The official notification regarding JNU Ph.D. Admissions 2017 is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about the admission procedure of Jawaharlal Nehru University such as its eligibility criteria, application process and exam dates.
JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) was founded in the year 1969 as a public central university and is located in New Delhi. The university has earned a grade of 3.9/4 from NAAC which is the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country and is considered among the top universities in the country. It has a total of 10 schools and 4 special centres which offer UG (BA Hons.), PG (MA, M.Sc, MCA) and many other integrated research courses.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- M.Tech – Ph.D
- You would be able to register yourself for admission into integrated Ph.D and M.Phil./Ph.D. program through online application process which would be available on the official website of the university.
- There would be an application fee of Rs 300/- which needs to be submitted along with completely filled up application through online payment modes like credit/debit card, net banking, etc.
- You can also request for application form to be sent by post along with the prospectus by sending a crossed Demand Draft of Rs.300/- along with self addressed envelope.
- The Demand Draft needs to be drawn in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru University”, payable at New Delhi and the letter must clearly indicate the program of study for which the application form is required.
- Those of you who are natives of Nepal can obtain the application form and prospectus by sending a DD (Demand Draft) of Rs 400/- or equivalent in USD.
- Completely filled in application along with all the copies of all the necessary enclosures need to reach the following address by registered post/ speed post:
The university offers the following integrated Ph.D/ and M.Phil/ Ph.D programs in a number of streams:
JNU Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Application forms available from||08th Feb, 2017|
|Closing of Online Application Process||21st Mar, 2017|
JNU Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|M.PHIL/PH.D IN ARTS AND AESTHETICS|
|Cinema Studies||You need to possess master’s degree in any discipline from a university which is recognized with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|Theatre and Performance Studies|
|PROGRAMMES IN M.PHIL/ PH.D IN INTERNATIONAL STUDIES|
|Latin American Studies||You need to possess a masters degree in history, political science, economics, defence, sociology, international relations and tied up subjects in humanities and social science from this university or any other university which is recognized with a minimum of 50% marks or masters degree in natural science with a minimum of 65% marks.|
|International Legal Studies||You need to possess a 3 year LLB degree after bachelors degree from a university which is recognized with a minimum of 55% marks or MA international law with at least 55% aggregate marks or LLM degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.|
|International Trade and Development||You need to have a masters degree in economics with statistics and mathematics from a university which is recognized by a university with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|International Politics||You need to possess a masters degree in social science or humanities from a university which is recognized and should score a minimum of 50% marks.|
|Disarmament Studies||You need to secure a masters degree in history, political science, geography, economics, defence, sociology, international and area studies from this university with a minimum of 50% marks or a masters degree in humanities and other social sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or masters degree in natural science with a minimum of 65% marks.|
|West European Studies||You need to have a masters degree from a university which is recognized with a minimum of 50% marks.
|Japanese and Korean Studies|
|Russian and East European Studies|
|South Asian Studies|
|South East Asian & Southwest Pacific Studies|
|Central Asian Studies|
|West Asian and North African Studies|
|Sub-Saharan African Studies|
How To Apply for JNU Ph.D. Admissions 2017?
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No. 28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
- 2 self attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or class 12th or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age/date of birth of the candidate
- 2 Self attested copies of the statement of marks gained by the candidate in Senior School or their equivalent examination
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- ST/SC/OBC Certificate, if belonging to ST/SC/OBC category
- A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates certifying nature & percentage of disability issued by the competent medical authority
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/ University last attended.