IPU CET MBBS 2017 is an all India Level examination conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi for the admission to various undergraduate medical courses in India. Those applicants who are interested can fill the application form till 7th April 2017. The university is affiliated with University Grant Commission and has been graded ‘A’ by NAAC. About 84 colleges located at the different places in the Delhi are united with this university. GGSIPU offers a total of 264 seats for MBBS programs in around 3 affiliated colleges, out of which 57 seats are for General category, 43 for OBC, 41 reserved for SC and another 15 for ST. While 82 of the total seats are reserved for Army wards and only 1 seat is available for PWD category applicants.
Latest News On IPU CET MBBS 2017
April 4, 2017 – Today is last day to Register for IPU CET 2017 for LLM, BSCN, MBA (IT), MCA, B.Tech, MPH, MSCem, BJMC, MHERIT, MAMC, BCOM.
February 6, 2017 – Application Form, Registration Fee, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus.
|IPU CET 2017 MBBS Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Exam for MBBS|
|Commonly known as||IPU CET|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Nepal origin candidates are also eligible for this exam.
- Non-Resident Indians and Foreign Nationals are not eligible.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of his admission to the first year of the Course.
- Candidates should not be beyond 25 years of age during admission year.
- Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognised University/Board of any Indian State with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English (core or elective or functional).
- Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English (core or elective or functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology /Biotechnology(40% in case of SC/ST candidates, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions).
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Application Form
This examination will fall under NEET so the process of admission is based on National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)
- The application form will be released as per schedule.
- All candidates should fill up the form for registration with the University.
- The candidates shall have to fill the NEET roll no and other details in the online application form of the University after the same are issued by the relevant NEET organising body(s),
- The University notification for filling up the NEET roll no shall be put on http://www.ipu.ac.in candidates must see the University website periodically for this information.
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Exam Pattern
Below we have mentioned the IPU CET MBBS 2017 Exam Pattern you can have a look at it:
- The Exam will comprise of both stages of paper with 300 multiple choice questions of 900 marks.
- The period for the examination will be 3 hours.
- The Medium of the test will be in English only.
- The question will be asked from 11th and 12th syllabus based on PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects.
- The Distribution of subject and marks are as follows:
|Subject||No of question|
- Applicant one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer and will receive 3 marks for each correct answer.
- Applicant should bring a black ball point pen to the Examination Hall for writing/marking responses on OMR answer sheet.
To complete the application process successfully applicants have to pay their application fees for IPU CET MBBS 2017 is Rs 1000/- and it can be online only through Debit/ Credit Card.
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Admit Card
The admit card of the 1st stage can be downloaded in the month of April and the admit card of the 2nd stage can be downloaded in the month of May.
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Exam Dates
|IPU CET MBBS Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Last date for Registration||March 28 to July 3, 2017|
|IPU CET MBBS Stage I Exam||3rd week of April 2017 (2:00 pm – 5:00 pm)|
|IPU CET MBBS Stage I Result||2nd week of May 2017|
|IPU CET MBBS Stage II||3rd week of May 2017 (2:00 pm – 5:00 pm)|
|IPU CET MBBS Stage II Result||The First week of June 2017|
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Result
The exam results of IPU CET MBBS 2017 will be uploaded once it’s released on its official portal. The date regarding the release of results online will be in the first week of May 2017. On the basis of merit list candidates will be invited for attending a counselling process.
IPU CET MBBS 2017 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates need to login to the official site and check their counselling dates. Selected candidates have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling. Admission will be cancelled if candidates forget to bring their original mark-sheet. The counselling process would start tentatively by June 2017.