The Himachal Pradesh Technical University conducts HPCET 2018 Exam every year for the students to take admissions in Engineering activities to several institutes in states of Himachal Pradesh.
On the basis of JEE Main 2018 or HPCET 2018 merit ranks, the doors for Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech) opens wide for all the qualified aspirants in several engineering colleges of Himachal Pradesh.
Approximately 30,000 and above students competing with each other for limited 7,292 seats in various engineering institutes of Himachal Pradesh every year.
This year HPCET will commence in the month of May, it is scheduled in May 2018, it is offline mode examination. All the details regarding HPCET 2018 as in its Eligibility criteria, Application form process, Exam pattern, Admit card, Exam dates and results are mentioned below.
|HPCET 2018 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||HPCET|
|Exam Category||Under Graduate|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU)|
HPCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants of the exam must fulfil the conditions set for the exam by the organising body and eligibility norms set by the authorities. It’s important that all aspirants meet the eligibility criteria of HPCET 2018 before they start filling the application form for the entrance exam.
- The candidates need to have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in class 12th along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- Candidates for HPCET 2018 must have passed XII/10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognised board/university with at least 45% aggregate marks for general category candidates and at least 40% marks for reserved category candidates.
|10+2 or equivalent||Aggregate of 45% (General)
Aggregate of 40% (Reserved)
HPCET 2018 Exam Dates
Availability of HPCET 2018 Application Form
First week of March 2018
Last Date to Submit Filled Application Form
First week of May 2018
Release of HPCET 2018 Admit Card
First week of May 2018
HPCET 2018 Examination
Second week of May 2018
Release of Answer Key of HPCET 2018
Second week of May 2018
Announcement of Result
Last week of May 2018
Commencement of Counselling
First week of June 2018
HPCET 2018 Application Form
- HPCET 2018 Application Form will be available in online mode only, for taking part in the entrance exam, the application form needs to be submitted to the HPTU.
- The candidates can download HPCET application form from its official website, which will be available through The Himachal Pradesh University official portal from March 2018.
- Applying for HPCET 2018 must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria of HPCET and fill the application form before the deadline.
- The application fee of HPCET 2018 for the General candidates is Rs 1250/-
- The application fee of HPCET 2018 for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/BPL category is Rs. Rs 1100/-
- The candidates can remit the fee for application via credit/debit card or through e-challan
HPCET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Sr. No||Subjects||Total Question||Marks Allotted|
- HPCET 2018 will be conducted in 3 hours
- Each of the 3 sections will have the same value of 50 questions each.
- The test will be conducted in English.
- Each correct answer will score 2 marks, Half or 1/4th marks will be the negative marking for each incorrect answer.
HPCET 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card of the HPCET 2018 exam will be released in the second week of May 2018 and will be made available online by Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
- The admit card of HPCET is an important document and candidates must download and take a printout of HPCET 2018 hall ticket or admit card and carry it to the exam centre.
Please Note: If a candidate fails to bring the admit card on the exam day, then he/she shall not be permitted to sit for the written exam and hence the selection process.
HPCET Admit Card 2018 content
- Name of the applicant
- Father‘s name
- Photograph of the candidate
- Address of the test centre
- Test date
NOTE – All the candidates are requested to cross check the details, spellings and error on an e-admit card (online) before downloading their respected admit card. In case any discrepancy occurs in the admit card, it must be brought to the notice of Controller of Examinations, H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur-177001 (H.P.) at the earliest.
HPCET 2018 Result
The result of the exam of HPCET 2018 will be released in last week of May 2018, it will be determined by the exam conducting authorities and will be uploaded on the website of Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
The rank card & the result of HPCET 2018 show the score and rank of every candidate. However, just appearing in the merit list of HPCET 2018 doesn’t confirm admission of any candidate they have to satisfy the eligibility criteria and the availability of seats in counselling and admission process.
HPCET Participating Institutes 2018
|1.||J.N. Govt. Engineering College, Bhechandhar, Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi|
|2.||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pragatinagar, Distt. Shimla|
|3.||Govt. Engg. College Jeory, Rampur|
|4.||Rajiv Gandhi Government Engineering College Campus Nagrota Bagwan, District Kangra|
|5.||Bells Institute of Management & Technology, Knowledge City Mehli, Distt. Shimla|
|6.||DevBhumy Institute of Engineering & Technology, Village Chandpur, Tehsil Haroli, Dist. Una|
|7.||Green Hills Engineering College, Gandhi Gram, Kumarhatti Nahan Road, P.O. Bohali, Dist. Solan|
|8.||Himachal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Vidyanagar|
|9.||K.C. Group of Research and Professional Institute, Pandoga|
|10.||Himachal Institute of Technology, Rampur Ghat Road|
|11.||IITT College of Engineering, Kala Amb, Kala Amb|
|12.||L.R. Institute of Engineering & Technology|
|13.||Shiva Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bilaspur|
|14.||T.R. Abhilashi Memorial Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mandi|
|15||Himalayan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kala Amb|
|16||MIT College of Engineering & Management, Barsar|
|17||SIRDA Institute of Engineering Technology NH-21, Naulakha|
|18||Vaishno College of Engineering, Nurpur|
B.Tech programmes offered by participating institutes of HP CET 2018
|1||Computer Science & Engineering|
|2||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
HPCET 2018 Syllabus for Physics
- The laws of Motion
- Physics and Measurement
- Motions Rotation
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Theory of Gases Dynamics
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Power
- The Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- The Current and the Magnetic Effects of Magnetism
- Electronic Equipment
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Communication Systems
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Hands-on Skills
HPCET 2018 Syllabus for Chemistry
- Matters States
- Atomic Structure
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Redox reactions and electricity
- Chemical Kinetics
- Co – Ordination compounds
- Oxygen-containing organic compounds
- Surface Chemistry
- Periods of properties and classification of the elements
- Isolation of principles and methodology metals
- S – Black Elements
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- P – block Elements
- D – F Block Elements
- Refined and depiction of organic compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Some of the basic principle of organic chemistry
- Chemical bonding and Molecular structure
- Chemistry of Everyday Life
- Nitrogen-rich organic compounds
- Practical chemistry-related principles
HPCET 2018 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Complex Numbers and quadratic equations
- Set Relations and functions
- Sequences & Series
- Determinants of matrices
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its common applications
- Differential equations
- Integral Calculus
- Limit, continuity, and Differentiability
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
- Coordinate geometry
- Vector algebra
- Vector Calculus
- Numerical Methods
- Linear algebra
- Partial differential equations
- Complex variables
- Ordinary differential equations
- Probability and Statistics