ Statistics/Economics will be multiple choice or objective. The marks will be 100 and the time will be 90 minutes.
Sections in Phase II
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- Economic and Social Issues (Paper I)
- English Language (Paper II)
- Finance and Management/ Statistics/ Economics (Paper III)
RBI Officer Grade B Interview Round
- The applicants who will attempt the Phase II of the exam will be invited by RBI for the interview round.
- The total marks for this round will be 50.
- The applicants are allowed to answer in any of the languages from Hindi or English.
- The authority will issue the Phase I and Phase II admit cards in the month of June 2019.
- The applicants are supposed to carry the same on the examination date with one valid photo id proof.
- The authority will declare the result separately for both the phases and then the final list will be released online.
- RBI will announce the results in the month of August 2019.
- The final result of RBI Officer Grade B 2019 will consist of the score of the applicants in written exam and the interview round
RBI Officer Grade B Salary Details
As far as the salary package of the RBI Grade B Officer is concerned, it depends upon the region of posting. The basic monthly salary will be Rs. 35, 000/- monthly. The monthly average in hand salary will be around Rs. 65,000 – 68,000/- initially.
Here end the details about RBI Officer Grade B 2019 exam. For any further query, get in touch with us.