JEE Advanced 2017 Details – Admit Card will be available from 10th May 2017 to 21st May 2017. JEE Advanced is the second step to the JEE Main exam and is conducted for the entry of individuals like you into Undergraduate Engineering courses, in ISM and IIT Dhanbad. A number of other institutes also consider the score of this exam too, in order to grant you admission so taking the exam is the right choice.
The application procedure of the exam would begin in the first week of May. The JAB, also known as Joint Admission Board organises the JEE Advanced exam, in the end of May but in offline mode. An admit card/ Hall ticket has been released by the conducting authority only for registered individuals. Single counselling is held for JEE Advanced and JEE Main, by JoSSA.
To help you out in whatever way possible we have provided the information regarding the application procedure, eligibility criteria, How to fill the application form, important facts, important dates, queries or doubts and much more.
JEE Advanced 2017 Latest News
May 10, 2017 – The official conducting authority will release the JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card today at 02:00 pm onwards on their own website.
May 2, 2017 – The JEE Advanced paper will be held on May 21 and the registration portal will be open until 5 pm 2nd May 2017.
April 17, 2017 – The registration fee of JEE (Advanced) 2017 for the exam centres in India for female, SC, ST, PwD candidates will be Rs 1200 for all other candidates is Rs 2400 while for late fees is Rs 500. The exam fees outside India is USD 135. The late fee for the exam centres outside India is USD 80. and for Non-SAARC countries, it is270.
April 13, 2017 – The experts says that the registration process of JEE Advanced 2017 will begin on 28th April of 2017 and candidates must choose three cities from a zone of their choice at the time of online registration.
|B.Tech – Bachelor of Technology||4 years|
|B.S. – Bachelor of Science||4 years|
|B.Pharma – Bachelor of Pharmaceutics||4 years|
|B.Arch – Bachelor of Architecture||5 years|
|Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech – Dual Degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology||5 years|
|Dual Degree B.S.-M.S. – Dual Degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science||5 years|
|Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharma – Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics||5 years|
|Integrated M.Tech – Integrated Master of Technology||5 years|
|Integrated M.Sc. – Integrated Master of Science||5 years|
- JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
- JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
- JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus
- JEE Advanced 2017 Result Dates
- JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
- JEE Advanced Answer Key 2017
- JEE Advanced 2017 Results and Score Card
- JEE Advanced 2017 Facts
- JEE Advanced 2017 Participating Institutes
- JEE Advanced Counselling 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for any exam it’s always beneficial to check out if you can apply for it in order to avoid any misunderstandings. Therefore you should check the basic JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria which is mentioned as follow:
- Candidates must need to match the percentage criteria that is mentioned here below: General (from the common rank list): 5 %, OBC-NCL: 27 %, SC: 15 %, ST: 7.5 %.
- A candidate should not be more than 25 years of age and should also be among the top 1,50,000 students (all the categories included) in JEE (Main).
- Aspirants must have appeared in class 12th exam for the 1st time in all the subjects in either 2016 or 2017.
- You can attempt JEE (Advanced) only two times and that too only if you attempts it in consecutive years.
- You must NOT have taken admission in the past (whether or not you continued the program) or even accepted the admission by paying the admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM. Also, those individuals whose admission were cancelled in the past would not be eligible to give the test. Those of you who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2015 can appear for JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- Thcandidatesdtes who have appeared for the first time in Class 12 in 2014 or earlier would not be eligible.
Get to know more in detail about the Eligibility criteria’s by clicking on the given link below among the Quick links section.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
The most important task when you decide to appear for an examination is to fill in the JEE Advanced 2017 application form. Thus to successfully apply we have mentioned the enlisted steps. But do make sure that before filling the application form you are eligible for it.
In order to fill the form you will have to undergo three steps:
Step 1: – Firstly you will be required to visit the official website and fill the form with all the valid details
Step 2: – After you’re done with the filling of the application form the next step is to upload all your scanned certificates.
Step 3: – The third step post uploading of the certificates is to pay the registration fees online for the completion of the application form.
How to Apply for JEE Advanced 2017
Those of you who are appearing for the examination will have to choose any three cities/towns from a zone as per choice while filling in the application form.
Step-1: Login & Fill Details
Step-1.1: Visit Official Website and Login
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced (link will be provided here).
