Here below are the JEE Advanced 2017 eligibility criteria that an applicant must fulfill in order to be eligible to give the examination:
- The candidate should be among the top 1,50,000 students (all the categories included) in JEE (Main).
- The percentage required for various categories is as below:
5% for general (from the common rank list), 27% score for OBC-NCL, 15% score for SC and 7.5% score for ST. Please note, within each of these four categories, 3% score horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates. Also, PwD category includes Dyslexic candidates.
Distribution according to Category
|CATEGORY||Number of “Top” candidates|
- Age limit: The date of birth (year and month) of the candidate should be after October 1, 1991 if belonging to GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1986 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) only two times and that too only if he /she attempts it in consecutive years. JEE (Advanced) 2017 should be either the candidate’s 1st attempt or the 2nd consecutive attempt.
- The candidate should NOT have taken admission in the past (whether or not he/she continued the program) or even accepted the admission by paying the admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM. Also the candidates whose admission was cancelled in the past are NOT eligible to give the test. The candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2015 can appear for JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- The candidate should have appeared for class 12 examination for the 1st time in all the subjects in either 2015 or 2017.
- The candidates who appeared for the first time in their Class 12 in 2014 or earlier are not eligible, but the candidates whose Board results for the academic year 2013-14 were declared after June 2014 can appear for JEE (Advanced) 2017.
Note: The above eligibility criteria’s must be fulfilled. Failing to do so will lead to disqualification or cancellation of applicant’s candidature.
Check out JEE Main 2017 Registration Online Process