The official notification regarding Biotechnology admission of JNU M.Sc is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about JNU M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, exam dates and admission procedure.
JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) was founded in the year 1969 is a public central university which is situated in New Delhi. The university has gained a grade of 3.9/4 from NAAC which is the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country and is also considered as the top universities in the country. It has a total of 10 schools and 4 special centres which offer UG (BA Hons), PG (MCA, MA, M.Sc) and many other integrated research courses.
M.Sc. program in Biotechnology is offered by the university through JNU-CEEB (Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology). JNU CEEB is a national level entrance exam which is organized by JNU for admission into M.Sc (Agri.) Biotechnology & MVSc, M.Sc Biotechnology and M.Tech Biotechnology program in a number of universities across India.
JNU M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2017 Important Dates
Start of Online Application Process from
|08th Feb, 2017|
|Closing of Online Application Process||21st Mar, 2017|
JNU M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to possess a bachelors degree with 10+2+3 pattern of education in biological, physical, veterinary, agricultural and fishery sciences, Pharmacy, Technology/Engineering of 4 years B.Sc (Physician Assistant Course) or MBBS or BDS with a minimum of 55% aggregate of marks from a recognized university.
- Those who are going to appear in the qualifying exam mentioned as eligibility would also be considered for appearing in the entrance exam (JNU-CEEB).
How To Apply for JNU M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2017?
- You need to register yourself for JNU-CEEB by attaining application forms through online/ offline (by post) mode.
- You need to enter in all the details correctly and also upload scanned signature and photograph.
- The completely filled up applications need to be submitted along with an examination fee of Rs.1000/-(for general and OBC category) whereas Rs 500/- (for ST/SC/PwD category candidates) by DD (Demand Draft). The DD needs to be drawn in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru University “ and payable at New Delhi. Foreign Nationals need to pay an examination fee of US $ 40.00 or Rs 2640.
- The application fees can be submitted through online payment/ any bank debit or credit card/ through challan to be deposited in any SBI branch.
- The completed applications along with all the enclosures need to reach the given address through registered post/speed post:
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No.28, Administrative Block
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi – 110067
- 2 self attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (class 12th) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age or date of birth of the candidate
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- 2 self attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree /Master’s Degree
- 2 self attested copies of the statement of marks gained by the candidate in Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/ Masters Degree exam etc or their equivalent exam
- ST/SC/OBC Certificate, if belonging to ST/SC/OBC category
- Medical Certificate for PwD Candidates certifying nature & % of disability issued by the competent medical authority
- Migration Certificate (original) from the Head of the University/Institution last attended.
JNU M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission 2017 Reservation
|15% seats||Scheduled Caste (SC)|
|7½% seats||Scheduled Tribe (ST)|
|3% seats||Person with Disability (PwD)|