Get complete details on JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria such as its age limits, educational qualification, document requirements and others notifications. JEE Mains entrance is conducted at All India Level, but since many states like Maharashtra, Orissa, Nagaland has joined JEE Mains at later stage; here the article focuses on JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria
. Eligibility of the candidate is not only 10+2 passed but there are many such criterions that are unknown. First, is that candidate applying should be strictly for 17 years or the nearest birthday should be 17, age relaxation only to the reserved category of students; 5 years age relaxation as per conducting authority.
Students who are appearing Grade XII or have passed are eligible for the exams, there should be minimum 5 subjects included in +2 level. The candidate has two options for the JEE Main 2017 exam, depending upon the stream they wish to choose after 12th standard one is for Engineering and other is for NATA and non-engineering related field.
Also, Check out JEE Main Result 2017
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2017
- Candidate should be of minimum age 17* years, 5 years can be relaxed in case of PwD, SC, ST
- Candidate should have appeared Grade XII or passed exam in the same year or last year
- Candidate who passed 12th, 2 years back are ineligible
- Candidate who passed Grade XII after “re-appearing” are ineligible
- Candidate should have minimum 5 subjects included; candidate with less than 5 subjects at +2 level are ineligible
- Out of 5 subjects Physics, Mathematics should be one and Chemistry/ Bio-technology/ Computer Science/ Biology (as optional subjects)
- Candidate can apply for only 3 times after failing JEE main; no 4th attempt applicable
- 10+2 qualification is mandatory from any recognized institute or its equivalent which satisfy the above conditions.