IBPS SO Selection Procedure 2019 – IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts examination to hire graduates with professional knowledge for the position of Specialist Officer in all public sector banks and regional rural banks, except SBI. IBPS has gained its popularity for its recruitment drive. Before applying for the exam, aspirants should be familiar with IBPS SO Selection Procedure 2019. Selection Procedure takes 9 months. Exam takes place in different stage that why it takes a bit longer period. The first stage will be written examination stage. It includes preliminary examination and mains examination. The second stage is interview round. Candidates who will qualify these stages successfully will go further for the documentation round and final allotment round. This article is motivated to describe brief of selection procedure.
SO is responsible for the smooth functioning of the bank. It serves as a great opportunity. Salary structure and Promotion opportunities are the main reason behind attraction of bulk of the candidates. The post offered in SO are:
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
- Law Office (Scale I)
- IT Officer (Scale I)
IBPS SO Selection Procedure 2019
We have already discussed the stages above now let’s study them briefly.
- Online Examination
The very first step is the online examination. The exam will be conducted via online mode (Computer base Test). This exam contains two phases:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- The examination will contain multiple choice questions.
- A total number of questions in the Preliminary examination will be 150 questions and time duration will be 120 minutes.
- For every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will get deducted.
- Online Examination result will be based on the cutoff.
- Cutoff marks will be different for different categories.
- Candidates who will clear this stage will go further for the Interview round.
- Candidate should clear the exam with at least minimum cutoff marks.
- Interview Round
The second stage is interview round; candidates who will successfully complete the online examination IBPS SO 2019 exam will get shortlisted for the interview. In the interview round, skills and confidence in a candidate are required.
- Candidate can download the call letter for the interview round from the official website.
- The banks who have participated and IBPS (Conducting body) will be undertaking the charge of Interview round.
- Interview round will be of 100 marks.
- Candidates should satisfy the cutoff for interview round also.
- Qualification marks are also required for the interview round:
- 40% for General Category
- 35% for Reserved Category
Documentation is also practiced at the time of interview
- Print out of the interview call letter.
- Print out of IBPS SO Application Form 2019. (Advised candidate to preserve it)
- Date of Birth proof.
- All documents of proofs of Educational Qualification.
- In case of the reserved candidate, caste certificate issued by Government of India.
- In case of PWD, Certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- Candidates who are working with government organizations should show No Objection Certificate.
- If the candidate comes under age relaxation then the candidate should have the certificate for the same.
- The candidate who is Ex-Servicemen should have relieved certificate.
- Passport size photograph (two) and PAN card.
Those candidates who will fail to show any document will be given another chance to show them.
- Provisional Allotment
After the Interview round candidates will be shortlisted for the provisional allotment round.
- A merit list will be prepared for shortlisting the candidates.
- If any candidate scores equal marks then the elder candidate will be chosen by the Official authority.
- Allotment will be done on the basis of the number of vacancies and reservation policy.
- Candidate will be posted anywhere in India. No request will be accepted by the officials.
- Final Allotment
The final stage will be Final Allotment. It will be offer letter round. The offer letter will contain the following information:
- Reporting Date
- Training Date
- Document Verification
- Details of Medical Test
IBPS SO Selection Procedure 2019 will be fair and transparent like every year. All the very best for every candidate!