IIST M.Tech 2018 – The Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST) is a government- aided institution and deemed university for the study and research of space science from Thiruvananthapuram.
The Institution was founded in the year of 2007 by ISRO under the Department of Space, Government of India. The institute offers Masters of Technology (M.Tech) programs in all disciplines every year at post- graduation level.
The admission process in IIST is based on their performance & personal interview in GATE examination. The Institute welcomes candidates and grants admission to shortlisted GATE 2018 qualifiers in several M.Tech courses.
Each M.Tech programme at IIST offers 6 seats. Candidates seeking admission in IIST for M.Tech program need to fill the online application form from the official portal of IIST which will be available in April 2018, candidates are requested to fill the online application form before May 2018.
Candidates should pay the online application fee by generating challan. Applications submitted online only will be considered for processing under any circumstances.
To learn more about IIST M.Tech 2018, including its eligibility criteria, application form, counselling process etc here in this article.
IIST M.Tech 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates only who are Indian can apply to IIST M.Tech 2018
- The upper age limit is 28 years as on May 2018. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD category will be eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India Orders.
- Academic requirement includes a BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree with minimum aggregate marks of 60% marks or CGPA 5 out of 10.
- Candidate should also have a valid score on GATE examination.
- Final year candidates can also apply under provisional basis and have to be eligible by October 31, 2018.
IIST M.Tech 2018 Application Form
The application form of IIST M.Tech 2018 will be available in the month of April 2018 and has to be filled online through the official portal of IIST.
The last date of submitting application forms will be in the month of May 2018. The candidate is also required to pay the application fee before the last date of online application payment.
- Candidates must register online first.
- Candidates should fill all personal, educational and communicational details.
- Candidates should upload their recent photographs and signature in soft copy (scanned).
- No selfies will be accepted as recently updated photographs.
- Candidates must note IIST Registration Number and Login Password allotted to them.
- Next, candidates must complete their Course Registration.
- Candidates must pay the application fees thereafter by downloading the SBI Challan.
- The application fees must be paid at a nearest SBI Bank 2 days after completing the IIST Registration.
- After payment, candidates must upload the IIST copy of the challan (scanned)
Application fee procedure
Candidates need to pay Rs. 600/- per course for a general category whereas Rs. 300/- for SC, ST, PWD and female candidates. Application fee needs to pay via challan.
IIST M.Tech 2018 Important dates
|Registration||6th April to 30th May 2018|
|Last Date for payment of Application fee through challan||3rd May 2018|
|Announcement of Results||17th May 2018|
|Interview date||5th June to 9th June 2018|
Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
The university offers M.Tech. programme in the following disciplines:
- Thermal and Propulsion
- Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- Structures and Design
- RF and Microwave Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- VLSI and Microsystems
- Control Systems
- Earth System Sciences
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Machine Learning and Computing
- Materials Science and Technology
- Optical Engineering
- Solid State Technology
IIST M.Tech 2018 Result
Candidates who have valid GATE scores will be shortlisted and called for an interview/written test. Based on the result of the interview/written test and GATE score, a merit list would be drawn for the counselling of seats. Candidates ranked higher in the IIST M.Tech 2018 merit list will be given first priority for the interview.
IIST M.Tech 2018 Counselling
The counselling of IIST M.Tech 2018 will be held in the month of June/July 2018 after the declaration of the shortlisted candidates for the personal interviews. Candidates will be allotted seats based on the following conditions:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for a written test/interview on the basis of GATE scores.
- Written test/interview qualified candidates will be offered seats as per the programme-specific and category-specific merit list.
- Candidates who are ranked higher on the merit list will be given preference in IIST M.Tech 2018 counselling.
- The candidate will have to bring along originals of all supporting documents for verification on counselling day.
- Seats will be confirmed on paying the fee for the programme for which admission is sought.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Dept.of Space, Govt.of India
Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547 Kerala, INDIA