Table of Content
Those of you who desire to apply for the M.Tech programs at the Jaypee Group of Institutes may do so through the GATE scores or JIIT PGCET 2017 exam that will be conducted for the same. Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test (JIIT PGCET) is a common entrance exam directed under the supervision of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology so as to offer post graduate course admissions (M.Tech) and administer the desired courses and its divisions for admissions via the GATE scores or PGCET scores as chosen by the individuals.
|JIIT PGET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||JIIT PGET|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
JIIT PGCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The courses offered are based on the Gate scores and on the PGCET score:
|S.No||M.Tech Programme||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|1||Computer Science Engineering||BE/B.Tech in CSE/IT||Through GATE Scores|
|2||Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Information Security|
|3||Electronics Communication Engineering with specialization in Communication Systems||B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Electrical Engineering /Electronics & Communication Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation &Control Engineering|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in Micro ElectronicsSystems & Embedded Technology||BE/B.Tech in EE/ EEE/ ECE/ CS/ IT/ Instrumentation or MSc Physics with Electronics|
|5||Applied and Computational Mathematics||Master Degree in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics / Operations Research/ Computer Science with at least 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA on a 10‐point scale||On basis of the JIIT PGCETScores|
|6||Biotechnology||B.Tech. in BT/BI, Masters in life sciences 4 years Bachelor’s degree in Life sciences/ Agriculture, MBBS, B.VSc and Pharm|
|7||Information& Technology andEntrepreneurship||BTech (CSE/IT) , MCA, MSc (Computer Science), BTech (ECE) with at least six IT courses during graduation, with minimum 60% or equivalent in the qualifying exam|
|8||Materials Science &Engineering||BE/B.Tech or M.Sc. Physics/Electronics/ Chemistry. Aspirants with M. Sc. degree in above subjects should have studied Physics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level|
JIIT PGCET 2017 Application Process
Note: There are separate application forms to be submitted for GATE individuals and if you want to appear for the JIIT PGCET.
Pl refers to www.jiit.ac.in for details.
You should check the JIIT PGCET application procedure before applying for the JIIT PGCET. All GATE qualified individuals can also fill the JIIT PGCET. Application Form on this page. The Application Forms for JIIT PGCET. are available both offline and online.
The JIIT PGCET Application Fees are as follows:
- Rs 700 for the offline Application form.
- Rs 650 for the online Application Form
The payment for the fees may be made using any 1 of these means:
- Cash Payment/ by DD/ Online Payment through either net banking, credit or debit cards
- The DD must be payable in favor of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, at Noida/ Delhi
JIIT PGCET Application Form may be procured from any 1 of these convenient options:
1.In Person: On cash payment, from Registrar, JIIT, A-10, Sector-62, Noida-201307
- Download from the examination website
- Online from the examination website
How to Fill the JIIT PGCET Offline Application Form:
You need to fill the particulars in CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY
- You need to fill in all the specified details like personal details, academic qualification details, communication etc.
- You have to attach your GATE score card without which application would be rejected.
- You need to also attach the attested mark sheets and all passing certificates
- You then need to sign and paste one photograph on the application form in the given place.
- You also need to attach a bank draft of Rs. 700/- in favor of “Jaypee Institute of Information Technology” payable at Noida/Delhi.
- You need to send the application form before the due date. to
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology,
A-10, Sector 62,
For JIIT PGCET: (only for programs at JIIT)
- You need to fill the details in Capital Letters.
- You have to use a recently taken photograph and also sign in the designated place
- You need to fill in their course preference
- You should attach the attested copies of the transcripts and marks sheets all the school and university levels
- The application fees DD forRs 750 in favor of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology” payable at Noida/Delhi must also be sent with the application form
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology,
A-10, Sector 62,
JIIT PGCET 2017 Application Form
- You need to provide all the asked particulars like educational details, address, etc and upload a recent color photo with fully visible face in jpg format with a maximum file size – 500 KB
- You need to submit the details and make the application fee payment online or with a DD. For the payment by DD, the DD particulars need to be entered.
- The print of the application form has to be sent to the address which is mentioned above
JIIT PGCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The time span of the exam is 2 hours for a 100 marks paper
- There are 50 questions in all for 2 marks each.
- There will be negative marking of minus one mark for every wrong answer
JIIT PGCET 2017 counseling process
- Those who are shortlisted on the basis of their GATE scores would be called for counselling as per the specified schedule.
- Those of you who are certified in the JIIT PGCET would be called for counselling to fill the vacant seats only post admissions given to the GATE individuals
Note: Seat selections will be solely on the basis of the Merit Ranks of the candidates – GATE/JIIT PGCET score card.
JIIT PGCET 2017 Exam Dates
|JIIT PGCET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Last Date of JIIT PGCET 2017 Application Form||May, 2017
|JIIT PGCET 2017 Admit Card||June, 2017|
|JIIT PGCET 2017 Test Date||June, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.