HBSAT stands for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test. This is a test conducted by Hyderabad Business School. Hyderabad Business School was founded in 1980 by an inspired group of eminent intellectuals and industrialists of Andhra Pradesh led by Dr. M.V.V.S.Murthi, Former Member of Parliament and popular philanthropist. It offers a 2 year course in Management. All candidates after finishing their bachelor’s degree can apply. They need to qualify the entrance test to get admission. Candidates who have a valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT-2017 scores do not have to give HBSAT 2018. There is a GD and Personal Interview after the written tests and the final selection is based on the aggregate scores of all the three. The HBSAT 2018 exam is scheduled in the month of January 2018 as per previous trends.
HBSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Applicant should have completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce, and Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education from any college with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent.
Candidates with relevant work experience and other candidates who are considered as fresh graduates awaiting results are also eligible Candidates must pass their 10+2 level exam. Final year candidates are also eligible to take part in this exam provided they show the required proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by August 20, 2017.
The entrance test, which is conducted by Hyderabad Business School, is compulsory for those applying candidates who have not appeared for any of the other valid tests and is optional for those who previously have obtained any of the above scores
Foreign category students as well as NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible, and are required to take the GMAT at a test centre outside India
HBSAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates will be able to download the online application form from the official website of University Candidates can only apply through online mode for entrance exam. Application is done for postgraduate courses. Candidates must fill in and submit the necessary details. Candidates must fill in their name, contact information and educational qualification in the admission form. Candidates must upload their passport size photograph and signature. Before submission of the form candidates need to pay the application fees of Rs 700 including 14 % GST.
HBSAT Application Process
6 steps are involved:
1) Register on HBSAT Website and fill the application form. Login using the User ID and password and fill basic information in the form such as name, contact information, educational qualification, Candidate’s education details (passing year, major subjects, percentage scored, name of institution) of class 10th, 12th and graduation. Candidates having valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT-2017 scores are not required to appear for HBSAT 2018 entrance exam. However, they do have to fill the admission form.
2) Downloading of the Admit Card by visiting the official website and enter the registration number and Date of Birth. The Admit card is a very crucial document that needs to be taken to the examination hall. To download the admit cards, the applying candidates will have to visit the official website of the university and enter their registration number and Date of Birth.
3) 3rd step is giving the online exam. 4 sections involved are Data sufficiency, Maths Ability, Comm. and Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning. The exam will most tentatively be held in the month of January, 2018. The exam will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test). When appearing for the exam, candidates must be well-prepared on sections like Data sufficiency, Mathematical Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
4) 4th step is to check the result on the official website. It shall be out within one month of the exam. Results for the entrance exam will be published on the official website of the university. To check the same, candidates need to visit the official website and click on the link reflecting ‘Result’. The result will be displayed in pdf image format. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the same.
5) 5th step is Group Discussion and Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates from the written exam shall go for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The final selection of students will be done on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance test/National level exams, GD & PI.
6) Counselling: Once the final list of students has been prepared, a counselling session will be conducted. The documents required at the time of admission will be verified during this period. Candidates must also note that it is very important for them to be present in person at the counselling.
HBSAT 2018 Exam Dates
The dates have not been announced yet. The dates for the exam will be updated as soon as the council notifies of the same. Candidates are suggested to keep checking this page for regular updates.
HBSAT Exam Centres:
HBSAT is set to be conducted at the following test centres:
- New Jalpaiguri
HBSAT Entrance Exam Books/ Sample papers:
There are paper preparation guides and sample papers present on the net and they can be downloaded from the net. Various types of papers available are:
1) How to prepare for MBA Entrance Exams.
2) MBA Entrance Exams- All about Time Management.
3) MBA Prep Guide – Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
4) Preparation Guide for MBA Entrance Exams – Quantitative Aptitude.
5) Preparation Guide for MBA Entrance Exams – Verbal Ability.
6) Important Books and Topics for All MBA Entrance Exams.
7) How to Prepare for GD- PI 2018
- It will contain objective type and subjective questions.
- That means the people will have MCQ’s.
- The paper will have 100 questions in total.
- Each correct response will search one mark.
- Total time duration of paper is 60 minutes for objective and 30 minutes for subjective as per the HBSAT Pattern.
- No negative marking in this exam.
- The composition of the test is as follows:
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
It has 50 Objective type sub topics explained below – Data sufficiency, Maths Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning
Data sufficiency: Questions based on Data interpretations and Data Sufficiency General Knowledge. It has General Knowledge and current affairs questions and aspirant has to prepare political, social and economic happenings of the country and outside India.
Maths Ability: Profit, Loss and Discount, Percentage, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, Averages, Age, Ratio and proportion, Circular Track & Upstream-downstream, Compound interest, Relative speed, Simple Interest, Algebra
Communication & Business Aptitude : Strong & Weak Arguments, Statements Assumptions, Statements and Conclusions, Statements & Inferences, Logical Sequence of Words, Analogies, Verbal Classification (Odd one out), Syllogism, Logical Deduction (based on syllogism), Course of Action, Causes and Effects
English: Language Skills is the command that one has over the language. Reading Comprehension, Sentence Jumble, Grammar, Sentence completion, Word Usage, Synonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Cloze Test, Antonym, Analogy, Homophones, Confusable, Migratory Words, Phrasal Verbs.
Reasoning: It consists of a number of questions of Critical Reasoning like Critical Reasoning
Number series, Letter Series, Series Missing Numbers, Odd one out, Blood Relation, Clock Matrix, Cubes
Coding Decoding, Direction and Distance test, Ranking Tests, Sitting Arrangement, Linear Arrangements, Matrix Arrangements, Mathematical Puzzles, Venn Diagram
Downloading the Admit Card:
Admit card works as a hall ticket for all candidates. It must be there on the day of the exam. Admit card contains candidate’s name and personal details, exam Centre and date of exam. Admit card contains the time of exam as well. Candidates can download admit card after submitting the application form. Univ. will grant access to candidates for downloading Admit cards. Univ. will make admit card available on the official website. Candidates can then download the admit cards. Candidates should reach the exam venue on the given date and on the given time. Details are on the admit card. Candidates should show their admit card at the exam centre. If a candidate has no admit card it will result in cancellation of his registration. No candidate can sit for the exam without showing the admit card.
HBSAT 2018 Results
The HBSAT Univ. will release entrance exam results in 2018. Candidates can check their results from the official Univ. website and download their results. The Univ. will release results in the month of March. Candidates need to show results to the Admission Council.
HBSAT 2018 Counselling
Candidates selected on the basis of the scores obtained in HBSAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT or ATMA, and performance in Group Discussion & Personal Interview will be required to be present in the person on the day of counselling.
Counselling will commence after showing of results.
Candidates will need to furnish the required documents and make the initial payment. These are the document that need to be carried along for verification at the time of counselling are:
- Admit Card of HBSAT 2018
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheet of the previous qualifying examination
- School Leaving certificate or Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Class X pass certificate for verification of age
HBSAT 2018 Contact Information
Address: Hyderabad Business School (HBS)
GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus, Rudraram, Patancheru Mandal, Medak Dist.Telangana – 502329
Students who have any query can visit the official website Official Website: http://ghbs.in/ or call on the number 08455-221361