IBPS PO 2019 comes under the category of national level test that will be organized by Institute for Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS with an objective to recruit the competent Management Trainees and Probationary Officers in a wide range of PSUs or public sector banks in the country. The exam for IBPS PO takes place every year and the authority has specified the recruitment process in three rounds. These will be the Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. The exam conducting body will release the application form for IBPS PO 2019 in the month of July 2019 and the interested applicants need to complete the process of online registration before the deadline in the month of August 2019. The candidates need to go to the website of IBPS to get the access to the online application form. The authority will issue the hall ticket or admit card for every stage of the exam and the applicants need to bring the same as the compulsory document with one valid identity proof. The candidates who want to get employed as POs in various PSUs need to prepare well for this exam. It is suggestible to read the eligibility criteria first and then proceed to apply for IBPS PO 2019 exam.
The participating banks in IBPS PO 2019 exam will be Allahabad Bank, Union Bank of India, Canara Bank, UCO Bank, Central Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Vijaya Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, United Bank of India, Andhra Bank, Syndicate Bank, Bank of Baroda, Indian Bank, Corporation Bank, Bank of India, Dena Bank, Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank.
This article is all about the IBPS PO 2019, related dates and events, eligibility requirements, application form filling and submission, deposition of the application fee, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card availability for every round of the exam, result announcement, important tips to prepare well for this exam and much more.
IBPS PO Notification 2019
The official notification of IBPS PO 2019 will be published by IBPS or Institute for Banking Personnel Selection on its official web portal. The aspirants need to visit the website of IBPS to access the exam notification in the format of PDF. The tentative period for the notification release will be in the month of July 2019. This exam is organized by the authority every year for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in various PSUs in India.
IBPS PO comes in tier III recruitment where the applicants will have to clear three stages of selection that are Preliminary exam and Main Exam and the personal interview in order to achieve the post of PO in one of the PSUs in India. The final result will be announced according to the overall score of the candidates in all these stages.
Important Dates related to IBPS PO 2019
The tentative dates of the events related to IBPS PO 2019 are given below as table:
|Release date for IBPS PO Application form 2019 Exam||July to August 2019|
|Last date for IBPS application submission||July to August 2019|
|Admit card availability for IBPS PO Prelims||September 2019|
|Training of Preliminary examination||September 2019|
|Hall ticket issuance for Prelims||September 2019|
|IBPS PO Prelims date||October 2019|
|Result for IBPS PO Prelims||October 2019|
|Admit card for IBPS PO Mains||October 2019|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam 2019||November 2019|
|Result of Mains exam||November 2019|
|Availability of Interview Call letter||December 2019|
|IBPS PO Interview 2019||January 2020|
|Provisional allotment||April 2020|
IBPS PO Application Form 2019
The candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO 2019 as mentioned below can proceed ahead to complete the process of online application form submission via online mode. They need to visit the IBPS portal and initiate the online registration procedure. The login credentials will be generated that the applicants will have to use while login into the IBPS website. The application form will be displayed on the screen once the candidates click on the link given there.
The details need to be mentioned perfectly and accurately in the form. Those who will provide unauthentic data to the authority while filling the IBPS PO application form will have to face the rejection of the application at any stage of the recruitment process.
The applicants are also supposed to upload the signature image and the photograph online at the time of application form filling. Reviewing the form once again before submission is highly recommended so as to avoid any error or mistake. There will not be any clause of making changes in the form after online submission.
IBPS PO Application Fee 2019
After mentioning the details in the IBPS PO 2019 application form, the candidates need to deposit the fee amount as per their category. The details for the same are given as under:
- The candidates who fall under the General category need to deposit the fee of Rs. 600 through online mode.
- Those who are from the category of SC, PwD, and ST will get the relaxation in the application fee and will have to deposit Rs 100.
- All the candidates irrespective of their category need to make the payment through credit card or internet banking or debit card.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
Only those aspirants can apply for IBPS PO 2019 exam that will succeed to fulfill the eligibility criteria as specified by the authority. In case the applicants fill the application form without meeting the below-given requirements, IBPS reserved the right to cancel the application at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The candidates need to be the citizen of India.
- The applicants must have great command on the languages like Hindi, English and other regional languages.
- The age of the candidates must fall between 20 years to 30 years.
- There is the provision of relaxation in age for the candidates who come under the reserved category.
