Table of Content
JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 – The Jawaharlal Nehru University is a Delhi based public central university. In 2012, The University had been awarded a high grade of 3.9 out of 4 by the National Assessment and Accreditation. The JNU PG Entrance Exam is the entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University for admissions to the M.Tech programs. Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria as specified to appear for the exam.
There are a few other universities who also participate in the JNU PG Entrance Exam
For M.Tech (Biotechnology):
- Anna University, Chennai
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala
- West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata
For M.Tech (Computer Science and Technology):
- School of Computer & Systems Sciences, JNU
|JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Combined Entrance Examination by Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Commonly known as||JNU CEE|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For M.TECH (Computer Science and Technology):
Aspirants must have passed any one of these exams:
- Aspirants essentially have passed a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Operational Research or in any branch of Science or Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering with at least 55%.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) with at least a score of 55%.
For M.TECH in Biotechnology:
Aspirants necessarily have passed the qualifying examination in 2014 or thereafter including those who are appearing for the final exams, are eligible to apply.
Aspirants must have passed M.Sc. in any one of the following:
Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry
Microbial Genetics & Bioinformatics
Aspirants must have passed B.E/B.Tech in any one of the following:
JNU PG 2017 Application Process and Fees
Application fees For M.Tech (Computer Science and Technology):
All the General Category Applicants including the OBC sector: Rs. 220/- for 1 subject of study, Rs. 430/- for 2 subjects of study and Rs. 600/- for 3 subjects of study
For all SC/ST/PH/ BPL aspirants: Rs. 110/- for 1 subject of study, Rs. 215/- for 2 subjects of study and Rs. 300/- for 3 subjects of study
Application fees for M.Tech (Biotechnology):
For the General Section Rs 600 and Rs 300 for SC/ST sections
JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Application Form
- Aspirants must use a black ink pen only when filling the Offline JNU PG Entrance Exam Application Form
- The parent’s/guardian’s name, and aspirant’s date of birth should exactly be the same as given in the10th class or first Board/ Pre-University examination certificate, all information updated preferably in capital letters
- Filling the JNU PG Entrance Exam, OMR Application Form: aspirant’s date of birth should exactly be the same as given in the10th class or first Board/Pre-University examination certificate, all information updated preferably in capital letters
The Category Code will be as per the options mentioned in the form, which best describe the aspirant. The exam center, code course details have to be correctly mentioned. For the photograph and signature attachments, the exact dimensions mentioned must be adhered to. The aspirant must sign the declaration at the end of the application form.
Using the envelope supplied with the application form the aspirant has to send the JNU PG Entrance Exam application Forms only by Registered Post/Speed Post to
And send it by Registered Post/Speed Post:
Section Officer (Admissions),
Room No.28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110067.
Note: Aspirants are advised to refold the JNU PG Entrance Exam, application form only where it was originally folded. They are advised to keep an extra copy of the filled in JNU M.Tech Entrance Exam, application form for their reference
The application fees may be paid using any 1 of the most favourable amongst these means
- Cash Deposit in SBI:
Aspirants must fill the online JNU M.Tech Entrance Exam, Application Form and opt for the Cash Deposit at Bank (E Slip option).
They must print the E-Slip of SBI as quickly post filling the details.
They must pay the JNU PG Entrance Exam Application Fees at any branch of SBI only on the next day of printing the E-Slip
The payment status will be mirrored on the JNU website after 48 hours of payment of the JNU PG Entrance Exam, Application Fees.
Applicable additional bank charges of Rs 60 + transaction taxes have to be paid.
- Payment through Debit/Credit Card: Aspirants can pay online using a Debit or Credit card.
SBI Debit Card: Rs 10 + transaction taxes which are additional applicable charges will be payable
Other Debit Cards/ All Credit Cards: Transaction fees + transaction taxes as applicable
- Payment through Internet Banking (SBI): Aspirants can also pay online through Internet Banking (State Bank of India).
Note: Additional bank charges of Rs 10 per transaction + taxes will be applicable
Online Submission of the Application Form aspirants must click on the link to submit the online JNU PG Entrance, Application Form, after filling all the required information.
After successful filling of On-line Application Form, a Confirmation Page is prepared and released for each and every aspirant.The Confirmation Page will bear the entire information as filled in by the aspirant. A Unique Application Number will also be mentioned on the Confirmation Page which the aspirant has to use in all exam related correspondence.
Important: Aspirants are required to take a printout of confirmation page and retain the same for their record.
Note: The JNU PG, Registration number will be allotted at the time of Admit card generation.Aspirants will be able to check their Application Status on the examination website 15 days after applying
JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Exam Pattern
- JNU CEE M.Tech papers is set in a multiple choice objective-type format
- The question paper is distributed into 2 parts and questions will be framed from Intermediate level depending upon the syllabus of each course selected.
- There will be minus marks given for any wrong answer
The results of the exam will be available on the official website of the university.
Aspirants are required to be present the counselling process along with the originals of the certificates and other prescribed documents.
After the consultations and seat allotment, they are required to complete the admission formalities by paying the fees.
JNU Entrance Test preparation tips
- Preparea study time table, keeping core subjects in mind
- Keep sufficient time for solving sample papers, reading exam themed books, solving mock tests and referring to online forums for syllabi related information
- Revise on a regular basis.
- Do not worry
JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Exam Dates
|JNU CEE M.Tech Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start of Issue of JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Online Application Forms||First week of February, 2017|
|Start of issue of offline Application Forms (only by post)||First week of February, 2017|
|Last date for issue of offline Application Forms (only by post)||2nd week of March, 2017|
|Online Application Process closes||3rd week of March, 2017|
|Last date of submission of completed Offline Application Form at JNU||3rd week of March, 2017|
|JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Admit Card||2nd week of May, 2017|
|JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Test Date||3rd week of May, 2017|
|JNU CEE M.Tech 2017 Result||Last week of June, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.