The Exam of IBPS PO 2016 will be held in the month of October 2016. The exact dates are not yet released and will be available with the release of the official notification. The exam will be held on All India Level for recruitment on the post of Probationary Officer in the various banks under the exam. The exam will be held in various sessions on various dates which will most probably fall in October 2016 (Week 1 or 2).
The following post will showcase all the details on the IBPS PO 2016 exam, its eligibility norms, application form details, reservation norms and the important dates etc.
The complete examination process will encompass TWO exams one will be held in the 1st and 2nd week of October and the main exam will be held in October 2016 (Week 4). The IBPS PO 2016 is a highly reputed exam and attracts a huge number of candidates throughout the nation. Therefore, the candidates are advised to prepare accordingly for the exam.:
IBPS PO 2016 Exam Dates
|IBPS PO Recruitment 2016 Notification date||16/07/2016
|IBPS PO Application form submission starts from||26-07-2016|
|Submission of IBPS PO Application form Last date||13-08-2016|
|Last date for printing / reprint||13-08-2016|
|Online Payment of Application Fees||26-07-2016 to 13-08-2016.|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||October 2016|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||03-10-2016 to 08-10-2016.|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||October 2016|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||16-10-2016, 22-10-16 and
|IBPS PO Prelims Result||November 2016|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam date for CWE VI||20-11-2016.|
|IBPS PO Mains Admit Card download||November 2016|
|IBPS PO Mains Result||December 2016|
|IBPS PO Interview Date||January / February 2017|
|IBPS PO Provisional Allotment date||April 2017|
The eligibility criteria will be a set of some norms of admissions which must be satisfied by the candidates in order to be eligible for exam and the recruitments. The applications will be invited from only the eligible candidates and any of the applications received from the ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected.IBPS PO 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who apply for the IBPS PO 2016 despite being ineligible will be rejected at the time of verification and the fee submitted by them till that stage will be FORFEITED.
- To be termed as eligible for the exam, the age of the candidates must be in between 21 to 30 years.
- It is mandatory that the candidates are INDIAN NATIONALS to be eligible for the Exam of IBPS PO 2016.
- The candidates must have completed their graduation degree with at least 60% marks. This minimum marks requirement has been relaxed by 5% for the candidates of reserved categories.
After having read the eligibility norms of the exam, the candidates can move to the details on the application form.
IBPS PO 2016 Application Form
- The applications will be released online and should be submitted online. The candidates should avoid obtaining the application forms from the sources claiming to be official agents as there will be NO agents.
- As soon as the application form has been released, we will host the link for the same which can be used for the form submission for the Exam of IBPS PO 2016.
- All the candidates will be allowed to fill only ONE form. The forms will be released around July 2016 (Week 2).
- Online registration will be an integral part of the online form submission which will comprise of the submission of the following details:
Date of Birth
Email ID and
- After the submission of these details in the online form of the IBPS PO 2016 Exam, the candidates will be sent the login details on their Email IDs. They are to be used for the submission of the complete information in the online form.
- The online form will ask for the details such as:
Address for Communication
Region and Bank Preferences
The language of Exam etc.
- The next step will be to remit the fee for the form via the following modes:
Online Mode: Credit or Debit Card
Offline Mode: Bank Challan
IBPS PO 2016 Application Fee:
- General: Rs 600
- Reserved Category: Rs 100
IBPS PO 2016 Exam Pattern
- The exam will comprise of MCQs divided into 5 sections.
- Each right answer will fetch ONE mark and the wrong answer will fetch -0.25 marks.
- The exam will be held in two phases – Preliminary Exam and Main Exam.
- The duration for the pre exam will be ONE hour and the Main exam will be 2 hours.
IBPS PO 2016 Admit Card
- The admit cards of the exam will be released for the candidates who have completed the form submission within specified time and in the correct format.
- The admit cards will be hosted online on the official website and the download links will be hosted here for all the candidates on this page.
- It is important that the admit cards are brought in the IBPS PO 2016 Exam hall as, without them, the entries will NOT be allowed.
- The admit cards are to be kept safe and in good condition even after the exam as they will be required in the verification rounds.
IBPS PO 2016 – Results:
- The results will also be released online on the official website of the exam.
- We will host the link to check the exam results once the Institute has released them.
- The results of the preliminary examination will be used to select the candidates for the IBPS PO 2016 Main Exam.
IBPS PO 2016 – Selection Process:
- The selection process for the recruitment will be comprising of the following FOUR steps:
As the exam is yet to be announced, the dates and the links given here are tentative. As soon as the notification has been released by the institute, we will host all the details on this page.