Table of Content
A lot of us are confused when then official announcement of IIMB MBA would be released. We are glad to say that the official announcement regarding IIMB MBA Admissions 2017 is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about the admission process of IIMB MBA such as its exam dates, eligibility criteria and many other important notifications.
IIMB (IIM Bangalore) is ranked among the top institutes in management education category in India. It strives to equip students with respect to today’s scenario to face the upcoming challenges of tomorrow. IIMB awards students a 2 year, full time residential PGP (Post Graduate Program in Management) which is equivalent to MBA offered by other universities.
2 ways are there for admission to the PGP: one is for Indian students and the other is for overseas individuals. Both have different admission proceeding and application processes.
IIMB MBA Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|CAT-2016 Registration||08th Aug – 22nd Sep , 2016|
|CAT-2016 Exam Date||04th Dec, 2016|
IIMB MBA Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
One of the most important eligibility criteria for CAT 2016 is academic qualification. It is the minimum qualification or degree which a candidate needs to possess in order to apply for CAT 2016. The following academic qualifications need t be met in order to appear for CAT 2016.
- You need to have completed your Bachelor’s degree program in any stream from a recognized university or need to have an equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Ministry of HRD, India.
- The minimum percentage required in Bachelors degree in order to appear for CAT 2016 is 50% for General and NC-OBC candidates. For other candidates who fall into reserved categories, the minimum aggregate % required in Bachelor program is 45%.
- Those of you who are awarded grades or CGPA, the conversion of grades or CGPA would be according to the process which is certified by the University or Institute.
- Those of you who are in the final year of the program or awaiting their result can also apply. In such cases you would have to submit a certificate which is issued by Registrar/Principal of the institution/college by the last date. The certificate needs to mention that you have successfully completed the requirements of the course.
How to Apply for IIMB MBA Admissions 2017?
Those of you seeking admission into MBA program at IIMB need to visit the official website and apply.
The registration fee is as follows:
|INR 1700/-||For General and NC-OBC candidates|
|INR 850/-||For SC/ST/ OBC candidates|
In order for admission into IIM Bangalore, you would have to select the name of the program which is offered at the institutes as per their preference. Along with the preference of the program candidates would have to enter their choice of city for interview.
Selection Process of IIMB MBA Admissions 2017
Admission into PGP would be offered to both domestic & international candidates. The admission panel would judge candidates based on certain parameters which are mentioned below:
- Academic Performance:
IIMB picks up students who perform consistent and well in their high school and graduation level. The next criteria would be the performance of the students in CAT 2016.
IIMB has developed an internal 2 phase admission process to select the meritorious students into its PGP program. The first phase is applicable for those of you who have qualified in CAT 2016 o determine the number of students to be called for the personal interview round.
- Written Ability Test (WAT):
During the Personal Interview process candidates need to write a short note on a topic which would be given by IIMB authorities. The topic would be selected from current political, economic & business affairs. The time given to write the short note would be around 30 minutes.
- Personal Interview:
During Personal Interview, candidates academic skills, work quality and experience would be evaluated. The short note would be evaluated separately. The marks of written test & interview would be used inorder to identify the collective marks, which would act as a pre-selection parameter for the second phase of selection.
|CATEGORY||QA||DI & LR||VERBAL ABILITY & READING COMPREHENSION||TOTAL|