- The applicants must have obtained the degree of Graduation in any field from the recognized and reputable college or university.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019
All the candidates who are aspiring to be recruited as Probationary Officers in Government banks need to prepare hard for the IBPS PO 2019 exam. The foremost thing that is required for preparation is the exam pattern. Without knowing it, the candidates will not be able to make a proper schedule of studies and also will fail to apprehend various parameters like marking scheme, time duration, difficulty level of the exam, types, and number of questions that will come in the exam of IBPS PO 2019 and much more. The IBPS Exam Pattern 2019 for all the three stages of IBPS PO 2019 is given below:
- The mode of the preliminary exam for IBPS PO will be online
- The questions in the exam will be of multiple choice or objective type.
- The applicants will get the total 1 hour or 60 minutes time to complete the paper.
- The medium of the preliminary exam paper will be both English and Hindi.
- There is the penalty clause for incorrect answers. If the applicants give the wrong response, 1/4th mark will be deducted for every question.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||Total time of 1 hour or 60 minutes|
- IBPS PO main exam 2019 will be conducted via online mode.
- The candidates will be allotted the time of 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- There will be total 200 questions in the exam paper.
- The total marks for the mains exam will be 200.
- The medium of the exam paper will be both English and Hindi.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time given for every section||Medium of Exam|
|Reasoning||50||50||40 minutes||Hindi and English|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes||Hindi and English|
|General Awareness (Banking Industry)||40||40||20 minutes||Hindi and English|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes||English|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes||Hindi and English|
The candidates who will clear the rounds of Prelims and Mains can attend the interview which is the final stage of selection. This round will be of 100 marks. Some of the important points about the interview round are as under:
- PI is the final process or step of the IBPS PO 2019 recruitment procedure.
- The candidates will be given the choice to select the centre of the interview.
- The panel of interviewers will assess the candidates on the grounds of their confidence level, communication skills and other General Knowledge related to banking sector.
- The process of Personal Interview will be governed by the participating banks and is formulated by IBPS and the Nodal Bank that is there in all the states.
IBPS PO Admit Card 2019
The admit card for all the rounds of IBPS PO 2019 will be available on the website of the authority and the candidates need to download the same before the last date. The important details about the IBPS PO Admit card 2019 is mentioned below:
- The applicants need to go to the official portal of IBPS and get the link of admit card there.
- They can easily download the same and take the print out.
- Note that the authority will issue three hall tickets, one
- will be of Prelims, second will be of Mains and the third one will be of interview.
- Retain the hard copies of the admit cards for further use.
IBPS PO Result 2019
- The candidates need to visit the official website and access the result of Prelims and Mains from there.
- Do not forget to see the web portal for any updates on IBPS PO 2019.
IBPS PO Cut Off 2019
- Cut off is the minimum score that the applicants need to achieve in order to qualify the IBPS PO 2019 exam, both prelims, and mains.
- The candidates will have to achieve the cut off in all the sections of the preliminary and main exam.
Important books required for preparation of IBPS PO 2019
- Comprehensive Guide for IBPS by Disha Publications
- The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination by Arihant Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- Objective Computer Knowledge and Literacy by Kiran Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude Test For Bank PO by N K Singh (Upkar Publication)
- Target IBPS PO by Disha Publications
- Bank PO Solved Papers for PO and MT from Kiran Publication
- English Language by Wren & Martin
- General Awareness Category – Mahindra Financial And Banking Awareness
- M Tyra for IBPS PO from BSC Publication
Necessary tips to prepare for IBPS PO 2019
- Make a proper planning for studies and strategize the preparations in an organized manner. Without perfect planning and execution, you cannot achieve success in any exam.
- It is highly suggestible to go for subject wise preparation. This will help you to allow the time for all the topics and with this none of the topics will get skipped.
- An appropriate time table is a must. You need to first check the IBPS PO Syllabus 2019 and the pattern of IBPS PO 2019 and then go for making a perfect time table.
- Practice will make you perfect in a particular subject or topic. So try to take out some time for revision also.
- Focus on every subject and never read or study with a burden on your mind. Try to enjoy what you are reading. For instance, if you have to prepare for the section of General Awareness, read newspapers, listen to news channels and discuss with your mates about the topics on current affairs. With this, you will take interest in whatever you study.
- There are various competent books for IBPS PO exam preparation. Gather the study material from these authentic sources.
- You need to give mock tests that are available online and also practice the sample papers and previous year exam papers of IBPS PO.
- For better understanding of all the topics and subjects and to know about the tricks of solving the questions speedily and accurately, you may also join the coaching institutes for IBPS PO.
- Making notes is the best planning and strategy to prepare for any exam. This will help you to save a lot of time during the exam and also to recall the topics.
- Stay away from any stress and do exercise and yoga to calm your brain nerves.
- Take healthy diet and switch to a healthy routine.
This is the complete information about the IBPS PO 2019. Those who feel any doubt regarding this can simply get in touch with us.