Get official details about JEE Main 2017 entrance exam such as its exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, preparation tips and latest notification. The JEE Main 2017 exam is usually seen as a tough nut to crack But don’t worry! it isn’t as dramatic as it sounds and clearing it is easy if you prepare for it in advance. Now this exam is also the entitlement test for JEE advanced which is the entrance exam in order to secure admissions in programs that are offered by 16 IIT’s and Indian School of Mines (ISM). Turns out that only the top 1, 50,000 score holders in JEE Main 2017 are qualified to apply for JEE Advanced 2017 exam so tighten your belts and study hard!
Latest News on JEE Main 2017
- February 17, 2017 – The online process of correction, in particulars filled by the candidates in the application form of JEE (Main)-2017, will start from 25th January, 2017 onwards.
- February 16, 2017 – JEE Main 2017 will conduct the JEE(Main)- Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech offline examination on April 2, 2017, JEE (Main)- Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech. Online examination. The JEE(Main)- Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) paper will include April 08,09, 2017 while the offline examination will be held on April 02, 2017.
- January 30, 2017 – A correction of application form is a one-time opportunity, so incomplete information in the application form will lead to disqualification of the candidates. Please Note – candidates are advised to do the corrections very carefully.
- January 27, 2017 – The candidates who are declared eligible for JEE (Advanced) – 2017 will have to again register later on at the JEE (Advanced) website http://jeeadv.ac.in after the declaration of the JEE (Main)-2017score.
- January 26, 2017 – JEE Mains exam 2017: The process will be open till February 3, 2017 and the board advised candidates to make the corrections carefully as it is a one time facility.
- January 24, 2017 – The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main application form correction window will open from January 25, 2017 i.e. tomorrow and the correction process will end on February 3, 2017.
- January 22, 2017 – The last date for online correction in the particulars of application form is 03rd February 2017 and the additional fee, if any, can be paid up to 04th February 2017.
- January 3, 2017 – JEE (Main) – 2017: Online Submission Date Extended To January 16.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
First of all lets clear the confusion about who exactly can give the examination as per the rules. The prescribed JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- The lowest academic qualification for appearing in JEE Main 2017, is that you need to have cleared in the qualifying examination of class XII or its equivalent.
- Those of you who are appearing in class XII final or equivalent examination in the year of the exam can appear in JEE Mains examination as an interim measure.
- You need to have compulsorily passed 5 subjects in Class XIIth. Those of you who have cleared with four subjects would not suitable.
- Those who are passing in year before or during the year of the exam are eligible. Those of you who cleared Class XII a few years before prior to the exam or before would not be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
- Applicants’ date of birth should be on or post October 1, 1990 (5 years relaxation for SC/ST/PwD i.e. 1985)
- You would have a maximum of three attempts in the JEE Main.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
You can apply for JEE Main 2017 Exam by visiting the official website of the exam. For those of you who are not so techno-savy lets break down the process! First you need to fill the application form and then upload a scanned JPEG files of your photo, signature and left thumb impression.
After you have successfully submitted your JEE Main 2017 application form for this engineering entrance exam, a ‘Validation confirmation’ Page with your application number will now be generated and issued to you. Kindly note that you would need to keep a printout of this Confirmation Page for future reference.
As no application process is complete without an application fee thus you would require to select from 2 options to pay the JEE Main application fee either through credit/debit card or by depositing fee in cash [as per the examination choices] at any one of the following banks;- Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank through the e-challan generated during the online filling of JEE Main application form.
|JEE Main 2017 Application Fees – India based Venues|
|Paper(s) Appearing||Pen and Paper Based Examination||Computer Based Examination|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1 or JEE (Main) Paper-2 only||1000 INR (boys)||500 INR||500 INR (boys)||250 INR|
|500 INR (girls)||250 INR (girls)|
|Both||1800 INR (boys)||900 INR||1300 INR (boys)||650 INR|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1 and JEE (Main) Paper-2||900 INR (girls)||650 INR (girls)|
|JEE Main 2017 Application Fees – Overseas Venue as an Examination Centre|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or||2500 INR (boys)||1250 INR||2500 INR (boys)||1250 INR|
|JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./Planning) only||1250 INR (girls)||1250 INR (girls)|
|Both||3800 INR (boys)||1900 INR||3800 INR (boys)||1900 INR|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and||1900 INR (girls)||1900 INR (girls)|
|JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)|
JEE Main Application Form Correction:
- You would have a chance to make correction in the application form.