- The login window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the JEE Main 2017 Roll Number, Password and Security Pin and submit it.
- Choose the new password for JEE Advanced.
Step-1.2: Fill Details
- After creating the new password, a new page will be displayed containing candidate’s details furnished at the time of JEE Main registration.
- Mention the number of attempts.
- Choose the three examination cities as per their preferences.
- Select the language of the question paper (English or Hindi).
- Fill the category and scribe status.
- Check all the filled details carefully and submit it.
Step-2: Upload Scanned Images
Students are needed to keep ready the required documents in the prescribed specification. The image should be in JPEG format. The image size should be between 50 KB to 300 KB. The documents required for registration are mentioned below:
Step-2.1: Required Documents
- 10th class certificate or birth certificate.
- 12th or equivalent exam certificates.
- Category, PwD or DS certificate (if applicable).
- Scribe letter (if applicable).
- PIO card or OCI certificate (if required).
Step-2.2: Upload Images
- Go through the upload images option.
- Select the required images.
- Upload the scanned images one by one carefully.
Step-3: Registration Fee Payment
After uploading the images, candidates can make the fee payment through the following methods:
- Students can pay the application fee through the debit/credit card or net banking of SBI bank.
- Click on the “Pay Registration Fee” option.
- The Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page will appear on the screen.
- Enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- Candidates paying for DUBAI exam centre are needed to pay the fee using International debit/credit card issued by foreign banks & issued outside India.
- First, click on the “Pay Registration Fee” link.
- Take the printout of the e-challan of SBI bank.
- Submit the printed e-challan with the required fee to the nearest SBI branch.
Step-4: Print Application Form
After the fee payment confirmation, students will be able to take a printout of the application form. Students are advised to take extra printouts and keep them safe for further use. There is no need to send any hard copy to the authority.
The breakup of the application fees is given below.
|Examination centres in India|
|Examination centre: Dubai|
|All categories||USD 220||USD 220||USD 220|
This should complete your application process and should get you started in the race!
Reservation will be done in the following manner in JEE Advanced 2017. SC candidates 15%, ST candidates 7.5%, Foreign Nationals candidates 10%, Defence Services candidates 2%, OBC-NCL candidates 27%, PWD (in each of the open, OBC-NCL, SC & ST) candidates 3%.
Also, read Registration Guide for JEE Advanced 2017.
Quick Links for JEE Advanced 2017 Exam
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
Knowing the paper pattern of any exam braces you even further for it and gives you a certain idea of what to expect. The JEE Advanced 2017 paper pattern isn’t yet fixed and is liable to change annually via the conducting authority of the IIT. But what does remain constant is that it will consist of a total of 2 papers namely paper 1 and paper 2 and you will have to appear for both.
The question paper would consist of three sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The question paper would be made available in two languages- English and Hindi. You would require attempting the Objective type MCQ and Numerical Answer type questions that are designed for the purpose of testing your comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability. Do note that certain sections do carry negative marking.
JEE Advanced Paper 1: –
|Paper||Subject||Section||No. of Questions||Total No of Marks||Max. Marks (Per question)|
Marking Scheme –
JEE Advanced Paper 2: –
Total 60 questions of 240 marks
|Physics||8 Questions||8 Questions||2 Questions of Paragraph type|
|Chemistry||8 Questions||8 Questions||2 Questions of Paragraph type|
|Mathematics||8 Questions||8 Questions||2 Questions of Paragraph type|
Marking Scheme –
JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus
It goes without saying that its better to be well prepared before any examination and knowing the syllabus is a major part of it. Now the syllabus of the entrance examination will be prescribed via the conducting authority and will be covering topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics on the basis of which the question paper will be prepared. So do prepare for it well in order to secure a top position
A few of the important subject wise topics are as follows.
