JEE Main Counselling 2017 has been started from 15th June 2017 through online mode. JoSAA is the official conducting authority of JEE Main Counselling 2017, hence it will supervise and manage the admission and seat allocation process in 92 institutions (including 22 IITs, 31 NITs, ISM Dhanbad, 20 IIITs & 18 GFTIs ) regulated by the government of India. Joint Seat Allocation Authority popularly known as JoSAA has been established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). Here in this article, we have given all best-detailed information on JEE Main Counselling 2017.
Registrations for all the eligible candidates (option entry). JEE Main Counselling 2017 and seat allocation will be held in seven rounds. The first round of JEE Main 2017 Seat Allotment will be announced on 28th June 2017. Candidates will have to pay the seat acceptance fee for all those who all are successfully allotted their seats. They need to verify their documents at the designated Reporting Centres. Only candidates who have successfully qualified for JEE Main 2017 will be able to participate in JEE Main 2017 counselling and seat allotment.
JEE Main Counselling 2017 (JoSAA Schedule)
JoSAA has announced the important dates of JEE Main 2017 counselling. The following table is the counselling schedule which candidates can check
|Registration & Choice Filling||15th June 2017 & 19th June (for AAT candidates)|
|Display of mock seat allocation-1 as per choices filled by candidates as of 20th June 2017||20th June 2017|
|Display of mock seat allocation-2 as per choices filled by candidates as of 23rd June 2017||23rd June 2017|
|Last date for registration & filling choices||26th June 2017|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||27th June 2017|
|1st round seat allocation||28th June 2017|
|1st round seat acceptance||29th June – 3rd July 2017|
|Display of seat availability||4th July 2017|
|2nd round seat allocation||4th July 2017|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||5th & 6th July 2017|
|Display of seat availability||7th July 2017|
|3rd round seat allocation||7th July 2017|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||8th & 9th July 2017|
|Display of seat availability||10th July 2017|
|4th round seat allocation||10th July 2017|
|4th Round acceptance of seats||11th & 12th July 2017|
JEE Main Counselling 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have passed the JEE Main 2017 exam by scoring marks which are above then the cut-off parameters.
- Top 2,20,000 candidates of JEE Main 2017 will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2017.
- JEE Advanced 2017 qualified candidates will get seats in IITs.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 75% marks in the 12th examination or be in top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination in order to get qualify for admission in IITs/NITs/CFTIs.
- Minimum marks for candidates who belongs to ST/SC category is 65%.
- Candidate whose admission in IITs was cancelled or had reported at the reporting centre in the past are not eligible for admission.
- All the candidates are eligible for the admission who has paid the fee but not attended the seat allocation of previous year i.e. 2016 and not accepted the seat.
JEE Main Counselling 2017 Process
There are total 6 steps involved in JEE Main Counselling 2017 and Seat Allotment Process which are listed below in detail
- Online Counselling Registration
- Choice Filling
- Seat Allotment
- Fee Payment & Acceptance of Seat
- Reporting at allotted centre
- Reporting to allotted Institute
1st Step – Online Counselling Registration
You have to follow the first step which is registering yourselves online to appear in JEE Main Counselling 2017. You are required to feed in your JEE Main 2017 roll number and password to log in. Enter all your details correctly at the time of registering.
2nd Step – Choice Filling
You can make more than 2 choices of Branches/Programmes and Institutes. You are allowed to make changes in your choices but before the last date, seal and lock your preferences before the last date is out. This sealing and locking of all your choices can be made after every counselling round.
3rd Step – Seat Allotment
After the last date is out of sealing your choices, the seat allotment result will be released. All the candidates will be informed via email and SMS on the same recorded which was registered by the candidates at the time of online registration. You will be offered admission based on your choices and All India Ranks of JEE Main through seat allocation process.
4th Step – Fee Payment & Acceptance of Seat
After the seat allotment is done, all the candidates have to pay the seat acceptance fee. Fee payment can be done through SBI net banking or e-challan. Candidates have to verify their documents at the reporting centre, provisional seal allotment letter will be provided to candidates
5th Step – Reporting at Allotted Center
Candidates who will allotted seat must report to the reporting centre for document verification. Students are required to visit the allotted centre with all the necessary documents and certificates. List of documents that candidates have to bring at allotted centre are given below.
6th Step -Reporting at Allotted Institute
This is the last step of admission process. Candidates can confirm their seats by visiting the allotted institution. Admission will be confirmed after submission of admission fee.
Document Required JEE Main Counselling 2017
The following is the list of documents that candidates have to be verified at reporting center
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Pay slip of Seat Acceptance Fee
- JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
- 10th Class Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Foreign candidates have to bring attested photocopy and original nationality certificate/ passport.
- Passport size photographs
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- JEE Main 2017 Score Card
- Medical Certificate