Table of Content
- Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
- How To Apply for Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017?
- Admission Process of Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017
- Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017 Reservation Criteria
The wait is over for those of you who are interested for admission into Ph.D/M.Phil courses. The official announcement regarding Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D./M.Phil. Admissions 2017 is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about Ph.D/M.Phil Admissions of Jamia Millia Islamia.
Jamia Millia Islamia was founded in the year 1920 by Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar, Hakim Ajmal Khan, Shaikhul Hind Maulana Mahmud Hasan, Dr. Zakir Husain, Shri A.M. Khwaja, Dr. Mukhtar Ahmad Ansari, etc which is located in Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh. This institute is accredited ‘A’ by NAAC.
Applicants are called in by the university for various research programs offered in M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. In order to be eligible for research program candidates need to possess a Masters degree.
Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Online/Offline Application form available from||21st Mar, 2017|
Last Date Of Form Submission
|21st Apr, 2017|
Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
M.Phil. (West European Studies) , M.Phil. (Hindi) & M.Phil. (History)
Those of you who desire to seek admission need to possess a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks total or a grade equivalent in the concerned subject or allied subject.
Those seeking admission need to have a Masters Degree in Education or any related field like Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, etc with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks or an equivalent grade.
M.Phil. (Development Studies)
Candidates seeking admission should have a Master’s Degree in Economics/Sociology/Political Science/Public Administration/History/Human Rights/Allied subjects with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks or an equivalent grade.
M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts , M.Phil/Ph.D in Architecture & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
Ph.D. is a 2 – 5 years course in which the University provides the following fields of research:
|Art History and Art Appreciation||Educational Studies||Hindi||Mass Communication|
|IASE||History||International Studies||Applied Sciences and Humanities|
|Islamic Studies||Management||Civil Engineering||Persian|
|Physiotherapy and Rehab Sciences||Computer Engineering||Urdu||Interdisciplinary Basic Sciences|
|Electrical Engineering||Extension Education||Peace and Conflict Studies||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Commerce and Business Studies||Comparative Religions||Mechanical Engineering||Economics|
|Dalit and Minorities Studies||Law||Social Work||West Asian Studies|
|Computer Science||Sociology||Development Studies||Geography|
|Political Science||Media Governance||Mathematics||Psychology|
|Arab-Islamic Culture||Nanotechnology||Biosciences||Information Technology|
|Early Childhood Development||Biotechnology||Theoretical Physics||Chemistry|
The eligibility for all the specializations of Ph.D. program is as follows:
Those of you seeking admission into the doctoral program need to have a Second class Master’s Degree or an equivalent degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in the subject in which the candidate desires to pursue his/her research or in an allied subject.
All individuals seeking admission into any of the JMI’s offered courses would have to appear for an Entrance Test that is organized by JMI. The entrance test would be followed by personal interview. The syllabus along with the admit cards of the registered candidates would be made available on the official website of the University.
Admission test for Ph.D. courses would be done in order to shortlist candidates for consideration by the Committee of Studies/Board of Studies. The entrance test would consist of 2 parts. The first part would be conducted for a duration of 1 hour and will contain 50 MCQs, whereas the second part would be conducted for a duration of 2 hours and have a total of 50 MCQs and 50 subjective questions.
Following candidates would be exempted from the entrance test and can directly apply for the interview:
- Those who have qualified CSIR NET/UGC/JRF exam or any other equivalent exam or have successfully cleared regular M.Phil program from a recognized University.
- Teacher fellowship holders of the recognized college/institution/university only if a certificate of no objection is submitted by the employer.
- ICCR sponsored candidates
Interviews would be conducted in JMI campus, Delhi.
How To Apply for Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017?
Firstly you would have to visit the official website and download and fill the application form online. You would have to upload a scanned copy of your color passport size photo and signature. After completely filling up the application form candidates would have to pay the registration fee either by Net Banking/Credit/Debit card or by cash at any Indian Bank branch by downloading the challan from the admission portal.
The registration fees are as follows:
|For Ph.D. courses:||Rs 1,000/-|
|For M.Phil. courses (except Education):||Rs. 500/-|
|For M.Phil. (Education):||Rs. 700/-|
You would not have to upload any certificate, etc.
Admission Process of Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017
Selection would be based on the marks/rank secured by the candidate in the Entrance Test organized by JMI. You need to score a minimum of 40% marks in order to be eligible for selection in M.Phil. programs, and a minimum of 50% marks in order to be eligible for Ph.D. programs. Seats would be allotted according to JMI’s Admission Procedure. A list of selected and waitlisted candidates would be available on JMI’s notice board as well as on the official website. Candidates who are selected would be given a date to appear for the admission formalities. Candidates who are selected need to bring admit cards of the entrance test along with originals and self-attested copies of the following documents:
- 10+2 or equivalent exam’s mark sheet
- Age proof (High School/Senior Secondary School’s mark sheets)
- Proof of passing qualifying exam along with mark sheets.
- A Broad Research Proposal duly signed by the candidate on every page and having the signature of Supervisor/Co-supervisor on first and last page (for Ph.D.)
- A Consent Letter from the Co-Supervisor(s) specifying his/her field of specialization with full correspondence address (for Ph.D.)
- Proof of entitlement to any reserved category (if applicable)
- Certificate from M.B.B.S. doctor/Govt. Hospital certifying blood group
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute
- In case of gap period, certificate from class –1 gazetted officer to certify no indulgence in criminal behavior
- Certificate of No Objection by current employer (for evening/part-time/Sponsored courses)
- Proof of address along with name and location of nearest police station
Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. M.Phil. Admissions 2017 Reservation Criteria
Seats would be reserved as per the Government rules, the table below shows the exact percentage of seat reserved for different categories:
|Muslim Women Applicants||10%|
|Muslim OBC/ST Applicants||10%|
|Foreign Candidates (General)||10%|
|Foreign Passport Holding Students||10%|
|Internal (Jamia School) Students||5%|
|ICCR Sponsored Candidates||5%|
|Applicants with Disabilities||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrants||1 seat|
|Candidates from J&K||1 seat|