The JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling will start from 1st week of July 2018 (first round). JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling consists of three different rounds and only if you have a valid JEE Main 2018 rank you are allowed to appear for these counsellings.
You will have to pay a fee for appearing in the counselling for a seat. The preference and the counselling preference is provided to you on the basis of Merit/Ranks you secure in JEE mains exam.
About JAC Chandigarh 2018 Entrance Exam
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Register for JAC Chandigarh B.Tech 2018, by logging in using your roll number of JEE (Main)-2018 and Password generated during registration of JEE Main 2018.
- Payment the Registration Fees
- Online Choice Filling
- Mock Counselling
- Choice Locking and Printing of Locked Choices
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Engineering Entrance is conducted for the admissions into a huge number of colleges based in Chandigarh.
There is a compulsion for all those appearing for JAC to appear for JEE 2018 in order to be eligible for acquiring a seat in the respective college, this rule is being imposed by Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training.
The online forms of JAC, Chandigarh will be made be available only for those who qualify the JEE Mains exam with the requisite marks.
Do note that those of you with a valid rank in JEE is only going to be eligible for admissions in JAC, Chandigarh.
Engineering colleges lying under the aegis of JAC, Chandigarh are known to conduct no exam on their own. They are an autonomous body but their admission procedure is dependent upon the results of the JEE Mains.
Students qualifying for JEE Mains will only be able to fill the form and appear for the further counselling and admission processes.
Important Dates Related To JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling
|S.No.||JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2018 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Commencement of registration||June 2018|
|2.||Last date for registration||June 2018|
|3.||Document verification of reserved category candidates (other than SC/ST)||July 2018|
|1st round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2018|
|1.||Display of final list of eligible candidates for choice filling||July 2018|
|2.||Choice filling||July 2018|
|3.||Result of mock counselling||July 2018|
|4.||Locking of choices by candidates||July 2018|
|5.||First round of seat allotment||July 2018|
|6.||Submission of online fee||July 2018|
|7.||Withdrawal after first round of seat allotment||July 2018|
|2nd round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2018|
|1.||Choice submission and locking for 2nd round||July 2018|
|2.||Second round of seat allotment||July 2018|
|3.||Submission of online fee||July 2018|
|4.||Withdrawal after 2nd round of seat allotment||July 2018|
|3rd round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2018|
|1.||Choice submission and locking for 3rd round||July 2018|
|2.||Third round of seat allotment||July 2018|
|3.||Submission of online fee||July 2018|
|4.||Physical reporting, documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) for all admitted candidates at University Law Auditorium, P.U., Chandigarh||July to August 2018|
|5.||Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||August 2018|
|6.||Reporting at allotted institutes||August 2018|
|Spot Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling|
|1.||Display of vacant seats for SPOT Round||August 2018|
|2.||SPOT round choice submission and locking (candidates who do not deposit fee or who are not allotted seat up to 3rd round are required to pay online spot round participation fee of ₹40,000/-)||August 2018|
|3.||Spot round of seat allotment||August 2018|
|4.||Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) at the allotted Institutes||August 2018|
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling Procedure
Note- If the candidate wants to apply for both engineering and architecture, the candidate needn’t apply twice. Choose the option “Both” (Engineering and Architecture).
Eligibility For JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling
- Must have passed +2, 12th or equivalent from any of the recognised State or Private board with a minimum of 45 percent of marks.
- The SC/OBC/ST candidates are bound to have a minimum of 40 percent marks in the +2 and equivalent.
- Candidates who have cleared their +2 exams in the year of 2013 and 2014 are eligible for participating in admission procedures of JAC, Chandigarh.
- Candidates who have appeared for their HSC or 12th exams in the year of 2015 are eligible for filling the form of the JAC, Chandigarh. The candidate must also have appeared for IIT-JEE.
- Qualifying IIT-JEE Mains exam with at least 15 percent of marks is compulsory for the admissions.
- Candidates belonging from SC/ST/OBC background are bound to acquire a minimum of 10 percent marks in IIT-JEE mains exam.