The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar has declared an admission notification inviting candidates to apply for its Master of Science (MS) by research programme. All those who are eligible and interested are requested to apply online at the official website www.iitrpr.ac.in.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar has announced an admission notification inviting eligible, interested candidates to apply for its Master of Science (MS) by research programme offered in the following departments:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
And Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme offered in the departments of:
- Humanities Center of Biomedical Engineering
- Center of Materials and Energy Engineering for the academic session 2017
PhD in Engineering:
- All of you who are interested in applying must be holding a Bachelors degree followed by a Masters degree in an appropriate area
- MTech/ME/MS or equivalent qualification in computer science and engineering or equivalent degree with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55 per cent marks for SC/ST)
PhD in Sciences:
- All of you who are interested in applying must be holding a Masters or equivalent degree in chemistry/ physics/ mathematics with first class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% scores (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Students meeting above requirement should also fulfill one of the qualifications with applicable certificate in UGC/CSIR NET-JRF or NBHM,GATE or equivalent or DST-INSPIRE Fellowship
PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences:
- All of you who are interested in applying must be holding a Master or equivalent degree in English Literature, cognitive science, psychology, economics, linguistics or related discipline with 55% (or 6.0 grade point out of 10)
- Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill one of the following additional requirements: UGC/CSIR- NET or GATE or equivalent qualification or DST-INSPIRE Fellowship
Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering:
- Those interested in applying should be holding a Master’s degree in sciences (MSc/MS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks or 6.5 grade points on a scale of 10 (55 percent marks for SC/ST). A valid GATE score or qualified in UGC/CSIR/NET/INSPIRE fellowship, or equivalent
- An MBBS degree with at least of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). A minimum of 55 per cent marks (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10) for SC/ST
- Those interested in applying should have pursued BTech/BE/MSc/MCA in computer science and allied branches or equivalent with minimum grade point average of 6.5/10 or 60 per cent of marks and a valid GATE score
- All of you who are IIT BTech degree holders with a minimum CGPA score of 8.0/10 (for SC/ST7.5 CGPA) are also eligible to apply even without GATE score
You would be selected based on an entrance test/interview organized by the institute.
How to apply:
All of you those who are eligible and interested are requested to apply online at the authorized website www.iitrpr.ac.