Table of Content
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2016 – Online requisition for the IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2016 will be obtainable tentatively from March 2016. Applicants who have valid GATE scores will be considered if they meet the other stated Suitability Criteria. Applicants must apply online even if the GATE 2016 Result is not proclaimed. The GATE 2016 particulars can be conversed later to the institution.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech 2016 Important Dates
|Online Application Process||March, 2016|
|Last Date for Applying Online||April, 2016|
|Last date for deposit of fee||April, 2016|
|Last Date of receiving of downloaded Application Form at PG Admission Office, IIT Roorkee||April, 2016|
|Uploading of call letters for Interview/Written Test/Counseling||May 2016|
|Medical Examination for Persons with Disability (PD) Candidates by the Medical Board||June, 2016|
|Interview/Written Test||June, 2016|
|Announcement of merit list after Interview/Written Test
|Counseling for admission||June, 2016|
|Last date for Withdrawal of Admission Offered||June, 2016|
|Display of upgraded list including Waitlisted Candidates
(On Institute Website)
|Date of Registration||July, 2016|
|Classes Begin||July, 2016|
|Final Counselling cum Registration of the Waitlisted Candidates in Merit for the vacant seats, if any||July, 2016|
M.Tech Programmes at IIT Roorkee Courses:
- Alternate Hydro Energy Centre
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Sc. & Engineering
- Centre for Transportation Systems
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management
- Centre for Nanotechnology
- Earthquake Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Paper Technology
- Water Resources Development & Management
IIT Roorkee M.Tech 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have a valid GATE score in the respective discipline. Applicants must have clearly passed their succeeding degree with at least of 60 percent marks or CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale (for SC/ST/PD category applicants, this percentage is 55 percent or 5.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale).
Applicants must have clearly passed any one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/ Technology/
- Master’s degree in Chemistry/ Mathematics/Life Sciences/ Physics associated subjects from educational Institutions sanctioned by UGC/ Government.
- Associate Membership holders of the professional bodies for admission into their parental disciplines from the following:
The Aeronautical Society of India (eligible only for structures, aerodynamics and propulsions streams)
The Institute of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIIM)
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (AMIETE).
The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
How to Apply for IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2016?
- Candidates must register first for the Post-Graduate admissions.
- Login and Apply online: After successful Registration, applicants must login and fill the online Application Form.
- They must conclude Application Form and submit it.
- Next, they must download the Application Form and Bank Challan instantaneously. They must take a print out of the whole file on A4 size white sheets.
- Applicants must deposit the fee in any branch of State Bank of India on or before the last date.
- The Bank will recollect a copy and will return two photocopies to the applicants. Out of these two photocopies, applicants must recollect their photocopy with you and attach the IITR’s copy with the application form.
- Applicants must paste their current photograph (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) in the selected place in the printout of the application form and sign at the selected place.
IIT Roorkee Contact Details
PG Admissions Office,
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,