The JNU Admission 2017 Counselling will begin after the declaration of result, tentatively in the month of July 2017. The candidates will be called on the basis of their scores in the entrance exam and the viva voce. The students have to reach the counselling centre will all the necessary documents, for their counselling.
JNU Admission 2017 Counselling Procedure
The JNU 2017 Counselling will be scheduled after the results are declared. Here we have mentioned the counselling procedure for various programmes:
- Candidates will be called for the counselling process based on the merit list drawn on the basis of written exam and viva-voce.
- The merit list is prepared separately for all the categories.
- The list of shortlisted students is published on the website.
- Candidates have to reach the counselling centre on the given specific date and time.
- Candidates need to carry the counselling letter when they come for counselling.
- All the candidates have to fill their preferences of the colleges in which they want to seek admission.
- Students have to bring the counselling fees and all the necessary documents required for the document verification process.
- After seat allotment, students have to appear at the allotted college to complete the admission process.
- For those candidates, to whom seats are not allotted can participate in the 2nd round for allotment.
JNU Counselling Schedule 2017
The following is the JNU Admission 2017 process schedule that will help you in the procedure and planning
Admission for selected candidates
|B.A. (Hons.) 1stYear||18th – 20th July & 28th – 31st July 2017|
|MA/M.Sc/MCA||21st, 24th & 25th July and 28th July -1st August 2017|
M.Phil./M.Tech./M.P.H., JRF and B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year
|26th, 27th, 28th, 31st July & 1st August 2017|
|Part Time||2nd August 2017 – 4th August 2017|
|Extension Classes/Ph.D||18th July 2017 – 20th July 2017|
|Last date for payment of Fee||1st August 2017|
|Release of 2nd list (if necessary)||2nd August 2017|
|Registration of 2nd list||7th August 2017 – 14th August 2017|
|Last date for admission||14th August 2017|
Documents Required for JNU Admission 2017 Counselling
Candidates are required to bring the original documents along with photocopies at the time of reporting for counselling. The required documents are mentioned below:
- JNU 2017 Admit Card & Score Card.
- 10th& 12th mark sheets.
- Address proof.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Transfer /Migration certificate.
- Graduation certificate (for PG programmes).
- 5-6 colored passport size photographs.
Eligibility Criteria for JNU Counselling 2017
- For M.Phil./Ph.D. – Passed master’s degree with at least 55% marks in the concerned language/subject.
- For MA course – Completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 55% marks.
- For B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year – Qualified the first year of bachelor’s degree or an equivalent examination.
- For B.A.(Hons.) 1st Year -Passed the senior school certificate (10+2) or equivalent examination.