Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (University of Roorkee) is a leading institution of engineering and technology in India. University of Roorkee founded the Dept. of Management Studies in 1998 to convey high quality formal education in management science through a widespread two year regular MBA program. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee calls in applications for admission to its two years Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program for the academic year 2016.
IIT Roorkee MBA Admission 2016 Important Dates
|CAT Result will be announced||Second Week of January 2016|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||01st February 2016|
|Last Date of Deposit of Fee||03rd February 2016|
|Last Date for Receipt of completed Application with supporting Documents at PG Adm. Office||06th February 2016 (Saturday)|
|Date of Group Discussion and Interview||25th to 28th February 2016|
|Declaration of Result||02nd May 2016|
IIT Roorkee MBA Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to have a bachelors degree in any discipline of Engineering/Technology with first class or its equivalent or a masters degree with first class or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized institution or university. Candidates who are currently in their final year are also eligible to apply.
Candidates who belong to General/OBC category and seek admission to the MBA program need to have a minimum of 60percent marks or CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale at qualifying degree level; but for SC/ST/PD category candidates the percentage is 55percent or 5.00 CGPA on a 10point scale.
The percentage is considered based on aggregate marks/CGPA awarded in qualifying degree exam.
Candidates who belong to OBC category need to submit a hard copy of category certificate only in the format which is available on the website, OBC Non-creamy layer certificate need to have been issued not before 31st March 2015 by a capable authority and duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Full-Time Sponsored Candidates: Candidates need to have at least two years of full time work experience in responsible capacity in a Registered Firm/Company/Industry/Educational and Research Institution/Govt./Quasi in the relevant field in which admission is being hunted. The educational institution should be acknowledge by AICTE.
Number of Seats: The total number of seats available in MBA program is 95seats.
Reservations: As per Government of India rules
IIT Roorkee MBA Admission 2016 Application Fees
GEN/OBC Candidates – Rs.1600/-
SC/ST/PD Candidates – Rs.800/-
How to Apply for IIT Roorkee MBA Admission 2016?
- Apply Online
- Apply for MBA Program
- Finalize Application Form
- Download Application Form and Bank Challan simultaneously (Take a print out of the entire file on A4 size white sheets)
- Deposit of Fee on next working day after submitting the online application
- You need to deposit the above fee in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country on or before the final date which is 3rd Feb 2016. (Bank Service Charges of Rs40/- is extra) on downloaded bank challan from alongwith completed application form.
- Banks will keep a copy and will return two copies to you. Out of these copies you need to keep the candidates copy with you and attach the IITR’s copy with the application form. Completely filled up applications along with appropriate enclosures need to be sent by Speed Post or Registered Post or it can be given personally to PG Admissions Office, Indian Institute over personally to “The Chairman, PG Admissions Office, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee-247667”, Uttarakhand so as to reach him on or before 6th February 2016
IIT Roorkee Contact Details:
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
(Department of Management Studies),
PG Admission Office: IIT Roorkee-247667 (Uttarakhand)
Tel.: +91-1332 285875
Websites: www.iitr.ernet.in or http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in