Here in this article, you would get complete details about IIPS Mumbai MA, M.Sc. and MPS Admissions 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, admission procedure, exam dates and various other important notifications.
IIPS (International Institute for Population Sciences) is a public university which was founded in the year 1956 in Mumbai and was earlier called as International Institute for Population Studies. Apart from research and teaching activities, the university also provides consultancy to the Government and Non-Government organizations and other academic institutions.
The following PG courses are offered to its students in selected discipline by the university:
|M.A. /M.Sc. in Population Studies||2||50|
|M.Sc. in Bio-Statistics||2||50|
|Master of Population Studies (MPS)||1||50|
IIPS Mumbai MA, M.Sc. and MPS Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Last date to Apply||01st Apr, 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||26th May, 2017|
|Date of Interview||26th – 27th May, 2017|
IIPS Mumbai MA, M.Sc. and MPS Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For Master of Arts [MA] (Population Studies) , Master of Science [M.Sc] (Habitat and Population Studies) & MA:
- You need to have cleared bachelor’s degree in social sciences consisting of Statistics and Mathematics from recognized universities in India or abroad with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in all subjects
- Preference would be given to those who possess bachelor’s degree in one of the following subjects: Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Social Work, Geography and Anthropology, Sociology, Rural Development & Political Science.
- For non-social science background individuals, they need to possess experience in health and population related field.
- Individuals need to be more than 25 years on or before June 30th.
For Master of Science [M.Sc] (Biostatistics and Epidemiology):
- You need to have a bachelor’s degree in main subjects of statistics or mathematics or with a minimum of 2 papers or statistics or mathematics with at least 55% of total marks in all subjects from recognized universities in India or abroad.
- Your age should not be more than 25 years on or before 30th June.
For Master of Population Studies [MPS]:
- You need to have a post graduate degree in social sciences consisting of any of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Economics, Social Work, Sociology, Geography, and Anthropology with at least 55% total marks in all subjects.
- You should not be more than 25 years on or before June 30
How to Apply for IIPS Mumbai MA, M.Sc. and MPS Admission 2017?
- Individuals can attain the application form and prospectus in person or by post on sending a self-addressed Rs 50/- stamped envelope on or before 25th March to the following address:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic)
International Institute for Population Sciences
Deonar, Mumbai- 400 088
- You can register yourself by submitting completely filled up applications and all the necessary enclosures along with the application fee of Rs 500/- through DD which is drawn from any nationalized Bank in favor of “The Director, IIPS, Mumbai” to the Assistant Registrar (Academic). Individuals can also submit the processing fee in cash at the university cash counter.
- Marks sheets of all previous semesters.
- No objection certificate from employer.
- Category certificate (if applicable)