JAYPEE LEET 2018 is as JAYPEE Lateral Entry Entrance Exam and it is conducted every year on a state-level basis. It is Organized for admitting candidates through Lateral Entry and Admissions in the 2nd-year. Students interested in pursuing the 4-year Under-graduate course Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech/B.E). The LEET is organized by Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology, Guna. The seats for the Admission in the University are quite limited in the departments of Engineering. The Admission for students is available in different branches and different categories such as Computer-Science, Chemical, Information Technology, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Courses offered by the University is-
- B. Tech – Bachelor of Technology
- B. E. – Bachelor of Engineering
The branches of Engineering and Technology (with a total of 600 seats) is summarized below-
- B. Tech in Civil Engineering (CE) – with total of 90 seats available for admission
- B. Tech in Chemical Engineering (CHE)- with total of 30 seats available for admission
- B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering (MEC)- with total of 120 seats available for admission
- B. Tech in Electrical Engineering- with total of 90 seats available for admission
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)- with total of 60 seats available for admission
- B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) – with total of 210 seats available for admissions.
The admissions are provided to candidates as per their performance in the LEET exam. Candidates should fill the Application until the last dates of submission. There is an offline process for filling and submitting the application form. The candidates get the Application form from the official website of University or from the Registrar office of JAYPEE University in person and pay the fee of Application by cash of Rs. 500.
The students need to send the application form and all the documents to the address of The Registrar; JAYPEE University has some eligibility scales. It is required by every student to fulfill all scales, Age-limit. Students must lie on or after 1st October 1995 according to High-school education requirement. The candidate must have passed the 1st year of B.Tech/B.E program with 60% marks in minimum from any recognized Institution/University.
The fee structure of the University for the 2-year lateral admission is Rs 78,500 per semester, in which an amount of Rs 14,000 has been charged as Developmental fee and Rs 10,000 has been charged as Caution money, which is refundable after the final year during leaving the University.
JAYPEE LEET 2018 – An Overview
|Exam Name||Jaypee lateral entry entrance test|
|Known As||JAYPEE LEET 2018|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducted By||Jaypee University of Engineering and technology|
|Exam Type||Objective Type Questions|
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Exam dates-
No official dates have been yet released by the JAYPEE University. The official dates of LEET 2018 exam will be available on the official website of the University which is www.juet.ac.in/admisiion2018. A few tentatively available dares have been summarized below-
|Date of issue of Application forms||10th February 2018|
|End date of receipt of Application form||20th June 2018|
|Last date of uploading of Merit list||22nd June 2018|
|Issue of call letters for counseling||23rd June 2018|
|Last date of deposition for tuition fee||30th June 2018|
|Registration process begins||9th July 2018|
|Commencement of classes||11th July 2018|
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Minimum qualification required for direct admissions in the lateral entry admissions of 2nd year B.Tech program, is as per the rules and regulation norms of the Government of India/Government of Madhya Pradesh as per the approval from UGC/AICTE authority. The candidates have to provide their certificates to the University before 30th September to facilitate and regularize the process of admissions.
Academic Qualification – The candidates who have qualified the polytechnic diploma course of B.Tech of 1-year duration in the relevant branch of course selected in Lateral entry admissions. Another degree of Bachelor of Science of 3-year duration with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer-Science, and Electronics from any recognized University/Institute from any technical board of education or equivalent is required for admissions in Lateral entry of 2-year of B.Tech admissions. The minimum marks required to be scored in both the program is minimum 60% marks.
The candidates must have passed 1st year of B.Tech program from any recognized University/Institution with at least 60% marks.
Age-limit- The candidates applying must have a minimum age of 22 years during the year of applying for the exam. The date of birth of the candidate should be same in the Application of Jaypee LEET as mentioned in the documents. If the age of the candidate is found to be different from the document, the Application and registration of that candidate will be cancelled.
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Application process-
The candidates applying for the exam have to first register them on the official homepage of the University website in order to get the link of the Application form of Jaypee LEET 2018, under the lateral entry scheme for B.Tech course. The Application will be available to download from the link generated afterwards.
- The students are recommended strictly to all the terms and condition as well as all the instructions released by the University regarding the exam carefully before proceeding toward the form filling process. The information Brochure has to be downloaded and printed to be sent along with the duly filled Applications to the University.
