Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced Counselling 2018
- The appearing candidates should secure the acceptable minimal rank in JEE Advanced 2018 examination in order to participate in JEE Advanced 2018 counselling.
- At least 75% aggregate marks in class 12th or equivalent board exam need to be obtained by the candidates belonging to general category. For candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories, the aggregate marks required for admission is 65%.
- The candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12th or equivalent board exam for the admission in IITs.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2018 Procedure
We have mentioned the complete procedure of JEE Advanced Counselling 2018 and have further break-down for your better understanding
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Visit the official link to register online (we will provide the link here)
- Register yourself online
- Enter your JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number ( Admit Card number)
- JEE Advanced Registration Number
- Date of Birth – (enter as in your Admit Card)
- Password – (in 8 to 15 characters)
- Click on confirm password
- During choice filling, log in using your User ID (Registration Number), JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number and Password.
- Fill the choices according to your their preferences of branches and institutes.
- Applicants can make changes in terms of editing, reordering their choices and add new choices till the final locking.
- They must lock their choices before the last date, or else their choices will be locked by default. (Candidates are advised to select and lock as many choices as possible for programmes).
- Counselling and Seat Allotment of JEE Advanced 2018 will be held based on examinees All India Ranks (AIRs).
- For admission to programmes like Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering and other related courses, the candidates have to fulfil the additional fitness and health parameters.
- After Online choice filling, the participating candidates will be allotted seats for admissions to IITs.
- JEE Advanced 2018 counselling and seat allotment may get conducted in 6 rounds.
- To check their allotted seats, the candidates have to log in by entering their User ID (Registration Number), JEE Advanced 2087 Roll Number and Password to check their Seat Allotment.
- At the end of every round or counselling/seat allotment, the candidates are required to check the seat allotment result. (Note: Seat allocation may change due to upgradations. Thus, the candidates must be careful).
- The online seat allotment procedure also requires the candidates to get the soft copy of their category certificates (SC/ST/OBC-NCL – uploaded at the time of registration) verified. In case found unacceptable, such candidates will be considered as GE only if their score in the Paper-1 of JEE Main 2018 is above the declared cutoff marks.
- In order to provisionally freeze/book their allotted seats after the allotment has happened, the candidates must pay the required fee online.
- Further, to claim their allotted seat and to book it for the academic year, candidates must report to the allotted institution with the prescribed documents.
Step 1 – JEE Advanced 2018 Online Registration
Important: You must note down your User ID (Registration Number) and password which will be generated by the system.
Step 2 – JEE Advanced Online Choice Filling 2018
Step 3 – JEE Advanced 2018 Online Seat Allotment and Reporting
Documents needed for JEE Advanced Counselling 2018
The students have to carry the required document mentioned below for the physical verification for taking provisional admission.
Note: candidate should bring an original document with an attested copy
- The candidates should bring the JEE Advanced Seat allotment letter from JoSAA portal.
- JEE Advanced 2018 original admit card
- JEE Advanced application form
- Medical examination report
- Proof of date of birth
- Class 12th and 10th mark sheet
- Category certificate (OBC, NCL SC, ST, PWD, DS)
- For foreign candidates an attested photocopy of a page of the passport containing the name, photo and their respective nationality.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2018 Schedule
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2018 AIRs by JAB||Second week of June 2018|
|CBSE makes available final Class XII Marks to JoSAA||Third week of June 2018|
|Declaration of JEE (Main) 2018 AIRs by Joint Apex Board||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Candidates fill in their choices of academic programmes in participating Institutes||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Display of mock seat allocation based on choices filled-in by candidates||Last week of June 2018|
|Reconcile the data, allocate seats, verify and validate||Last week of June 2018|
|Seat allocation (1st round)||Last week of June 2018|
|Acceptance of seat (1st round)||First week of July 2018|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||the First week of July 2018|
|Seat allocation (2nd round)||First week of July 2018|
|Acceptance/withdrawal of seat (2nd round)||First and second week of July 2018|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||After 2nd round seat acceptance, 1 day|
|Seat allocation (3rd round)||After 2nd round seat acceptance, 1 day|
|Acceptance/withdrawal of seat (3rd round)||2-3 days after seat allotment of 3rd round|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||After 3rd round seat acceptance, 1 day|
|Seat allocation 4th round||After 3rd round seat acceptance, 1 day|
|Acceptance of seats (4th round)||1-2 days of seat allocation of 4th round|
|Beginning of academic sessions at IITs||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Physical reporting of candidates at admitting institutes (NITs); Schedule for IITs||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Academic session starts for preparatory courses at IITs||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Academic sessions starts at NITs||Fourth week of July 2018|