IMU CET 2018 Exam– The Indian Maritime University i.e. the IMU is the university that provides educational courses relating to the maritime sector.
This university is known as one of the centralized university that meets all the needs of the workforce. The university conducts a common entrance test known as IMU CET 2018 Exam every year to select candidates for various courses offered by them.
Read all about the IMU CET 2018 Exam below.
|IMU CET 2018 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name:||Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test|
|Also known as :||IMU CET|
|Exam level:||University Level|
|Conducting authority:||Indian Maritime University|
|Stream:||Engineering Entrance Exam|
IMU CET 2018 Courses Offered
There are the following courses offered by the IMU University to the candidates who pass the IMU CET 2018 Exam. These are as follows:
- Bachelor of Technology (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- Tech. (Marine Engineering)
- Sc. Shipbuilding and repair
- Sc. Nautical Science
- Sc. Maritime Science
- Master of Technology (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- Master of Technology (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
- MBA Port and Shipping
- MBA Logistics
- MBA Infrastructure
- PG Diploma in Marine Engineering
- PhD non-residential
- LLM (Maritime Law)
IMU CET Exam Center
The campuses of IMU CET 2018 may be located in various cities. These are:
IMU CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The exam officials have introduced a series of eligibility conditions that must be satisfied by the candidates in order to participate in the IMU CET 2018 Exam and avail the admissions to the various courses offered by the university. These vary according to the courses. The conditions for different courses are given as follows:
For DNS Course:
- Candidates are required to have passed the 12th class qualifying exam with at least 60% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates need to pass the B.Sc in any of the subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Electronics) with at least 55% marks.
- Tech. candidates need to have 50% in English to be eligible for IMU CET 2018.
For B. Sc. (3 years):
- Candidates need to have secured 60% marks in PCM subjects and 50% in English in the 12th If the candidates want to pursue B. Tech. in Shipbuilding and repair only must have minimum 50% marks.
For B. Tech. (Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture):
- Candidates need to have minimum 60% marks in PCM and 50% in English in the qualifying exam. Candidates who want admission in the 2nd year via IMU CET 2018 Exam need to have a diploma in the same disciplines.
For PG Diploma in Marine Engineering:
- Candidates need to have 50% in the B. Tech. / BE.
For M. Tech. (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering):
- Candidates need to have secured minimum 60% marks in B. Tech.
- Candidates need to have 50% marks in any discipline as per the norms of admission via IMU CET 2018.
For LLM (Maritime):
- Candidate needs to have scored 50% in Law.
The age limits for the candidates belonging to different categories are different for applying for the IMU CET 2017 Exam. It is as follows:
- General Category students: Age not greater than 25 years.
- SC/ST/PD candidates: Age not more than 30 years.
- SC candidates: 15% quota
- OBC Candidates: 27% (part of non-creamy layer)
- ST candidates: 7.5%
- DA candidates: 3%
IMU CET 2018 Exam Application Form
Candidates need to fill the application form for applying for the IMU CET 2018 Exam. Candidates can fill the online application form on the official exam portal of IMU. Read all the details regarding the application form below:
- The application form will be made available for filling in the month of April according to the two batches.
- The mode of application is online.
- The candidates need to log on to the official website and click on the link named “Apply Online”.
- There, a detailed application form for the Exam of IMU CET 2018 shall open that the candidates need to fill in. It shall ask the candidate to fill in the following details.
Date of birth
- Candidates must then submit the completed application form for the IMU CET 2018 Exam by clicking the submit button.
- Candidates need to upload the necessary documents required into the application form.
- Then the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by entering the bank slip details.
- After submitting the fee, candidates must take a print out of the application fee for future reference.
IMU CET 2018 Application Fee:
The application fee for the candidates belonging to different categories is as follows:
- For general category candidates: Rs.1000/-
- For Reserved category candidates: Rs.700/-
IMU CET 2018 Documents Required:
Candidates need to upload the following documents while filling the application form.
- Certificate of proof of reserved category.
- High school passing certificate or any other as the proof of age.
- Certificate of passing class 12th.
- Provisional certificate in case of graduation passing.
- Any other documents as required.
IMU CET 2018 Exam Pattern
The IMU CET 2018 Exam follows the exam pattern given below. Candidates are advised to go through it to prepare well for the exam.
- Type of questions asked: Multiple choice-type questions.
- The total number of questions: 180.
- The total time duration: 3 hours.
- Subjects from which questions are asked: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, General Knowledge, English, and Aptitude.
IMU CET 2018 Result
The result of the IMU CET 2018 Exam will be announced after the exam will be conducted successfully. Candidates who pass the exam shall be included in the result. On the basis of the result, a merit list of candidates will be prepared which shall decide which candidates will be selected. The candidates will be informed of the result of the exam of IMU CET 2018 on the online official portal only. Candidates can enter their roll number and date of birth to check their result.
IMU CET 2018 Exam Dates
|Online Application Process Begins.||1st Week of April 2018*.|
|Online Application Process Ends.||2nd Week of May 2018*.|
|Admit Card Availability.||3rd Week of May 2018*.|
|Entrance Examination Date.||1st Week of June 2018*.|
|Result Declaration Date.||2nd Week of June 2018*.|
|Online Counselling Begins.||2nd Week of June 2018*.|