The official notification regarding Jadavpur University UG Admission 2017 is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about Jadavpur University UG Admissions 2017 such as its important dates, eligibility criteria and application process.
Jadavpur University is a public state university which is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. It has a total of 2 campus with its main campus located at Jadavpur and the newer campus at Salt Lake. In the year 1995 it was upgraded to a full-fledged university.
The University has been ranked within Top 10 Indian Research Institutions as per the report of International Comparative performance of India’s Research Base (2009-14). Later in 2014 it was re-accredited by NAAC with a CGPA of 3.68/4 point scale at A grade for a period of 5 years.
Jadavpur University UG Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Beginning of Online Application Process||05th Jan, 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration||28th Feb, 2017|
Jadavpur University UG Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You need to have cleared class 12th exam in general stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent exam from a recognized council/board with:
- Those who have passed in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects.
- A minimum of 60% marks in the above subjects taken together (45% for ST/SC/PWD) having a minimum of 60% marks in Maths (45% for ST/SC/PWD candidates) as well as cleared in English with at least 30% in the qualifying exam.
You need to have cleared class 12th exam in General Stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary education or equivalent exam from a recognized council/board with:
- Need to have cleared individually in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
- Scored at least 60% marks in the above subjects taken together (45% for ST/SC/PwD category) having a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics (45% for ST/SC/PwD category) as well as cleared in English with at least of 30% (for all category) in the said qualifying exam.
- You need to qualify either in the NATA 2016 organized by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi or in Paper 2 of JEE Mains organized by Central Board of Secondary Education.
Bachelor of Pharmacy Programme (4 Years)
You need to have cleared class 12th exam in General Stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent exam from a recognized council/board with:
- Those who have passing marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects.
- A minimum of 60% marks in the above subjects taken altogether (45% for ST/SC/PwD category) and having a minimum of 60% marks in Maths (45% for ST/SC/PwD category) as well as cleared in English with at least 30% in the qualifying exam.
Bachelor of Pharmacy – Ayurveda Programme (4 Years)
You need to have cleared class 12th from General stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board/Council with:
- Individual having passing marks in Mathematics/Biology, Physic, Chemistry, English and Vernacular (or any other 5th subject)
- At least 45% marks in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics or Biology all together for general candidates (40% for ST/SC category)
How To Apply for Jadavpur University UG Admissions 2017?
You need to fill the application form online on the official website of WBJEE. Ensure you select the Type E Application.
The WBJEE 2016 Application Form would be widely categorized into 3 steps:
- Filling of personal details
- Document uploading
- Fee payment
Firstly you would have to fill up your personal details. You need to be careful in filling up this information as you would not be allowed to make any correction later on.
Then you would be redirected to Document uploading. You need to upload all the images/documents in jpeg/jpg format. The size of the document should be A4 size and you would have to upload the following images and documents in the size which is mentioned below:
|PARTICULARS||SIZE OF FILE|
|Recent coloured Passport sized Photograph||4kb to 100kb|
|Own Signature||1kb to 30kb|
|Left Thumb Impression (LTI)||1kb to 30kb|
|Admit card of 10th standard examination for Age Proof||50 kb to 300 kb|
|Domicile Certificate||50 kb to 300 kb|
|Caste certificate (if applicable)||50 kb to 300 kb|
|DPWD Certificate (if applicable)||50 kb to 300 kb|
Once you have completed with uploading the necessary documents the system would get into the fee payment. You would have to pay an application fee of Rs.500 + Bank Service charges either by Credit/Debit card or by Allahabad Bank Challan.
After you have completed the above steps this would be the finish of your registration process. You need to take a print out of the confirmation page after submitting the application for future references. There would not need to send any documents by post.
Admission Process of Jadavpur University UG Admissions 2017
BE/B.Tech & B.Arch
For all Programmes except B.Pharm. (Ayurveda):
You would be selected based on the WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) 2017.
The exam would be on the basis of class XI, XII syllabus. There would be 2 papers. Paper I would be of Mathematics and would be conducted for a duration of 2 hours whereas paper II would be of Chemistry and Physics and would be conducted for a duration of 2 hours. Question in the exam would be of MCQs type. Both the papers questions would be classified into 3 categories – category 1, category 2 and category 3. The distribution of questions are as follows:
|SUBJECT||CATEGORY- I||CATEGORY- II||CATEGORY- III||TOTAL|
The category wise marking schemes are as follows:
Category 1- For every correct answer, one mark would be rewarded. 0.25 marks would be deducted for each incorrect answer. Incase you mark more than 1 answer, marks would be deducted.
Category 2- For every correct answer1 two marks would be allotted and there would be negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answers. In case you mark more than 1 answer, marks would be deducted.
Category 3- In this section more than 1 answer can be correct. There would be no negative marking in this section. 2 marks would be rewarded for each correct answer. However if you mark a correct and a incorrect answer then no marks would be awarded.