Table of Content
Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test widely known as ILICAT 2017 is a National level exam. This exam is conducted for the admission of aspirants in 2 year L.L.M programme, Ph.D in Law, Diploma programms for the year 2017-18. The Institute is conducted by Indian Law Institute, New Delhi and was declared as a deemed university in 2004 by University Grants Commission. Applicants those who are interested can fill the application form from May, 2017. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of marks scored in ILICAT exam after which they will be called for viva- voice. Final selection of the applicants will be done on the basis of performance in both entrance test and viva. The ILICAT 2017 entrance exam shall be in the month of June, 2017. Applicants will get details about their eligibility, exam pattern, application form and dates of ILICAT below.
|ILICAT 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||ILICAT|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Law Institute, New Delhi|
|Exam Stream||Law Entrance Exam|
ILICAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Applicant who fails to satisfy the below conditions will not be eligible for the examination:
- Applicant should have completed their L.L.B degree from a recognized institution/University to apply for the examination.
- Applicant scored an aggregate of at least 50% marks in their graduation can only be eligible for the examination.
- Applicants appearing for the final year are also eligible to apply for ILICAT.
ILICAT 2017 Application Form
Applicants can fill the ILICAT 2017 application form from the steps given below:
Step 1: Applicants can download their ILICAT 2017 application form online form www.ili.ac.in or they can also be brought personally or by post from the Institute itself.
Step 2: Applicants need to fill in their personal, educational and other details as required in the form.
Step 3: After filling up the form applicant need to paste their recent passport size photograph as required and submit it.
Step 4: For the completion of the procedure applicant need to send their filled form to the following address along with the DD.
Indian Law Institute,
Bhagwan Dass Road,
New Delhi – 110001
For any details applicants can visit the official website.
ILICAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The ILICAT 2017 test comprises of 3 parts and a total 144 multiple choice questions of subjective and objective type.
- The total time for the test is 150 minutes.
- Applicants 1 mark will be added for each correct answer given for objective type questions and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer given.
- Applicants will obtain 5 marks for every right answer given in subjective type questions.
- The distribution of paper according to the questions and marks is as follows:
|Section||No of Questions||Marks|
- The syllabus of different section is given below:
Part- 1: General knowledge and English language
Part- 2: Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, IPC, Public International Law, Commercial Law (Contract and Specific Relief Act, Partnership and Sale of Goods Act), Law of Torts, Law of Limitation and Environmental Law.
Part- 3: Legal writing skills
ILICAT 2017 Exam Dates
|ILICAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Sale of Prospectus Containing Application Form||May, 2017
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||June, 2017|
|ILICAT 2017 Exam Date||June, 2017|
|Notification of Result on the Notice Board and Website of the Institute||June, 2017|
|Group Discussion and viva-voce of short listed candidates||July, 2017|
|Display of First Merit List||July, 2017|
|Display of Second Merit List||July, 2017|
|Display of Third Merit List, if required||July, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.