- The correction period would be announced for a week in the second half of January, 2017.
- Any further corrections in application form after the closing date of the correction period would not be entertained.
- Only those which are selected and permitted entries can be modified.
Its necessary to preserve your admit cards for JEE Main till the time of counselling.
Also Read – Registration Guide for JEE Main 2017
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern
JEE Main Paper I:
- Courses:It is conducted for engineering courses (BE/B.Tech).
- Number of Questions:90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Subjects:Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Language:Hindi or English
- Mode:Online & Offline.
- Duration:3 hours. (4 hours for candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme:4 marks for every correct response.
- Negative Marking:1 mark would be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
JEE Main Paper II:
- Courses:It is conducted for Architecture course. (B.Arch).
- Number of Questions:82 MCQs.
- Subjects:Mathematics, Aptitude, Drawing.
- Language:Hindi or English
- Mode:Offline mode.
- Duration:3 hours. (4 hours for candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme:4 marks for every correct response (2 questions from drawing subject would carry 70 marks).
- Negative Marking:1 mark would be deducted for every incorrect or multi-responses.
The next main component to gear yourself is the JEE Main 2017 exam pattern and it comprises of two papers.
Many of you who are seeking admission in BE/BTech programs at NITs, IIITs and CFTIs need to appear for Paper-1 whereas Paper-2 needs to be given by individuals for architecture and planning programs.
The duration of the examination is of 3 hours in either of the two means:
- Computer Based Exam
- Pen-Paper Based Exam
So those who are Technologically challenged need not worry!
A total of 90 questions would be asked in this engineering entrance exam in order to check your knowledge in different subjects.
Computer Based Exam
The JEE Main 2017 Computer Based Exam (CBE) is of a 3 hour duration and would be carrying questions from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All questions will carry equal scores.
Every correct answer will reward you with a total of four marks and for every mistaken one mark will be deducted. There is however, no deduction from the total score if no response is certain for a question.
For every question being examined in the exam, there is only one accurate response so its advised not to select multiple responses.
Pen and Paper Based Examination
For those who are technologically challenged you can still give the JEE Main 2017 written [pen and paper based] examination which is of a three hour duration. The JEE Main exam pattern is such that the question paper would be divided into three divisions each for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each segment has multiple choice questions from the specific subject after which the section is named.
Each correct answer in this category is given four marks and for every incorrect response ¼ mark, which is one mark would be deducted from your score. No deduction would be made from the total score if you do not select any response for the question. For every question asked in this entrance examination only one from the four responses is correct.
The computer based test and the pen & paper based entrance exam will be held on separate dates.
If you’re appearing for JEE Main computer based test (CBE) you would be provided with a sample/mock test on the official website of JEE Main from the month of December onwards. JEE Main syllabus lists the topics in which you’re aptitude will be tested.
Those who are eligible for admissions in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs on the basis of choices made by them in their registration forms as well as their performance in JEE Main. After the entrance exam is conducted, you will then go through a counselling session where you would be given your All India Ranks for JEE Main.
Based on this rank, you would be given a choice to select your preferred institute/engineering branch/program at the appropriate time.
JEE Mains 2017 Exam Dates
|JEE Main Exam Events||Exam Dates|
|Start of JEE Main 2017 Online Application Form||First week of December, 2016
|Last Date for submitting Online Applications and uploading of scanned images||Last week of December, 2016|
|JEE Main 2017 Admit Card Download||2nd week of March, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Pencil-Paper Based Exam (Paper 1 & 2)||First week of April, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Computer Based Test||2nd week of April, 2017|
|Display of Answer Key and OMR sheets||3rd week of April, 2017|
|Acceptance of challenge of Answer Keys||4th week of April, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Results (Scores)||4th week of April, 2017|
|Declaration of All India Ranks||1st week of July, 2017|
|Availability of JEE Main 2017 Rank Card||After declaration of AIRs|
Other UG National Level Engineering Entrance Exams 2017
|AEEE 2017||JEE Main 2017|
|ATIT 2017||MUOET 2017|
|BITSAT 2017||NATA 2017|
|Chandigarh Admission 2017||Symbiosis SET 2017|
|IIIT Hyderabad 2017||Thapar 2017|
|IISER Admissions 2017||VITEEE 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017|