- There are 2 ways available to get the forms, one is the candidates can get it in-person by paying and amount of Rs. 500 or get it by Post through a Demand Draft of Rs 500 drawn in the favour of the “Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology”, payable at Guna.
- The another way is to download the Application from the official website of the University, fill all the details inside the form and sent to the official address of the University along with a Demand Draft of Rs 500, mentioning the candidate’s full name, date of birth, & contact details at the back. For any of the process, the copies of some relevant documents like marks sheets of 10th, 12th, B.E/B.Tech 1st year, Diploma/B.Sc. degree program have to be attached before sending.
- The Application forms are not to be folded and mis-handled and it should be filled without any mistake and over-writing. The photograph must not be stapled in the box provided, it has to be pasted within the box size and the signature should be done within the space given.
- The Application form filled in any of the above mentioned ways is required not to be incomplete in any aspect. Any form which will be incomplete or partially filled or without any of the documents mentioned will be subjected to cancellation and the candidate will be un-eligible from the admission process.
As already mentioned, the Application fee of Rs 500 is required to be paid along the Application via a Demand Draft, drawn in the favour of the Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology”, payable at Guna. It can also be paid in-person from the University or any exam center of the University.
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Exam Pattern-
|Total Time Given to Finish the Exam||2 Hours|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||50 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks get awarded for each correct response.
1 marks deducted for every wrong answer
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus||Different for different socialization,
Physics and Mathematics will be common for all branches.
|Locations and Exam Centres||Tentatively 20 cities in India|
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Admit Card:
The admit card of Jaypee LEET 2018 will be made available on the official website of the University in online mode. The registered candidates can view and download their admit card 1 day prior the day of the exam of Jaypee LEET 2018.
- Visit the official website of the University and open the homepage where the admit card link flashes.
- Open it and enter the Application number and the date of birth, and submit.
- The admit card gets displayed on the screens. It has to be downloaded.
The admit card is an important document required to be taken along at the exam centers. The candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. The admit card contains all the relevant information which is mandatory to be checked as the identity of the candidate by the invigilators for the particular candidate. It contains candidate’s full name, date of birth, photograph, signatures, contact details, full address of exam center, date, day, timings and the duration of the exam.
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Syllabus-
As already mentioned there will be a different syllabus for different exams and for different categories available for the different branches of B.Tech for which details will be available on the website. The common subject for all the branches is Mathematics and Physics.
Mathematics – Calculus with Limits, Continuity, and Differentiability, Integration of functions of complex as well as real variables/numbers, differential equations, multiple integration and its applications, Relation & functions, Trigonometric equations, Vector and 3-Dimensiuonal Algebra. Vector Analysis with differentiation of vectors, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Line surface integral, Gauss Divergence theorem has been covered, along with Matrices and determinants, inverse matrix, eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
Physics – Physical Measurements, Electromagnetics: Laplace/Poisson’s/Maxwell’s Equations, Reflection & Refraction of electromagnetic waves from a dielectric surface, Total internal reflection, Poynting vectors, Theories of Relativity, Optics- Interference, Diffraction & Polarization. Special theory of relativity: Lorentz Transformation, Length contraction, Time dilation, and Mass energy relations. Lasers: Statistical distribution, spontaneous and stimulated emission, Ruby laser and HE-NE laser.
JAYPEE LEET 2018 Results-
The University will declare the results of Jaypee LEET 2018 on the official website of in online mode. The results will also be declared on the notice board/bulletin boards of the respective faculties/departments against which the candidates have given their exam. The results will get declared after few week post the exam date.
Candidates can view their results from the website by entering their Id proof details, roll number, and password. This will open the results page of that particular candidate.
JAYPEE LEET 2018 SELECTION/ADMISSION PROCESS:
- The selection process of candidates based upon merit-list. The candidates get notified regarding the further steps. They get the notification through e-mail and SMS.
- Toward their admission to the University, they have to be present at the University address as per the date and time allotted to them.
- The selected candidates required to pay the tuition fee along with some other fees of the University for their B.Tech program.
- The tuition fee of Rs. 60,000/semester is to be paid. And a development fee of Rs. 32,500/semester along with that Hostel charges (if applicable) Rs. 50,000/semester.
- Caution money of Rs. 10,000 paid at the time of Admission (refundable).
- The details of the other courses will be provided by the University.