JIPMER PG 2017 stands for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Post Graduate Entrance Exam. It has emerged as one of the top best 5 medical institutes in the country and is assured to become the global giant in the health sector. One of the leading Medical Institutions of India is Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry. JIPMER provides best health care facilities to the community free of cost of all broad specialties and super specialties. It caters to the need of the poor as well as the rich. JIPMER is recognized by MCI as the center of excellence in medical education.
Applications are invited by JIPMER from Resident Indian Nationals including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) for admission to the MD/MS courses in 22 specializations for 1st July 2017 Session. In this article you would find details on JIPMER PG 2017 (MD / MS) Medical Exam such as its exam dates, application form, syllabus exam patter and latest news.
|JIPMER 2017 PG Admission Summary|
|Exam Name||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research Post Graduate Exam|
|Commonly known as||JIPMER|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
JIPMER PG 2017 Application Form
Follow are the JIPMER PG 2017 Application Form:
- Those of you trying to get admission through entrance examination need to apply online through the official website www.jipmer.edu.in which will be available from 27th March to 3rd May 2017. Last date to submit the application form will be 3rd May 2017. Click on “Apply on-line MD/MS admission – July 2017”.
- It is advised to read the prospectus and instructions carefully. You need to fill in all necessary details in the form and make the payment.
- Mode of Payment is only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated challan form in any branch of State Bank of India. You are advised to read the terms properly before starting online registration.
- The application Fee is Rs.1000/- for UR/ OBC/ Sponsored candidates and Rs.800/- for SC /ST/ OPH.
JIPMER PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be a resident of India. All overseas citizen of India are also eligible and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian nationals is applicable to them. Proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 needs to be provided at the time of counseling. Non reliabale Indian are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign individuals are required to apply through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Permission is needed from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institutes well as apply for temporary registration for the duration of postgraduate study.
- MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India should be possesed.
- Also 12 months of compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th June 2017 is desired. (*Those of you not completing the internship on or before 30th June 2017 need not apply for July 2017 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date will be accepted).
JIPMER PG 2017 Exam Pattern
- The exam is of 250 questions and the time is 3hrs. The answers are to be marked with “HB pencil”, and not with ball point pen. There are no negative markings.
- Questions are mainly clinical oriented (80%). Also there are considerable questions from Medicine Surgery Gyne and PSM.
- You are suggested to be thorough with the subjects and they should take the online tests, go through online material available, and solve mock tests and that too with time limit.
- Early birds are always successful hence start preparing as early as you can but it would be useless if you do not work hard. Be well versed with the exam pattern and take the mock tests as well. Refer from the best books and try not to confuse yourself.
JIPMER PG 2017 Important Dates:
|JIPMER PG 2017 January Session||Important Dates|
|Online application form begins on||March 27, 2017|
|JIPMER PG 2017 application forms closing date||May 3, 2017|
|Date of downloading JIPMER PG 2017 Admit Cards||May 4 to June 4, 2017|
|JIPMER PG 2017 January Session Exam||November, 2017|
|Date of publication of Merit List||December, 2017|
|First Counselling||June 27 to June 30, 2017|
|Second Counselling||July 19, 2017|
|Commencement of JIPMER PG 2017 January session||January 1, 2017|
Other PG National Level Medical Entrance Exams
|AIIMS PG 2017||JIPMER PG 2017|
|AIPGDEE 2017||KLEU PGAIET 2017|
|AIPGMEE 2017||MGM CET 2017|
|DNB CET 2017||MU OET PG Medical 2017|
Other PG National Level Medical Entrance Exams
|AIIMS PG||JIPMER PG|
|DNB CET||MU OET PG Medical|