Admissions procedure is one of the most hectic process in a students career life. We are glad to say that the official notification regarding JNU BA (Hons) Admission 2017 is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about JNU BA (Hons) Admission 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, application process and exam dates.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) was founded in the year 1969 is a public central central university which is situated in New Delhi. JBU has earned a grade of 3.9/4 from NAAC the highest grade rewarded to any educational institution in the country and is considered among the top universities in the country. It has a total of 10 school and 4 special centers which offer UG (BA Hons.), PG (MA, MCA, M.Sc) and many other integrated research courses.
JNU BA (Hons) Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Start of Online Application Process from||8th Feb, 2017|
|Closing of Online Application Process||21st Mar, 2017|
JNU BA (Hons) Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to have cleared class 12th or its equivalent examination from this university or any other university which is recognized with at least 45% aggregate of marks (OR)
- Those of you who possess certificates which are issued by madras with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks would also be eligible to apply.
- You need to be 17 years of age as on 1st October 2016.
BA Hons (Lateral Entry):
Eligibility (For all Specializations except German):
You need to possess a bachelors degree or cleared equivalent exam from any recognized university with at least 45% aggregate of marks under 10+2+3 pattern of education.
You need to have cleared the first year of Bachelors degree or an other exam which is recognized equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks under the 10+2+3 pattern of education with adequate proficiency in German.
How To Apply for JNU BA (Hons) Admission 2017
You need to apply either online or offline.
- You need to register yourself for admission to BA (Regular & Lateral Entry) program through online application process which is available on the official website of the university.
- There would be an application fee of Rs 300/- that needs to be submitted along with completely filled up applications through online payment mode such as credit/debit card, net banking, etc.
- You can request for application form to be sent by post along with the prospectus by sending crossed DD (Demand Draft) of Rs 300/- along with self addressed envelope.
- The Demand Draft needs to be drawn in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru University” payable at New Delhi and the letter needs to clearly mention the program of study for which the
- Candidates can also request for application form to be sent by post along with the prospectus by sending Crossed Demand Draft of Rs.300/- along with the self-addressed envelope.
- DD should be drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru University”, payable at New Delhi and the letter should clearly indicate the program of study for which the Application Form is required
- Natives of Nepal can also obtain the prospectus and application form by sending demand draft of amount Rs. 400/- or equivalent in USD
- Duly filled-in applications, in all respects, along with the copies of all the necessary enclosures should reach through registered post/ speed post at the following address:
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No. 28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
- 2 self attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (class 12th) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age on the candidate
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution which you have last attended
- 2 self attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School or their equivalent examination
- ST/SC/OBC Certificate, if belonging to ST/SC/OBC category
- A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates certifying nature & percentage of disability issued by the competent medical authority
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the University/Institution which was last attended.