You must be aware of the Gujarat Common Entrance Test popularly known as GUJCET 2017 which is a state level engineering entrance exam. It is organised to offer admission to individuals like you in different medical fields such as B.Tech and B.E courses in different government and private colleges in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET 2017 is organised by The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Education Department, Government of Gujarat. Those of you who are interested can fill the application form from March 2017. The program for this exam is on the basis of education’s department’s syllabus for HSC (12th Science stream). GUJCET 2017 entrance exam would be around May 2017.
|GUJCET Medical 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||GUJCET|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Education Department|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
GUJCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You would be considered eligible for GUJCET 2017 examination only if you satisfy the following conditions:
- You need to be 17 years of age and need to be of Gujarat domicile to apply for the examination.
- You need to have cleared in Higher Secondary Certificate examination from a recognised board/university to apply for the examination.
- You need to have secured at least 50% of the total in the examination in case of general category (45% in case of reserved category).
- Those of you applying for BE, B.Tech courses need to have PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as their subjects to apply for the examination.
- Those of you who desire to apply for MBBS, B.Pharm and BDS courses should have PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as their subjects.
GUJCET 2017 Application form
If you are interested you can fill and submit the GUJCET 2017 application form.
Steps for applying for GUJCET 2017 form are mentioned below:
Step 1: You are required to register by visiting website www.gseb.org
Step 2: You are required to click on GUJCET and then on “Apply Online”
Step 3: You are required to fill your Name, Mobile number and Email ID and register it.
Step 4: You need to log in and fill in your personal, qualification and necessary detail as mentioned in the form and submit it.
Step 5: You need to pay application fees to complete the process offline through DD in favour of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”
Step 6: After completion of the form you need to take the printout of form and send your application form to the following address:
Admission Committee for professional Courses,
L.D. College of Engineering Campus,
Ahmadabad – 380015
- You are required to pay the application fee of Rs 250/- through DD in favour of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”
- If candidates fail to pay fee their application will be rejected.
GUJCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The paper comprises of 120 multiple choice questions 1 mark each.
- Time for the test will be about 180 minutes.
- The test will be conducted in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- 0.25 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer.
- The distribution of subject and question is as follows:
|Subject||No of Question||Marks|
GUJCET 2017 Syllabus
Knowledge of the syllabus would help you to prepare better for the Exam.
- Static Electricity
- Current Electricity and its Effects
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves and Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiations and Matter, Atom and Nucleus
- Semiconductor Electronics and Communication
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Alcohols, Phenol and Ether
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Nitro compounds
- Polymer Substances
- Bio Molecules
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Straight Lines and Family of Straight Lines
- Indefinite Integration
- Definite Integration
- Differential Equations
- Differentiation and its Applications
- Water Relation of Plants
- Mineral Nutrition
- Animal Nutrition and Digestive System of Cockroach & Humans
- Circulation in Animals
- Excretion and Osmo Regulation in Animals
- Movement and Locomotion in Animal
- Nervous System of Cockroach and Humans
- Human Endocrine System
- Growth and Development in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Animals
- Growth, Regeneration and Ageing
- Organism and their Environment
- Natural Resources: Their Kinds and Sources
- Biological Resources and Biodiversity
- Population – Environment and Development
- Food Production
- Immunity and Human Health
- Modern Methods of Diagnosis
GUJCET 2017 Exam Dates
GUJCET 2017 Admission Events
Important Dates (Announced)
|1||Release of Official Notification Announcing GUJCET 2017||1st December 2016|
|2||Release of Online Application Forms||30th March 2017|
|3||Last Date for Submission of Online Application Forms||16th Apri 2017|
|4||Release of Admit Card||5th May 2017|
|5||GUJCET 2017 Exam||10th May 2017|
|5||GUJCET 2017 Answer Key official||15th May 2017|
|5||GUJCET 2017 Result||2nd week of June 2017|
GUJCET Admit Card 2017
GUJCET 2017 Admit card will be released by the admission committee on May 5, 2017. Candidates can download the admit card for GUJCET online. All information regarding the examination day i.e., exam centre, date, timings and more will be written in the admit card of GUJCET 2017. It is important for all applicants to keep the admit card with them safely and produce it during the examination. Failure to show the admit card during the exam day will lead to the disqualification of the applicant. Candidates can download the GUJCET admit card 2017 till May 10 – the day of the exam.
GUJCET 2017 Result
The candidates who appeared in this examination can check their GUJCET MBBS Result from the official portal. The examination authority will declare the GUJCET 2017 result on their official web page www.gseb.org. Candidates will be able to check the result along with marks in all subjects. Candidates need to log in to account and enter the Application Number, Date of Birth (DOB) and submit it.
GUJCET 2017 Counselling
The event of changes of choices by the candidates for admission will take in the first week of July 2017. Declaration of the first allotment will be done at the end of the second week of July 2017. Display of filled and locked choices will take place in the second week of July 2017. The seat will be allotted based on the merit list, score card and availability of seats. Students must have to carry all required documents along with photocopy of it.
GUJCET Participating Institutes 2017
The state of Gujarat offers admissions to all eligible applicants into the 112 participating engineering institutes through GUJCET 2017. Only those applicants who qualify the entrance examination and fulfil the required eligibility will be allotted seats into the following institutes. Listed below are some of the institutes under GUJCET 2017.
GUJCET 2017 Participating Institutes
Participating Institutes of GUJCET 2017
Total Number of Seats Offered
|1||Nirma University, Ahmedabad||780|
|2||Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar||300|
|3||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar||300|
|4||Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad||612|
|5||Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering, Ahmedabad||120|
|6||Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad||720|
|7||Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar||1020|
|8||Lukhdhirji Engineering College, Morbi||510|
|9||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management, Ahmedabad||150|
|10||Government Engineering College, Rajkot||540