GUJCET 2018 will be held on 23rd April 2018. The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducts this entrance exam to offer admissions to the candidates in the participating institutes of Gujarat. The GUJCET 2018 exam will be conducted offline.
The application process for the exam will get started on 23rd March 2018. The candidates must have a valid email ID before starting the application process. The application process will be carried out online by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB). The candidates must ensure that they are fulfilling the eligibility criteria before starting the application process.
The candidates will be issued admit cards for the exam in the month of April 2018 tentatively. The admit cards will be made available online for download. The candidates will be able to download their admit cards from the official website of the board.
The merit list for the admissions of the candidates will be based on 60% weightage on 10+2 or any equivalent qualifying exam marks and 40% weightage on GUJCET 2018 entrance test marks. The result for the GUJ CET 2018 is expected to be announced in the 4th week of May 2018 tentatively. For the online GUJCET counselling and seat allotment process, the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) will be responsible.
GUJCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the GUJCET exam is as follows-
- You will be considered eligible for GUJCET 2016 examination only if you satisfy the following conditions:
- Applicants should be of 17 years and should be of Gujarat domicile to apply for the examination.
- Applicants ought to be passed in Higher Secondary Certificate examination form a recognized board/university to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must score at least 50% of aggregate in the examination in case of general category (45% in case of reserved category).
- Applicants applying for BE, B.Tech courses must have PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as their subjects to apply for the examination.
- Applicants who want to apply for MBBS, B.Pharm and BDS courses must have PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as their subjects.
More details about the exam can be found here.
You can also check the GUJCET 2018 exam dates here.
GUJCET 2018 Application form
If you are interested you can fill and submit the GUJCET 2018 application form.
Steps for applying for GUJCET 2018 form are mentioned below:
- You are required to register by visiting website gesb.org
- You are required to click on GUJCET and then on “Apply Online”
- You are required to fill your Name, Mobile number and Email ID and register it.
- You need to login and fill in your personal, qualification and necessary detail as mentioned in the form and submit it.
You need to pay application fees to complete the process offline through DD in favor of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”
After completion of form you need to take printout of form and send your application form to the following address:
Admission Committee for professional Courses, Admission Building, L.D. College of Engineering Campus, Navrangpura, Ahmadabad – 380015.
You are required to pay the application fee of Rs 300/- through DD in favor of
“Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”
GUJCET 2018 Results
The results for the exam GUJCET 2018 will be declared by the GSEB around the fourth week of May 2018. The students will be able to check the GUJCET 2018 result with their application number. In the result card provided to the candidates, they will be able to check their marks, rank as well as subject wise marks. You can know how to check out the results in a more detailed procedure here.
GUJCET 2018 Cutoff
The GUJCET 2018 cutoff would be the minimum marks that the candidates would need to score in the entrance examination in order to secure a rank which would allow them to take admission in any of the participating institute. The authorities would be preparing the cutoff marks and ranks in order to screen the candidates during the admission process. The cutoff ranks for each of the institute would be different. The records of cutoff ranks and marks will be made public by the different participating institutes.
GUJCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- The paper comprises of 120 multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark each.
- Time for the test will be 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The test will be conducted in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- 25 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer.