JIPMER PG 2017 stands for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Post Graduate Entrance Exam. It has emerged as one of the top best 5 medical institutes in the country and is assured to become the global giant in the health sector. One of the leading Medical Institutions of India is Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry. JIPMER provides best health care facilities to the community free of cost of all broad specialties and super specialties. It caters to the need of the poor as well as the rich. JIPMER is recognized by MCI as the center of excellence in medical education.
Applications are invited by JIPMER from Resident Indian Nationals including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) for admission to the MD/MS courses in 22 specializations for 1st July 2017 Session. In this article, you would find details on JIPMER PG 2017 (MD / MS) Medical Exams such as its exam dates, application form, syllabus exam pattern and latest news.
|JIPMER PG 2017 Summary|
|Exam Name||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Post Graduate Exam|
|Commonly known as||JIPMER|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
JIPMER PG Result 2017
The result of JIPMER PG 2017 for July session will be declared on May 31, 2017.JIPMER Exam authorities will declare the results through online mode. Students need to download the result by visiting the official site. JIPMER PG 2017 result will be released for those candidates only who will secure a minimum of qualifying marks or percentile in the entrance exam. The qualifying marks or percentile for general category candidate is 50. However, candidates belonging to Schedule Castes, Schedules Tribes andOther Backward Classes including OPH, the minimum qualifying percentile are 40. In respect of Unreserved Orthopedic Physically Challenged (OPH) candidates, 45 shall be the minimum percentile.
JIPMER PG Merit List 2017
JIMPER PG 2017 results will get declared on basis of merit list. All India Rank, marks obtained etc. the merit list will be based on the percentile method.The validity of merit list will only be until the current academic session and cannot be forwarded to the next session.
After checking the score card, they need to check the merit list (All India Ranking). JIMPER exam authorities will declare the list online, candidates need to download the rank list. As colleges declare their own cut-outs, so based on the merit list, candidates will be called for next session of counseling round.
JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling Procedure
JIPMER PG 2017 Counselling will be conducted in three rounds including the open selection round. Qualified candidates will be called in batches as per their reservation roster point. Counseling will be done in offline mode at University Campus at Puducherry. The first round of counseling will be on June 14, 2017, followed by second and third counseling on July 12 and July 24, 2017, respectively.
Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
JIPMER PG 2017 Application Form
Follow are the JIPMER PG Application Form
- Those of you trying to get admission through entrance examination need to apply online through the official website www.jipmer.edu.in which will be available from 27th March to 3rd May 2017. The last date to submit the application form will be 3rd May 2017. Click on “Apply on-line MD/MS admission – July 2017”.
- It is advised to read the prospectus and instructions carefully. You need to fill in all necessary details in the form and make the payment.
- Mode of Payment is only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated challan form in any branch of State Bank of India. You are advised to read the terms properly before starting online registration.
- The application Fee is Rs.1000/- for UR/ OBC/ Sponsored candidates and Rs.800/- for SC /ST/ OPH.
JIPMER PG 2017 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be a resident of India. All overseas citizen of India are also eligible and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian nationals are applicable to them. Proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 needs to be provided at the time of counseling. Nonreliable Indian are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign individuals are required to apply through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Permission is needed from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institutes well as apply for temporary registration for the duration of the postgraduate study.
- MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India should be possessed.
- Also, 12 months of compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th June 2017 is desired. (*Those of you not completing the internship on or before 30th June 2017 need not apply for July 2017 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date will be accepted).
JIPMER PG 2017 Exam Pattern
- The exam is of 250 questions and the time is 3hrs. The answers are to be marked with “HB pencil”, and not with ball point pen. There are no negative markings.
- Questions are mainly clinically oriented (80%). Also, there are considerable questions from Medicine Surgery Gyne and PSM.
- You are suggested to be thorough with the subjects and they should take the online tests, go through online material available, and solve mock tests and that too with a time limit.
- Early birds are always successful hence start preparing as early as you can but it would be useless if you do not work hard. Be well versed with the exam pattern and take the mock tests as well. Refer from the best books and try not to confuse yourself.
JIPMER PG 2017 Exam Dates
|JIPMER PG 2017 January Session||Important Dates|
|Online application form begins on||March 27, 2017|
|JIPMER PG 2017 application forms closing date||May 3, 2017|
|Date of downloading JIPMER PG 2017 Admit Cards||May 4 to June 4, 2017|
|JIPMER PG 2017 January Session Exam||November 2017|
|Date of publication of Merit List||December 2017|
|First Counselling||June 27 to June 30, 2017|
|Second Counselling||July 19, 2017|
|Commencement of JIPMER PG 2017 January session||January 1, 2017|
|July 2017 Session (MD/MS)|
|Online Application Form Availability||13th March 2017|
|Application Form Availability Last Date||19th April 2017|
|Admit Card Availability Date||3rd May to 21st May 2017|
|Date of Exam (Online Mode)||21st May 2017|
|Publication of Merit List||31st May 2017|
|First Counselling Starts||14th June 2017|
|Second Counselling Starts||12th July 2017|
|Third and Open Counselling Starts||27th July 2017|
|Admission Formalities||22nd June 2017|
|Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||1st July 2017|
|Commencement of Course||3rd July 2017|
|Admission Closes||31st July 2017|
|July Session 2017(DM/MCH)|
|Online Registration Starts||13th March 2017|
|Online Registration Last Date||19th April 2017|
|Download of Hall Ticket||3rd May to 21st May 2017|
|Date of Exam||21st May 2017|
|Fellowship Course: 10 AM to 11.30 AM|
|DM/M.Ch Course: 3 PM to 4.30 PM|
|Publication of Merit List||On or Before 31st May 2017|
|Certificate Verification & Payment of Admission Fees||9th June 2017|
|Medical Examination, Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||22nd June 2017|
|Commencement of Course||3rd July 2017|
|Close of Admissions for DM.M.Ch/Fellowship JULY 2017 Session||31st July 2017|
JIPMER PG 2017 Admit Card
The admit cards of JIPMER PG 2017 for July session will be available from 3rd May to 21 May 2017.Admit card 2017 will be released through online mode only. Candidate can visit the official website of JIMPER & download the admit card by just enter the application number & password. The admit card consisted of candidate’s detail such as name, application number, date of birth, exam center address etc.