Syllabus for Physics of JEE Advanced: – General Topics, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics
JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus: – Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, and Vectors
Chemistry Syllabus for JEE Advanced: – Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
JEE Advanced 2017 Sample Papers
There’s no better way to prepare yourself for the upcoming examination than solving sample papers. As you already know that sample papers are similar to the actual papers and it can help you a lot to practice. And the best part is that you can download it anytime and solve it at your convenience.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Centres
The exam centres are usually some selected zone-wise centres where the examination is scheduled to be conducted which is in India and in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Following is a list of the chosen seven zones:
- Bombay Zone IIT
- Delhi Zone IIT
- IIT at Guwahati Zone
- IIT at Kanpur Zone
- Kharagpur Zone IIT
- Madras Zone IIT
- IIT of Roorkee Zones
JEE Advanced 2017 Result Dates
Joint Admission Board 2017 will conduct JEE Advanced 2017 in the 7 zonal IIT’s. The decisions of the JAB 2017 will be final in all matters related to JEE Advanced 2017 and admission to IITs and ISM.
JEE Advanced 2017 Important Dates are always announced much in advance to the month of the exam. You need to keep a track of the dates of JEE Advanced 2017 to know the order of events and avoid getting confused. You need to be well prepared before the time for applications, Admit card, Exam dates and other details.
|JEE Advanced 2017 Important Dates|
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Events
|JEE Advanced 2017 Online Registration/Application availability||28th April 2017|
|Online Registration/Application closes||2nd May 2017|
|Downloading JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card||10th to 21st May 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Exam
Paper 1 – 9 am to 12
Paper 2 – 2 pm to 5 pm
|May 21, 2017|
|Online Display of JEE Advanced 2017 ORS||31st May to 3rd June 2017|
|Request for Review of Responses||June 2017|
|Online display of JEE Advanced 2017 Answer Keys||4th June 2017|
|Feedback for candidates on Answer Keys||4th – 6th June 2017|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2017 AAT Result||11th June 2017|
|Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||11th – 12th June 2017|
|Architecture Aptitude Test||14th June 2017|
|Online declaration of JEE Advanced 2017 results of Architecture Aptitude Test||18th June 2017|
|Seat Allotment (Tentative)||June – July 2017|
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
The Admit card is a mandatory document and will have to be submitted by you at the time of the examination. It will be made available tentatively in the third week of May and you will be required to download it online via the official website. Do ensure that it is kept safely by you until the process of admissions is completed.
The Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2017 will comprise of the following information:-
- Name of candidate
- JEE Advanced roll number
- Photograph of candidate
- Candidate’s signature
- Date of birth
- Category of candidate
- Name and address of exam center allotted
- Language opted for question paper
JEE Advanced Answer key 2017 will be published on 4th June 2017 along with question papers and solutions. JEE advance answer keys of paper 1 and paper 2 will be published for candidates to observe their exam performance and get the idea of their performance. This exam i.e. the JEE Advance exam was previously held as the IIT JEE for admission in IITS and ISM. The papers consist of MCQ’S that is multiple choice question and numerical type questions and match the following types of questions. The result of this examination will be judged on the basis of final official answer keys which are published by the IIT’S.
JEE Advanced 2017 Results and Score Card
JEE Advanced 2017 Rank list
|Rank List||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Minimum % of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.0|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PWF rank list (CRL-PWD)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PWD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PWD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PWD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2017 Facts
- This year IIT Madras is organising the JEE Advanced exam.
- Registration Process for JEE Advanced will begin on April 28, 2017.
- Candidates who are among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-I of JEE Main 2017 will only be eligible for applying to JEE Advanced 2017.
- The candidate who appeared for their class 12th exam in 2016 or 2017 will be eligible.
- Candidates who appeared for the class 12 exam in the academic year 2014-15 but their result was declared after June 2015 can also apply.
- The candidate must have scored at least 75% aggregate marks in class 12th. The aggregate marks required for SC, ST, and PwD candidates are 60%.
- Total 23 IITs will participate in the exam.
- In the past, 9 other institutes including IISER, IISc, and IIST have also accepted JEE Advanced score.
- The category-wise cut-off marks for the top 20 percentile will be calculated on the basis of marks scored by all the successful candidates in their respective boards in the particular year.
- JEE Advanced 2017 exam will be conducted on May 21.
JEE Advanced 2017 Participating Institutes
The designated participating institutes are a list of engineering colleges that are ready to grant admissions to the undergraduate programs on the basis of your JEE Advanced rank. The list includes around 18 Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and ISM Dhanbad.
- Other institutes using JEE Advanced ranks for admissions are-
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli (RGIPT)
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER): Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
- IIST or Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Best of luck!